PDA

View Full Version : ideas for the best multiplayer Game

kakisdf
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Dear 1C: Maddox Games

Thank you for your very good work.

To further improve the IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover multi player Game we propose the following:

1. Create multi player Game (lobby - maps - games / Assault zones / combat) similar to that of MEN OF WAR.

2. Add ranks, medals and decorations

3. Add ranked games

4. Add Game duration(min)(MP game).

5. Add Resource income (Per minute)(MP game).

6. Add Type of troops (MP game).

7. Add Reinforcements (no refund-With payback-none)(MP game).

Best regards XaggelosBs-XnikolasBs-kakisDF

whoarmongar
04-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Lol wtf is this ? Have you got/played the game? I sure as hell havn`t got a clue what your on about. Medals/resources/refunds, jez I should stick to battlefield or something if I were you.
I have one idea to improve multiplayer tho

Let me see the balance of forces Red/Blue before im forced to choose sides and enter the game, Its a real bummer to join then find that everybody is on the same side.

JZG_Con
04-25-2011, 11:16 PM
sounds like too much battlefield ..lol...

Blackdog_kt
04-26-2011, 06:19 PM
The presentation might sound like too much battlefield, but the idea about resource tokens and tracking has been brought up in the past and it's a sound one.

We're still going through the early days, but in a few months we might have the tools to create a full dynamic online campaign.

In IL2:1946 DF servers there are already options to set mission objectives, as well as the amount of available aircraft and pilots for each side. This is fine for missions with a 3-hour time limit but what about running a week-long mini-campaign?
Well, magine if there was a way to automatically get reinforcements without reloading the map, which would simulate the replacement pilots and aircraft coming to the frontline squadrons from the pilot schools and factories. Now imagine that by bombing the factories you can reduce the rate at which new planes arrive at the enemy airfields.
Finally, imagine that this extends to other things like ammo and fuel supplies, that can either be depleted locally by bombing an airfield, cut-off at the source by leveling a factory or just made slower to replenish by attacking road and railway traffic...suddenly you might find yourself unable to use your preferred ammo load-out or having to take off with reduced fuel and so on ;)

Finally, if we have the ability to create our own missions within a persistent, sandbox-type online environment, there would have to be some kind of command structure so that players can coordinate their actions-->ranks, etc, either by measuring in-game performance of the player or by voting, so that for example each team could vote 2-3 people to act as "commanders" and plan the missions, set targets, assign campaign goals, etc, so that the rest of the players can either follow a pre-planned, briefed route (like flying a COOP in IL2:1946) or just head out on their own and attack the targets specified (the way it happens with IL2:1946 DF servers).

I think there's a whole lot of stuff underneath the surface, it's just that a lot of features are not enabled yet because they haven't been fully optimized and the SDK and documentation are not available yet.

JZG_Con
04-27-2011, 05:05 PM
i used to fly VOW. and alike used to read the maps and front lines and task mission for next attack ect , was very good ..all team work based , their were best squadrons point systems and so forth ..medals ect ..ROSS were top squadron if i remmber right ..i loved the idea but ive not seen anythink like that for a while , mind you i have been away working ..hyperlobby was always full ..

kakisdf
04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
The presentation might sound like too much battlefield, but the idea about resource tokens and tracking has been brought up in the past and it's a sound one.

We're still going through the early days, but in a few months we might have the tools to create a full dynamic online campaign.

In IL2:1946 DF servers there are already options to set mission objectives, as well as the amount of available aircraft and pilots for each side. This is fine for missions with a 3-hour time limit but what about running a week-long mini-campaign?
Well, magine if there was a way to automatically get reinforcements without reloading the map, which would simulate the replacement pilots and aircraft coming to the frontline squadrons from the pilot schools and factories. Now imagine that by bombing the factories you can reduce the rate at which new planes arrive at the enemy airfields.
Finally, imagine that this extends to other things like ammo and fuel supplies, that can either be depleted locally by bombing an airfield, cut-off at the source by leveling a factory or just made slower to replenish by attacking road and railway traffic...suddenly you might find yourself unable to use your preferred ammo load-out or having to take off with reduced fuel and so on ;)

Finally, if we have the ability to create our own missions within a persistent, sandbox-type online environment, there would have to be some kind of command structure so that players can coordinate their actions-->ranks, etc, either by measuring in-game performance of the player or by voting, so that for example each team could vote 2-3 people to act as "commanders" and plan the missions, set targets, assign campaign goals, etc, so that the rest of the players can either follow a pre-planned, briefed route (like flying a COOP in IL2:1946) or just head out on their own and attack the targets specified (the way it happens with IL2:1946 DF servers).

I think there's a whole lot of stuff underneath the surface, it's just that a lot of features are not enabled yet because they haven't been fully optimized and the SDK and documentation are not available yet.

The best proposal !!!

zoopyzook
04-27-2011, 10:26 PM
I'd like it if players couldn't just respawn if their aircraft was slightly damaged in the middle of a dogfight as this is robbing a kill for someone, obviously you can skip to respawn once you have bailed out to keep the momentum of the game up.

Also I think it would be a good feature if you had to land and park the aircraft to get it rearmed and refuelled.

This would give you some sort of ownership of the aircraft you first spawn in rather than hopping from cockpit to cockpit at the first sign of trouble.

Blackrat
04-28-2011, 05:46 AM
I'd like it if players couldn't just respawn if their aircraft was slightly damaged in the middle of a dogfight as this is robbing a kill for someone, obviously you can skip to respawn once you have bailed out to keep the momentum of the game up.

Also I think it would be a good feature if you had to land and park the aircraft to get it rearmed and refuelled.

This would give you some sort of ownership of the aircraft you first spawn in rather than hopping from cockpit to cockpit at the first sign of trouble.

With you on this one, exit flight only when landed, would be a great option for realism.

Vengeanze
04-28-2011, 06:39 AM

Which Finally is final? ;-)

MuxaHuk
04-28-2011, 07:56 AM
With new engine you can create your own game inside our game, for example: you connect to server, and server sends to you completly new user interface (no restriction, but protected by sandbox, no one can read, write or modify your data that out border of game).
New GUI, new rules of game, new score system with ranks and etc.
It can do right now, anyone for their game server.
Of course you need some knowledge of scripting and design. We will assist wherever possible to all comers.
We are working to create examples.

Imagine in the future, each server will be unique, different battles on land, in air or under water, or global war :)

zoopyzook
04-28-2011, 11:25 AM
With new engine you can create your own game inside our game, for example: you connect to server, and server sends to you completly new user interface (no restriction, but protected by sandbox, no one can read, write or modify your data that out border of game).
Of course you need some knowledge of scripting and design. We will assist wherever possible to all comers.

Imagine in the future, each server will be unique, different battles on land, in air or under water, or global war :)

this sounds amazing if it is true,

Bartoszcze
04-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Great idea. I was thinking about that too. It would greatly increase the immersion and realism of the mp.

With you on this one, exit flight only when landed, would be a great option for realism.

Krähe
04-28-2011, 01:18 PM

This sounds great MuxaHuk, glad to hear its already here. I am sure some of the more computer literate of the community will be in contact once you release the examples.