PDA

View Full Version : I had a blast (online) today - post beta patch

Tvrdi
04-24-2011, 02:49 PM
It was mostly, pretty smooth although sometimes it wasnt so smooth and it should be since my avg fps was around 56 and min 35. 40 players online + AIs. Vsync is working now, no tearing but TiR movement (head movement) isnt smooth as it should be. But at least, now is PLAYABLE. FM is stunning, feeling in flight, all teh forces, drag (spec. noticable when ur doin some maneuvers at high speeds). Just it seams that headshaking is a bit overdone and not real. But thats optional anyway. So I hope they will fine tune the code and optimize the sim so we can have smooth playing and nice looking game (landcape) without sacrificing visuals (that is on new rigs, guys with older PCs can say goodbye to CLOD).
Also, we need some kind of newbie guide as many ppl dont know how to respawn (CREATE butoon - not FLY), not familiar with custom screens/bars (I finally realised how customizable and great they are), not familiar with engine management etc....

Pitty the game wasnt released in such state, or even in better state, tuned and optimised so official review gamers site wouldnt give such a bad reviews.
So I hope they will replace the awful external engine sounds, give us more video and sound options (fps limiter, post saturation, audio channels etc), fine tune the code (optimisations), tune the landscape colors (its too bright and too vivid) etc....they need fingers crossed....

my setup: i7920@3.5Ghz - GTX470 TwinFrozr2 1280 MB VRAM (OC to 750Mhz on core), 6GB DDR3 RAM, x-fi extreme gamer soundcard, OS: Win7 64 bit, TiR 4 pro....

my video settings:
Res: 1680x1050, 60Hz (refrash rate of my monitor)
full screen checked
Model detail: high
Buildings detail: very low
Land detail: very low
forest: off
Visual effects: high
Texture quality: high
AA: 2X
anti epilepsy filter: off
SSAO: off
VSYNC: checked (ON)
Damage decals: high
Buildings amount: Low
Land shading: high
Grass: unchecked (off)
Shadows: unchecked (off)
Roads: unchecked (off)

ElAurens
04-24-2011, 02:51 PM
It was good to see you online Tvrdi and apparently enjoying yourself.

Sometimes we all should stop posting and start flying more, myself included.

Cheers.

:cool:

baronWastelan
04-24-2011, 04:23 PM
I am happy to see you took my advice and didn't give up!

Tvrdi
04-24-2011, 06:01 PM
well I gave ROF a chance...and we did it....game is optimised (with some flaws but thats another story).....CLOD deserves the same....