PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Stutter HOW-TO

Thee_oddball
04-26-2011, 02:19 AM
I have not tried the latest patch yet but i understand that it has fixed the multi core problem :)

Now with the official release of the new patch this process im about to tell you about may become redundant...but just in case :) plus the program has other uses :)

ok here is the program
http://www.koma-code.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=93

download,install and read on

I could not get infintymask to work :( the game was always using %100 of one core and %10 on the rest :(
So i installed the program listed above and forced the game to use all 3 cores. I then put the setting's to high at 1440x1050 rez and flew over London at about 200 feet panning left and right from the cockpit and got an AVG FPS of 21...no big deal but what i noticed was the micro stutters were reduced and the panning was very smooth :)
I then engaged in a 15 plane dogfight and landed my plane at a coastal base with an avg of 65 over water and 32 when i hit land at the base :)

HOW-TO

once tha program is installed and started you will see all the process;s that are running, start CLOD and you will see the Launcher added to the list.

right click each listing and choose "add to selected CPU profile" i chose CPU1 -1 for ALL the programs running except the Launcher for which I chose CPU 3 1+2+3 which forced the game to use all 3 cores :) now the game uses about %60 across the board and is smoother :)

almost forgot...select "manual" as soon as you start the program and the profile you have made (profile 1 being the default) after you have chosen "manual" all the process's should have a 1000 next to them signifying that they are using core 1 and the launcher should have a 1110 signifying use of 3 cores...or 1111 for 4 or 1100 for 2 and so on :)

S!

Goanna
04-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Oddball, link is to the command line tool, did you mean the CPU control tool here?

Cheers

Goanna

Thee_oddball
04-26-2011, 03:08 AM
Oddball, link is to the command line tool, did you mean the CPU control tool here?

Cheers

Goanna

thnx..corrected now, did you try it?

Goanna
04-26-2011, 03:36 AM
yep, couldn't get it to work :( I have been using a program that I got from a torrent called SMP Seesaw Pro... the downside to it is that it is not "persistent" ie you have to manually change the affinity each time you fire up the game, and to be honest I haven't noticed any noticable drop in the micro stutters I get while low & slow over London, everywhere else is pretty dammed good on my rig though.

Cheers

Goanna

Ataros
04-26-2011, 07:46 AM
The program was very useful for me before April 15th patch. After that patch I stopped using it as I am happy with performance and cores load. I have AffinityMask set to 4 cores all the time in conf.ini as well.

ATAG_Doc
04-27-2011, 02:04 PM
The program was very useful for me before April 15th patch. After that patch I stopped using it as I am happy with performance and cores load. I have AffinityMask set to 4 cores all the time in conf.ini as well.

how do we set this in the ini??

MegOhm
04-29-2011, 05:37 AM

what number did you use for 4 cores and what number should I use for 6 cores?
I have a i7 980 Extreme

Which ini should we use steam or 1c softclub

LcSummers
04-29-2011, 06:05 AM
what number did you use for 4 cores and what number should I use for 6 cores?
I have a i7 980 Extreme

Which ini should we use steam or 1c softclub

Look there ProcessAffinityMask option in section [rts]
Remove the sign ; in front of him.

Its in: 1c softclub

value in accordance with the number of cores:

2 cores - 3
3 core - 7
4 cores - 15
6 cores - 63
8 cores - 255

This is not my credit, i have it from a post dont know where, forgot it.