PDA

View Full Version : The new QMB

reflected
04-23-2011, 08:01 AM
...is absolutely awesome, I only wish it would work.

Right now, it doesn't.

- I still can't edit/select loadouts and beltings - well, I can, but they don't work
- visual weathering doesn't work either

However, you're on the right path ;)

Phazon
04-23-2011, 08:29 AM
I like the new missions and the new pre-flight briefing and flightplan screen. It looks like it will be possible to add "slides" to show intel such as aerial recon photos. :)

BigPickle
04-23-2011, 08:44 AM
More variety in missions is great but i have to be honest i prefered the old IL2 way as it gave more freedom of choice, but I love the set missions so the work has been done for you its nice.
Only problem is France now makes my pc stutter and freeze like crazy.

Kankkis
04-23-2011, 08:57 AM
More variety in missions is great but i have to be honest i prefered the old IL2 way as it gave more freedom of choice, but I love the set missions so the work has been done for you its nice.
Only problem is France now makes my pc stutter and freeze like crazy.

Factoryarea on coastal, if you mean it it was stuttering really badly last patch too.

reflected
04-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Skin selection doesn't work either. If there's a mission where the player skin is set, it will jump back to it no matter what I select. If it's a default skin, I can't disable markings.

Friendly_flyer
04-24-2011, 04:48 PM
I suppose it is a matter of the double folders (skin folder in the game folder and in the steam forlder, possibly same problem for belting and weathering). My guess is that the the features are are included in the beta-patch to give an idea of how the game is supposed to look when finnished.

Feathered_IV
04-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Skin selection doesn't work either. If there's a mission where the player skin is set, it will jump back to it no matter what I select. If it's a default skin, I can't disable markings.

Same here. Perhaps some of the Rise of Flight team can pay them a visit to show how to make a proper GUI.

Strike
04-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Same here. Perhaps some of the Rise of Flight team can pay them a visit to show how to make a proper GUI.

yes after all, neoqb learned it the hard way

Zorin
04-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Seriously, what was wrong with the old IL-2 GUI? It was a bit boring and techy, but it worked and was intuitive. The new one doesn't relate to the WWII theme, isn't intuitive or actually works as intended. Very annoying...

RocketDog
04-24-2011, 05:16 PM

Harsh.

But fair.

JG52Uther
04-24-2011, 06:42 PM
All we need is the old il2 '46 QMB.
Nothing wrong with that at all!

Doc_uk
04-24-2011, 06:45 PM
...is absolutely awesome, I only wish it would work.

Right now, it doesn't.

- I still can't edit/select loadouts and beltings - well, I can, but they don't work
- visual weathering doesn't work either

However, you're on the right path ;)
Same here icant change load-outs or skins:confused: but it is a nice touch

ElAurens
04-24-2011, 06:56 PM
All we need is the old il2 '46 QMB.
Nothing wrong with that at all!

Agree 100%

And the IL2 GUI.

reflected
04-24-2011, 08:23 PM
How ironic...we got the crappy sounds and AI from IL2, but not the great QMB :P

reflected
04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Wait: somehow, the gun loadouts work now! Good job, one step closer to getting wat I paid for ;)

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-24-2011, 09:23 PM
The QMB seems to be stuck,the same Polish 302 squadron is all you can choose from if flying Hurris.If flying Axis forces it would appear that half the missions can only be flown using Italian markings.

I have to say this part COD is awful,it just does'nt work,it's quite hopeless,let's hope they fix this soon.

What seems daft is that they then spend precious update time making more missions for it,......for Pete's sake get the main mission builder working first,it just makes sense to fix this first,does'nt it,before expanding on it?:confused:

ICDP
04-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Please please, PLEASE don't use the god awful IL2 1946 QMB, yes it was better than the current one but only slightly. It was good for a quick dogfight generator for target practice but a good QMB needs the ability to create missions with take-off and landings etc.

Also don't use the old IL2 GUI, it was boring and had no period feel to it (no neither does the new one). I suggest creating a new one with WWII character to it, EAW had a great feel to its GUI. Have a look at the EAW manual to jog your memories. http://vztimg.exent.com/Prem/products/190450/manual.pdf

Barracks, Hangars, Squadron rosters, Squadron Leader's office etc, the ability to turn on the radio. Also add the ability to pick who flies the missions from the roster and so on. You know, the kind of things sims were doing 15 years ago when immersion was still something sim developers strived for. Something the entire IL2 series has lacked in every single iteration... oh wait, this doesn't bode well. Another IL2 sim that caters to the online mass... er I mean tiny minority :(

CharveL
04-24-2011, 09:41 PM
If I never see an IL2 drop-down list again I will be happy.

Even with the crappy Win95 windows they're currently using, but I expect it's just another one of those details they've used as placeholders for functionality until they can whip something better up.

And QMB improvements aren't likely too far off anyway.

SEE
04-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Any changes you make in QMB (except weapons) have to be saved as a custom mission with new name to take affect. QMB currently loads the dafault file first......:confused: then offers you the choice to make changes......too bloody late..:evil:..its already loaded the damned default MIS file and does not ammend the data. Sure they will sort it!

ElAurens
04-24-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't care if the GUI looks like a bridge simulator for the Startship Enterprise, as long as it is easy to use and works.

Currently the GUI and QMB are neither.

OH, and how about functional skin selection online and offline with noseart files and the specs to create same.