PDA

View Full Version : MB issue changing objects

seacondor
04-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Can some one tell me how to add a searchlight to the mission builder or any object. I have been changing an existing single mission to make it a night bomber mission. I have tried coping a AAgun and changing it to a searchlight. However nothing happens. I can't find much in the manual on this.

Also while I'm here how do you get the speed and alt. text to show in flight?

Ataros
04-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Open a night mission from the campaign in FMB to see how searchlights work. It has rather advanced modeling. You have to put AA AI object and link it to searchlights, power generator and smth else iirc.

esmiol
04-23-2011, 08:55 AM
to make work a searshlight you have to do that!

1. put an AI antiaircraft object (not sure of name i play in frensh) and define an radius (100m per exemple)

2. in the properties of the AI objeect choose start up.CPP

3. put a generator inside the radius of AI object (static ---> environnement ---> generator)

4. link the AI object to the generator by the button set to... (you will see a yellow line linking the generator and the AI object.

5. put a searchlight near the generator. (don't forget to put the generator and searchlight in the radius of AI object)

it is done... now when a plane fly in the area the searschlight will work. and if the generator is destroy...the search light will stop working.