PDA

View Full Version : basic flying questions for newb

ARGH
04-24-2011, 02:41 PM
please explain;

1] engine management during flight.

2] how to start the engine.

3] what controls should be assigned to a flightstick system.

4] why doesn't the bf109's flaps work.

5] i cannot assign a weapon loadout in a quick mission, only defualt or empty.

6] sometimes i cannot assign a different plane in a quick mission, just reverts to default plane.

answers don't have to be complex. i think it is best to ask in forums instead of spending another 3 hours trying to figure out what control settings do and assigning them to the G940.

SEE
04-24-2011, 03:19 PM
please explain;

1] engine management during flight.

No easy answer to this. Each ac is different and you will need to study and practice. In a nutshell monitor engine coolant temps and rpm - manage throttle, rads, prop pitch, negative G effects.

2] how to start the engine.

See the gameplay section - excellent videos are there.

3] what controls should be assigned to a flightstick system.

Depends on your stick but flight controls -Ailerons, Rudder, Elevators, weapons triggers would be considered the basic essentials with View assignments next on the list.

Pass - I fly Red

5] i cannot assign a weapon loadout in a quick mission, only defualt or empty.

Default only at the moment, use FMB (full mission builder) to create new missions with your loadouts or use Notepad to edit stock ones. (see gameplay section)

6] sometimes i cannot assign a different plane in a quick mission, just reverts to default plane.

Bugged interface probably (haven't noticed that yet)

best of Luck

Derinahon
04-24-2011, 10:42 PM

You need to hold the button down for 20+ seconds to get full flaps. Try while on the ground and you'll see the wheel in the cockpit slowly turning, the flaps will gradually lower.