PDA

View Full Version : Persistent Online War

352ndBushpilot
04-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Gents,

Thanks for all the patches so far. The sim is starting to run better and better on my system, honestly I don't think it's fair to expect it could run better, due to my CPU.

Now that MP is starting to get into shape, when will there be more info coming forth about the advertised 128 player Persistent Online Campaign, raging on for weeks? Really looking forward to that :)

Had my first He-111 kill today, that made me hungry for more.

Have a blessed Easter everyone!

cheers,

352ndBP

Dundas
04-23-2011, 07:30 PM
609 will be ready and waiting!

KeBrAnTo
04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Gents,

Thanks for all the patches so far. The sim is starting to run better and better on my system, honestly I don't think it's fair to expect it could run better, due to my CPU.

Now that MP is starting to get into shape, when will there be more info coming forth about the advertised 128 player Persistent Online Campaign, raging on for weeks? Really looking forward to that :)

Had my first He-111 kill today, that made me hungry for more.

Have a blessed Easter everyone!

cheers,

352ndBP

I think first they need to fix the AI communications which is not working at all, spawning in MP is broken, you spawn over other planes continuosly. Also the chance to save your pilot, your plane details, etc ...

Without all these working I think is better to wait to be honest.

Sauf
04-23-2011, 10:24 PM
I think at this stage, for me personally, if they can implement what Bushpilot is suggesting I can uninstall 1946, I know I know, but you have to bite the bullet and move forward. ATM the only advantage (bugs aside) for me in 46 is the organised online war campaigns. SYN has filled the full switch server spot nicely, and tbh just learning the flight model with CEM and navigating ect is taking up what would of otherwise been my 46 time.

Ataros
04-24-2011, 10:30 PM
The scripts that can load new objectives into current mission are already here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21518
They are used in a mission on Syndicate server right now.

We just need more mission-makers to create more online missions to link them into more or less long campaign.

I do not think devs will do it. They will hopefully just provide an SDK with more tools and better documentation one day. All online wars in original IL-2 were created by community.