PDA

View Full Version : Please fix these huge bugs!

Voidhunger
04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
1. Planes fly even when the pilot is dead.
2. Plane parts fall down very slowly without being affected by wind and
physical laws.
3. Destroyed bombers with missing wings and tails hang in the air without
falling down.
4. Grass and fire are sometimes a few meters above the ground.
5. Bombers are parked through houses.
6. There is a large square with stripes on the ground and sea.

emtguf
04-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Be careful asking for bug fixes in this forum. Several members are not too happy with people questioning the games state.

FG28_Kodiak
04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
First look in the Bug Report Posts, there is no need for a new thread. And this Bugs are already reported.

Doc_uk
04-25-2011, 04:51 PM
First look in the Bug Report Posts,.
Were are they?

GOA_Potenz
04-25-2011, 04:55 PM
seems that the actual state of the game is not even beta

Vengeanze
04-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Complex FM on debries? Come back in 10 years.

TUSA/TX-Gunslinger
04-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Were are they?

Doc,

Here's the thread.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19629

These are always good to look at, at least once. Usually (but not always), I find that someone has already posted the issues I'm experiencing and a whole lot more.

On the other hand, with some issues it's great to have confirmation from various O/S's, hardware and such - that the bug or broken feature exists across multiple platforms.

S!

Gunny

whoarmongar
04-25-2011, 05:11 PM
These bugs are huge, I have never ever seen a game released with bugs before. I should go and DEMAND your money back.
Planes flying on with dead pilots........
Im outraged that something like this could be allowed to happen in a game
I personally may uninstall this game
Im shocked and disgusted.
I need to lie down
NURSE, NURSE bring me my medication.

SDT_longshot
04-25-2011, 05:31 PM
planes are capeable with flying on there own for a while if pilot is killed the plane has lift and the engine in running then the plane can still fly untill it looses lift and altitude or crashes

Doc_uk
04-25-2011, 05:35 PM
So what you are asking is that we go through 38 pages of bugs, just to see if the ones we have found, have already been listed
Hmm Seems a bit much, don't you think:rolleyes:
regards
Doc

GOA_Potenz
04-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Come on face the reality, the game was released totally incomplete, everything is placed together with ducktape, and as soon as you go for a ride the tape gets lose.

Devs need to sort all the things out before the american release, did you ever realize why the USA release was so delayed...

As far as the sim concern, it is nothing more than the igomyr covention beta

Sorry guys but face it we been cheated, sad but true

Rattlehead
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Complex FM on debries? Come back in 10 years.

I know. ;)
I'm a bit annoyed that house roof tiles don't smash realistically when you fly into them.

FG28_Kodiak
04-25-2011, 05:41 PM
The problem is that the developer don't read any post in this forum, i think. So it's better to collect them in a single thread.

vicinity
04-25-2011, 05:46 PM
So what you are asking is that we go through 38 pages of bugs, just to see if the ones we have found, have already been listed
Hmm Seems a bit much, don't you think:rolleyes:
regards
DocNo, he's asking to post in the already available threads.

While we're here: Last week I shot through the canopy of a 109 with my Spitfire and killed the pilot. I know I killed him because I paused to take a screenshot. I waited patiently for him to fall down in the ocean, after a minute or so the 109 seemed to be flying level. I switched my camera back to the 109 only to find he had magically resurrected. Gotta love them bugs! :grin:

SDT_longshot
04-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Come on face the reality, the game was released totally incomplete, everything is placed together with ducktape, and as soon as you go for a ride the tape gets lose.

Devs need to sort all the things out before the american release, did you ever realize why the USA release was so delayed...

well considering the game was realised to europe as BETA testers of corse its gonna be incomplete europe got the game months early so we can test the game find the bugs and help the devlopers fix what needs to be fixed and have fun doing it

if eny body doesnt like that well sry to say deal with it stop aching like spoilt kids whos found a fly in there icecream and if you still arnt happy go away n come back when the full game gets released in the usa :D

as for me im having fun finding these bugs flying the game early and watching it grow from a seedling to a fully grown tree :D

Voidhunger
04-25-2011, 05:53 PM
I haven´t noticed an "official bugs list to developers"

I like this game, but these bugs are horrifying.

Fixing these bugs is highly important to me instead of fixing multiplayer.

People are whining about bad sounds etc. but those are absolutely unimportant things to fix at the moment.

I straffed Hurricane on the ground today and set it on fire. The pilot was killed. He wasn´t worried by that, started the engine and took off. Only a few meters above the ground did he realize that he was dead and his plane was surrounded by fire, he finally crashed.

