PDA

View Full Version : Can't purchase Spells?

jawnTEM
04-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Hi! just got this game and have been playing for a few days now trying to get the feel.

I can't seem to purchase new spells. It always tells me that there is no room in my book. I've deleted all the spells in it and it still says the same thing. Is there a trick to this?

ckdamascus
04-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi! just got this game and have been playing for a few days now trying to get the feel.

I can't seem to purchase new spells. It always tells me that there is no room in my book. I've deleted all the spells in it and it still says the same thing. Is there a trick to this?

Hey there, mouse over the "Spells" or press "B" in the main screen.

It should give you a number, like 60(21). In my case, I have 60 scrolls, but my spellbook only has a capacity of 21. This can happen if you find scrolls via treasure hunting or quests.

However, this also means I need to sell or drop 40 scrolls before I can buy anything from a store.

You can sell scrolls by going to a full Castle, then pressing "B", then right clicking on spells. Don't forget, there might be more than one page of scrolls, and there are different disciplines AND there are wanderer scrolls.

jawnTEM
04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Not sure what was going on. I was pretty far into the game and it still wasn't letting me purchase any spells. I saved then sold all my spells, went to a store and it still wouldn't let me purchase any, not even 1. Disgusted, I started a new game and then I could purchase spells. (?) Go figure? Issue resolved; however, I don't know how!!