PDA

View Full Version : Weapons loadout question

machoo
04-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Doing the campaign i've been playing with the weapons loadout and changing the ammo type. Right now I run Armour piercing , .303's & incendiary mixed. I'm not sure if they are all included though because I could add what seems like infinite amounts into the wings without any message saying the load out is full.

With the Hurricane the default are the .303's , how many ammo variations can you have in the wings? One for each gun ? So 8 in total?

SEE
04-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Its a bit of a black art with the Allies loadouts. There are 13 pre-sets, some appear to have just one type of ordinance whilst others have a sequence. if you select a preset (e.g. for Gun 1), its magazine will be loaded with that one untill its full. If you insert an additional pre-set for that same gun then the magazine fills with a pattern of A B A B A B........untill it's full. You have to experiment but my impression is that you can mix to a point depending on whether a preset has multiple ordinance in a sequence or wether it has just one. For me, limiting one or two pre-sets per gun seems to work as well as having a complex sequence and balancing the loadouts so that the loadouts are complementary i.e Gun 1 = Gun 8, etc, etc.

There hasn't been much discussion on loadouts.......I think the philosophy is 'if you have a loadout that works well - keep it to ones self'.........:grin: