PDA

View Full Version : Force Feedback Feedback to devs

Kankkis
04-23-2011, 04:35 AM
I have G940 and sometimes my joystick goes allway limb, i mean no centering force but rumbling forces working on G turns and firing with guns but no centering force at all, If i put joystick fully left it stays there and then centering force is coming back after flying sometime.

I have setting in Windows "enable Centering Spring with FF games" OFF, because normally when playing FF games it should be OFF because then you feel better your speed with centering force, faster speed stronger centering spring and vice versa.

Secondly, takeoff FF is terrible, some kicks there and there, better is rumbling all the time.

Mine overall feelings for FF effects is very good, like it.

EDIT : Just tested more takeoff's seems like sometimes FF is working better in takeoff, sometimes joystick goes limb and kicks there and there strong spikes

Other opinions...

Buchon
04-23-2011, 05:24 AM
I have a G940.

I did not disable centering force completely, cant recall now but I have set it to around 10% in Logitech Control Panel.

I guess have some centering force is realistic.

I did not tested much this patch yet, so cant do a properly report atm.

Kankkis
04-23-2011, 05:54 AM
I have a G940.

I did not disable centering force completely, cant recall now but I have set it to around 10% in Logitech Control Panel.

I guess have some centering force is realistic.

I did not tested much this patch yet, so cant do a properly report atm.

Normally FF games emulate own centering Force, like CoD does but sometimes it goes off. i never use Centering Force any FF games not G940 and not G25 wheel either, When i play RoF and i'm standing still at airfield with motor off there is no Centering force allmost at all but when i move and motor is on there is centering force because the airflow. I mean bigger speed bigger centering force, when stalling very little centering force

There is good emulation for speed in CoD with centering force but i mean sometimes it drops off fully, sometimes when i start to fly from airborne, there is centering force and maybe next time when i goto airfield there is no centering force at all. Put it kicks on after some flying?

xnomad
04-23-2011, 05:59 AM
MS FFB2 owner here.

Thanks for releasing this patch but is there a way to turn FFB off for the time being as it's not quite right yet?

The centering force is missing in most Quick missions. It suddenly comes back with a kick randomly after a while. Then sometimes it disappears again. I've had it disappear on me in a 400 Km/hr dive. In some missions it starts with it on.

We also need the ability to make the gun recoil less or turn it off like in IL2 (by replacing with an empty text file) as it's just too much and throws off your aim.
Also the turbulence effect is too strong too, it might be realistic but we are disadvantaged by this.

Sorry to bring this up, I'm happy that you've added it but it needs some tweaking and some on off options in the control panel.

I'd like to feel stall buffeting and stick stiffness due to speed changes. I don't like turbulence and recoil effects, I'd rather be able to turn these off.

frenchfly
04-23-2011, 06:10 AM
G940 here also

My stick is limp (insert joke here) on take-off and stiffens as air pressure increases on the wings. I have not had it go limp in flight like you mentioned Kankkis. The shaking effects are exaggerated IMHO, so I edited them with fedit like I did for 1946. I also edited the strong kick spikes you talked about to about half strength.

My settings are 100 force 60 spring and 40 damper. I have enable spring for non ff games set to off, although I might experiment with this as we should have some resistance as buchon mentioned.

F

LcSummers
04-23-2011, 06:12 AM
I have the G940 too. For me its to harsh, meaning kicking me. Itried to turn it off in the conf. ini but it doesne help.

I think there should be a choise to turn FF on/off until it runs on every FF joystick.

Kankkis
04-23-2011, 06:21 AM
G940 here also

My stick is limp (insert joke here) on take-off and stiffens as air pressure increases on the wings. I have not had it go limp in flight like you mentioned Kankkis. The shaking effects are exaggerated IMHO, so I edited them with fedit like I did for 1946. I also edited the strong kick spikes you talked about to about half strength.

My settings are 100 force 60 spring and 40 damper. I have enable spring for non ff games set to off, although I might experiment with this as we should have some resistance as buchon mentioned.

F

Yes, when it CS kick back to on it is good and stays like that, but try some airstartmissions, when it start joy is limb and CS kicks sometime back, i can live with it, because when CS is working it doesent go away anymore.

You have really close same settings than i but Logitech recommends 102% force, there is something bug on that 100% is not so good.

But sometime when i start on the runway i have little centering spring on and sometimes it 100% off.

Edit :
When i come first time in the game and start air mission joy is limb some time, it kicks back and when i next start airstart centering spring is there right away.

Kankkis
04-23-2011, 06:22 AM
I have the G940 too. For me its to harsh, meaning kicking me. Itried to turn it off in the conf. ini but it doesne help.

I think there should be a choise to turn FF on/off until it runs on every FF joystick.

Take FF off in Windows.

frenchfly
04-23-2011, 06:26 AM
I posted this on another thread earlier, hope it helps some of you.

Go to this link http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php...ds&showfile=67

download the file, it's a program called fedit. You can use it to modify each force feedback file to your liking. Make sure you back up the originals

files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\FF.

And no you won't get banned for modifying these.

F

LcSummers
04-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Take FF off in Windows.

Please could you be so kind and tell me were in Windows?
Thanks for helping.

2033cyborg
04-23-2011, 06:40 AM

I'd like to feel stall buffeting and stick stiffness due to speed changes. I don't like turbulence and recoil effects, I'd rather be able to turn these off.[/QUOTE]

so why do you need FFB??

Kankkis
04-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Please could you be so kind and tell me were in Windows?
Thanks for helping.

Take that Tick away, joystick Control panel

frenchfly
04-23-2011, 06:47 AM
@ Kankkis

I did not try any air starts, so it seems like they have some bugs to work out. It is a beta after all. 1946 is inconsistent at start up also, I always gets full cs when I start it up.

By the way I do have 102% force settings for the reasons you mentioned.

I did notice that we still get machine gun effects even after running out of ammo, lol.

F

Kankkis
04-23-2011, 06:49 AM
@ Kankkis

I did not try any air starts, so it seems like they have some bugs to work out. It is a beta after all. 1946 is inconsistent at start up also, I always gets full cs when I start it up.

By the way I do have 102% force settings for the reasons you mentioned.

I did notice that we still get machine gun effects even after running out of ammo, lol.

F

Yeah, i just find that my joy is limb on airstart at first time after game is launch, it is limb some time and then CS kick in, then i start new airstart and CS is here right away. So not bad bug.

I actually like CoD FF effects a lot, some are too strong but i like overall, when slow speed CS is allmost limb, i feel when turn is become too tight and so on.

LcSummers
04-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Take that Tick away, joystick Control panel

Thanks Kankkis just found it and deactivated.

Salute

frenchfly
04-23-2011, 07:06 AM
I don't understand the desire to turn off the ffb, when we lobbied so hard to get it implemented. Everyone has very specific taste on how it should feel, which is why I posted the link to fedit. The program is very easy to use. There is no one size fits all when it comes to ffb.

F

Kankkis
04-23-2011, 07:09 AM
I don't understand the desire to turn off the ffb, when we lobbied so hard to get it implemented. Everyone has very specific taste on how it should feel, which is why I posted the link to fedit. The program is very easy to use. There is no one size fits all when it comes to ffb.

F

Actually i don't like them at first so much, but now i flyed more and get to feel it, good effects. Takeoff effect is not so good but overall very good.

LcSummers
04-23-2011, 07:13 AM

F

Cause its not optimized yet (this is a beta patch). Having the G940 FFb sometimes it kicks you, even in the air. If its optimized and runs/feels well ,then for sure i will activate it.;)

I think with the offical release bugs are ironed out.

janpitor
04-23-2011, 07:16 AM

I'd like to feel stall buffeting and stick stiffness due to speed changes. I don't like turbulence and recoil effects, I'd rather be able to turn these off.

so why do you need FFB??[/QUOTE]

The sense of speed and stall is the important thing when flyng. Didn´t try the patch yet, I´m far away from my pc, but I´m looking forward to trying it. As I see, oleg made his homework and in zero speed the stick is totally limp...that is the most correct modelation in simulotor history.

mazex
04-23-2011, 07:53 AM
I posted this on another thread earlier, hope it helps some of you.

