PDA

View Full Version : spitfire engine rev drop in mission 11

battler23
04-23-2011, 01:00 PM
in mission 11 single campaign, spitfire out of Manston, complex engine management unchecked, the revs drop after take off, the end. The fuel cock is off and the low pressure light is on but it is impossible to turn the fuel on either with a mouse or keyboard. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

TwistedAdonis
04-23-2011, 02:00 PM
It's a bug.

I have found it to be a strangely positive one as I have now started to fly with CEM on and the game has become loads more fun.
It was irritating at first, but it's really not that hard. Fuel cock on, magnetos on, radiator 100%, wait until your oil temp dial reads 30 degrees, take off. You can worry about prop pitch later (I don't really get that part yet). Change your options before you continue the campaign. Or start again and take a bit of time to learn CEM.

If you turn autopilot on it will decrease your prop pitch I think so you need to get it back to 100% when you take over.

Good luck.

Twister

louisv
04-23-2011, 02:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psYL7thQj6M

battler23
04-24-2011, 12:08 AM
thanks, i thought it might be that, ill give cem a go-more fun as u say. also how do you take off in the blenheim without the disastrous right swing?

whoarmongar
04-24-2011, 12:52 AM
CEM isnt complex at all, its very simple especially coz of the bugs,British merlins esentially all you have to do is switch the fuel on magnetos on ie press 3 keys, fine pitch, play with the mix by all means but its bugged and is meaningless at the moment, open your rad start engine, wait till its warm and off you go. simple.
Once up throttle back to about 2600 revs or so, close your rads a bit and use your prop pitch to regulate revs . You will notice that as you change pitch the revs and boost alter accordingly, just stay inside the limits you will be ok. if your revs start to get bogged down make pitch finer, if revs get to high courser pitch required. Dont worry about mix its buggered and needs fixing. Just remember these engines are very delicate, an extra 200 revs can kill them easy this is over modelled and is probabily there to stop people flying at engine limits all the time. a real life engine would probably have to last 50 hrs between services ( history bods will correct me im only guessing) in pc world we get a new one every flight.
CEM is worth doing, Its a satisfying aspect of the game to be burbling along well within limits with a nicely trimmed aircraft, it makes the scenery look a bit better. In fact after a while you will find yourself gazing at all those other switches in the cockpit and wishing you could use them all, you will want to have to give the primer pumps a few squirts to start up the engine,you will wish the bloody radio worked properly and most of all you will never enable the autopilot. :)