It is clear that with pilots and planes like this Germany couldn´t win the war.

Baron
04-25-2011, 05:56 PM

Thx for the heads up.

How does it feel to state whats been said 1279009983 times before? (by 4 posters in total, well, 5 including u)

JG14_Jagr
04-25-2011, 05:59 PM
physical laws.
falling down.

Planes do fly with dead pilots.. A lot of times the first time an attacking pilot knew the pilot was dead was when the plane flew in to some terrain. If a plane is tripped properly it will fly as long as it has fuel and remains trimmed for flight..

I have not seen parts falling too slowly, some parts, like tail sections and the like have a signicant surface area and tend to fall more slowly due to a parachute effect.

Roads are sometimes above ground too..its something that has to be adjusted when they find problems in terrain height.. its not exactly unique to this game.

Not everything has a hit model.. that is a compromise, trying to have the volume of houses and objects and have them all fully mapped would tax the system resources beyond

I have seen screenshots of the stripes, thats most likely a driver issue and how the game interacts with the video hardware.. I'm sure they are working on that one..

To call these "Huge Bugs?" Thats a bit of a reach. There are plenty of other issues with the game that negatively effect gameplay for some people.. those would be FAR more serious that graphical bugs like you've mentioned above

Skiiwa
04-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Cheated??? Not sure I would go that far. I am enjoying the game. Cant wait to see were this game is in a year.

Vincento
04-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Don't know if i'm lucky with my system or just haven't played enough, but i have not experienced any of OPs bugs.. Runs quite well here actually, apart from the mission failure in campaign.. Off course theres still a lot of work to do, and may be should have been delayed some more.. But i'm happy, i get to play this great sim, and the potential is huge!

Specs:
i7@3.0
6 Gb RAM
HD4870

Voidhunger
04-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Planes do fly with dead pilots.. A lot of times the first time an attacking pilot knew the pilot was dead was when the plane flew in to some terrain. If a plane is tripped properly it will fly as long as it has fuel and remains trimmed for flight..

I have not seen parts falling too slowly, some parts, like tail sections and the like have a signicant surface area and tend to fall more slowly due to a parachute effect.

Yes, planes fly with dead pilots, but without maneuvers and shooting at me.

Wings and other parts of the planes remain for a while in the position where they´re shot off and then very slowly "move" down at a regular speed , without any other movement (other direction).

JG14_Jagr
04-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes, planes fly with dead pilots, but without maneuvers and shooting at me.

Wings and other parts of the planes remain for a while in the position where they´re shot off and then very slowly "move" down at a regular speed , without any other movement (other direction).

Oh, misunderstood what you meant.. how do you know the pilot was dead then?

Voidhunger
04-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Oh, misunderstood what you meant.. how do you know the pilot was dead then?

pilot was dead in external view.

JG14_Jagr
04-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Ahh Ok.. you do realize that the little guy in there isn't really alive right? He's not real. Neither is the plane, the sky and the ground. Its all a bunch of numbers running in a giant equation.. and if a certain number comes up a certain animation is played.. So, if the "pilot" appears to be dead in external view, the problem or "Huge Bug" as you put it isn't that the pilot is a brain eating zombie, its that the wrong animation is being displayed..

kimosabi
04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
On a more humorous note, I LOLed hard yesterday on Syndicate. Climbed after lotsa dots at 2-3000m and when I got there I found trees. :D

mazex
04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
physical laws.
falling down.

I remember a story of a glider pilot that died after his oxygen system failed at 30.000 feet or higher. The plane continued flying for hours and was found many many miles away... I also remember Closterman writing about flying next to fellow pilot that was dead or unconscious and he flew on a long time before crashing. Didn't Closterman try to push his wing up? Read it 25 years ago ;) I really like the fact that planes with dead pilots don't plunge right into the ground immediately - even though they often do!

Voidhunger
04-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Ahh Ok.. you do realize that the little guy in there isn't really alive right? He's not real. Neither is the plane, the sky and the ground. Its all a bunch of numbers running in a giant equation.. and if a certain number comes up a certain animation is played.. So, if the "pilot" appears to be dead in external view, the problem or "Huge Bug" as you put it isn't that the pilot is a brain eating zombie, its that the wrong animation is being displayed..

Animation is ok, I killed the pilot with bullets through the canopy. It´s a similar problem to the one when planes continued flying without wings, which has already been fixed.