PDA

View Full Version : Launched IL-2 1946 to remember how it was and ...

jf1981
04-23-2011, 11:00 AM
CoD is really steps forwards, thanks to hard work, I had not realized how far it was from IL-2'46.

I had been satisfied with 46, but after few hours of trying and learning how to fly CoD, it seems like a step in the age of stone when I saw graphics and gameplay of the original serie.

The best hope is that the ammount of work needed to debug, polish, emphasize CoD will be passed through until that sim has reached the same level of stability and quality 46 had.

BTW thanks for opening MPs, I now have some fun online, very good.

Regards

senseispcc
04-23-2011, 12:13 PM
CoD is really steps forwards, thanks to hard work, I had not realized how far it was from IL-2'46.

I had been satisfied with 46, but after few hours of trying and learning how to fly CoD, it seems like a step in the age of stone when I saw graphics and gameplay of the original serie.

The best hope is that the ammount of work needed to debug, polish, emphasize CoD will be passed through until that sim has reached the same level of stability and quality 46 had.

BTW thanks for opening MPs, I now have some fun online, very good.

Regards

Yes, I am happy that someone else did share my opinion. This simulation is for the moment the top one.

There is still some debug to do but far less than the great number of patches for IL2 in the beginning of this fantastic game that hold a record of longevity (10 years). Because it was made like modules, I hope and feel it is the same for this one.
;)

jf1981
04-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Here's a bonus : From the Tiger Moth to Supermaine Spitfire in 9 hours.

Imagine you just had the 9 hours flight lessons pilots started with ...
Enjoy the challenge for young pilots were given, fly the Supermarine Spitfire in the same conditions that were those of the 40's, this is a great video to see.

Spitfire ace : Episode 1 Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQVnV0pm5TA&feature=related)

Tiger27
04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes, I am happy that someone else did share my opinion. This simulation is for the moment the top one.

There is still some debug to do but far less than the great number of patches for IL2 in the beginning of this fantastic game that hold a record of longevity (10 years). Because it was made like modules, I hope and feel it is the same for this one.
;)

For the first time in 10 years Il2 sturmovik isnt a shortcut on my desktop, well it is but its now IL2 Cliffs of Dover, its far from complete, but the things that are good about it are way beyong even a patched Il2 46