PDA

View Full Version : Can't DL CoD after paying or log in to Steam

gprr
04-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Hello all

First time Steam user here:(
Yesterday, after paying and getting conffirmation code,DLed the steam msi thingy and installed it in "Steam games" folder under "C", stating 10mb connection that I have.
Got back to the opend window of my CoD purchase and pressed the DL botton and got this from Steam:
"Could not connect to Steam network.
This could be due to problem with your internet connection, or with the Steam network"
Created support account and submitted my problem with no reply yet.
I can login to my support account with no prob but can not login to Steam via my descktop installed steam app' or Steam site with same error message as above.
When trying to change password, allwaye getting the specified code to my e-mail but after creating the password in two boxes and proceiding, getting same error note.
Dissabled firewall and Avast antivirus but it changed nothing.
Uninstalled/installed Steam while changing connection state from 10 to 2 mb but no change.
WIN7 64bit

Thanks fo helping
GP

DellBoy321
04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
This sounds like more of a generic Steam problem, so I'd check the Steam forums to sort out your problem. However, the download speed that you can change has no effect on Steam whatsoever, and is just used as a way to estimate download times. Changing it is not a problem. Good luck with sorting it out.

gprr
04-27-2011, 07:20 PM
This sounds like more of a generic Steam problem, so I'd check the Steam forums to sort out your problem. However, the download speed that you can change has no effect on Steam whatsoever, and is just used as a way to estimate download times. Changing it is not a problem. Good luck with sorting it out.
Thank you DellBoy

Update: good thing tehy finally returend my buy value to my steam wallet but still cannot log in via my PC Steam app', so still have the problem and asked for more help from support.....it is daye between each reply:(

GP

Buzpilot
04-28-2011, 07:57 PM
I had a problem downloading a predownload, even after it's release. A tip on steam forum helped me, it was to delete 'ClientRegistry.blob' in steam folder, and reinstall, or repair it, then it downloaded immediatly after restart.
If it's persistant, it could help do this.

Edit; If you deleted steam folder before you reinstalled the first time, this probably wont help, but usually people don't delete folders when they reinstall.

gprr
04-28-2011, 09:47 PM
I had a problem downloading a predownload, even after it's release. A tip on steam forum helped me, it was to delete 'ClientRegistry.blob' in steam folder, and reinstall, or repair it, then it downloaded immediatly after restart.
If it's persistant, it could help do this.

Thanks Buzpilot

So that on Steam forums - Deleted ClientRegistry.blob file, repaird and now, totaly lost my account>cannot login even from Steam site.....:(

Buzpilot
04-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Thanks Buzpilot

So that on Steam forums - Deleted ClientRegistry.blob file, repaird and now, totaly lost my account>cannot login even from Steam site.....:(

Probaly something gone wrong in repair, try reinstall then.
It's not possible to loose the account, unless somone get banned for cheating. (Not sure it's the account, or just the game they risk loosing access to)

gprr
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Thanks Buzpilot

Steam reseted my account and asked me to "Resetting an Account Password and Secret Question" like here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7058-AFZC-7069

But this is my real situation and answer:

Actually, cannot do "Resetting an Account Password and Secret Question" as described exactly - Only "settings" I see is when dragging steam icon to my task bar and right click on it which opens gray menu that does not offer " Change password" button but "Login to existing account" ect' .
second option for me is to find on the steam internet page (after being logged) some "account..." button and click on XXXXXXXX's account tab and find that only thing I can change is language....Otherwise no "settings" buttons can be found for me on steam internet page.

To sum it:

1.I can never login from my Steam desktop icon because I get this notification:
"Could not connect to Steam network.
This could be due to problem with your internet connection, or with the Steam network......"

2.I can never complete the "forgot your login info? / RETRIEVE LOST ACCOUNT" from my desktop icon because after doing the Code, secret answer and typing twice my new password, Steam is working shortly and than saying it "currently cannot process my request"

3.can never find "Settings" button for me on Steam internet site only via my desktop icon and nothing works/can be completed from here as I said....
Can only login from Steams site and can change there only language...

Thanks for the help

GP

gprr
04-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks for Helping

The problem was that my PC sits after router and it was defined as DMZ and we found on Steam web site, that Steam can not work with DMZ.

Downloading CoD now:grin:

Cheers
GP