Go to this link http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php...ds&showfile=67

download the file, it's a program called fedit. You can use it to modify each force feedback file to your liking. Make sure you back up the originals

files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\FF.

And no you won't get banned for modifying these.

F

Nice that those old files still exist! I edited mine in IL2 to remove most of the gun / cannon shaking and the violent random spikes on takeoff and landing.

As said by others here - I am really only interested in the stall buffeting and the stiffening self centering with speed. Those effects at the other hand are a must so it's really nice that they are included now!

I am away on easter vacation so I have not tried the new patch myself - will edit a set of *.ffb files and share them when I get back for the ones that are not into messing with the files themselves. I have a bunch of users of my old IL2 ffb files ;)

And I am impressed with all the stuff that has been squeezed into the patches the last two weeks. How much it must hurt that you where so close when 1C/Ubi pushed the product out on the market! Ubisoft seems to have taken the appropriate action now and they have delayed the US release until it's up at a decent level to avoid the fiasco in Russia/Europe. Why they did not delay the Euro release after the initial response to the 1C Russian release is a mystery...

What I don't understand is why no word has been said by the devs about FF support before this unexpected inclusion in this unexpected and appreciated easter egg? Why not just shut the door on the threads where fan boys like me where getting really pissed about the fact that FF was not in there and no word about if it would be included? Information rules...

BigPickle
04-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Microsoft Force Feedback 2

Take off

1) Stick was very limp when stationary which was Excellent
2) Stick bounced and bumped then changing into a fast rumble as speed increased which was Excellent
3) At a fast speed on the ground the rumble completely dissapeared which was not so great
4) No centrifugal forces effecting the stick in flight at all
5) Stick bufferted very violently randomly
6) Stick continued to rumble when weapons were empty
7) FFB doesnt seem to work in MP, especialy on German aircraft

All in all FFB is a great start and no doubt when refined it will be excellent

mugen
04-23-2011, 12:08 PM
At first, thanks to the devs for putting ffb in the game. Most forces are very well done espacially the sringeffect is very good, imo. Not so the shake effect for bumpy weather. It is way to strong, imo. Same for canons.

So will we be allowd to edit ffe files without gettin banned by steam vac?

I noted that the elevator trim doesn't change stick position any more (ingame cockpit). Will this get fixed in the public patch and if so will the elevator trim change stick position of my ffb stick like in RL?

thx

mugen

Extreme_One
04-23-2011, 12:12 PM
.. the shake effect for bumpy weather. It is way to strong, imo. ...

Agreed. This effect needs to be lessened imo.

Eldur
04-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Just posting this again, as I feel it's appropriate to post this here.

Force Feedback is excellent, but: when you run out of ammo, the stick still shakes when pressing cannon/mg buttons. should be a quick fix ;)

Haven't noticed that, but I haven't run OOA yet.

One note, FFB takes a little while to affect the stick after launching into a mission there is some delay before it kicks in.

Yes, it even disappeared after a while and came back later on. Had this several times.

I also tried to "tweak" the effects like I did in Il-2 by just removing all files except shake and spring.ffe (parts\core\FF folder) and it had no effect at all. Seems all shaking effects rely just on the shake.ffe. Toned that one down a lot then with the ForceEditor.

Some optimizations would be nice, especially the elevator pressure depending on speed and thrust, like it's done in Rise of Flight (reving up the engine on the ground stiffens the elevator without affecting the ailerons).

But again, thanks! CoD is getting better every week, I like those "friday development updates" :D

PS: Had an Appcrash after running down some Defiants after a while. Never flew for so long because of the performance but I've read about crashes already and I hope they'll get sorted out soon. It's like a miracle to be actually able to fly and do something with a below-specs HD3870 even at medium settings + shadows and buildings+trees very low (Black Death AVG 30fps).

ForceEdit for all who want to tone down the shake effects: http://www.file-upload.net/download-3379765/ForceEdit.zip.html
It's an official Microsoft Tool which isn't distributed by MS anymore as they dropped the whole Sidewinder series. Edit: Just noticed that this has been posted already in this topic (=fedit).

5) Stick bufferted very violently randomly

This comes from the engine when it's not 100% clean and it seems it's impossible to do so, just like 99% :D