PDA

View Full Version : Idea

Mr_Steven
04-24-2011, 11:20 PM
I might be getting ahead of myself here but wouldn't it be really cool if they added new aircraft and maps in accordance with the actual timeline they were introduced during the war? For instance the next set of planes and maps would be of the 1941 era, then 1942 and such. It would work pretty well considering the first installment is the Battle of Britain and so early in the war.

AndyJWest
04-24-2011, 11:47 PM
It may well work out like that. It has been suggested that the Mediterranean comes next, with Spit Vs P-40s and Bf-109 Fs added to the existing plane set. After that, maybe some Soviet aircraft (including a Sturmovik of course), Fw 190s etc. And then it gets complicated - western front, or Pacific war? P-51s either way, but do we want Heavy bombers, or carrier ops?

No doubt this will depend on the success of CloD, and/or the participation of 3rd party developers. The more 'open' design of this sim (compared to 'classic' IL-2) may help things along, though the amount of work involved in modelling aircraft to the required standard is going to slow developments down, I'm sure.

ElAurens
04-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Actually the operations of the American Volunteer Group (Flying Tigers) are ideally suited to the demanding production limits of the sim.

You would only need two Allied fighters initially, the Curtis Hawk 81 for the AVG and the Brewster Buffalo for the RAF. The RAF also operated the Blenheim in Burma in the early days and we already have that.

For the Imperial Japanese Army Flying Corps you again only need two fighter types, the Ki-27 "Nate", and the Ki-43 "Oscar", plus one twin egine bomber type Ki-21 and one single engine fixed gear attack plane, the Ki-30.

Simple.

CharveL
04-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Actually the operations of the American Volunteer Group (Flying Tigers) are ideally suited to the demanding production limits of the sim.

You would only need two Allied fighters initially, the Curtis Hawk 81 for the AVG and the Brewster Buffalo for the RAF. The RAF also operated the Blenheim in Burma in the early days and we already have that.

For the Imperial Japanese Army Flying Corps you again only need two fighter types, the Ki-27 "Nate", and the Ki-43 "Oscar", plus one twin egine bomber type Ki-21 and one single engine fixed gear attack plane, the Ki-30.

Simple.

Simple.

Except the huge mofo of a map! ;)

ATAG_Dutch
04-25-2011, 01:08 AM
I might be getting ahead of myself here but wouldn't it be really cool if they added new aircraft and maps in accordance with the actual timeline they were introduced during the war? For instance the next set of planes and maps would be of the 1941 era, then 1942 and such. It would work pretty well considering the first installment is the Battle of Britain and so early in the war.

Hmm.... not necessarily.

The Battle of Britain is actually quite a late start.

There was Spain, Czeckoslovakia, Poland , Norway, Holland, Belgium, France, the Japanese invasion of China.
Before that there was the Russian revolution and Iraq, using all those obscure inter-war years aircraft that everyone forgets.

Someone ought to bridge the gap between RoF and CoD to make the history complete.

Then go on to the later years.

Mind you, Ive had a few drinks, so I could be talking rubbish.:rolleyes:

Wolf_Rider
04-25-2011, 05:14 AM
Carrier Ops sound good :)

Sauf
04-25-2011, 05:31 AM
Carrier Ops sound good :)

I get lost over the English channel! Not looking forward to trying to find my carrier on full switch in COD. Better start practising my navigating skills now :)