PDA

View Full Version : Developers only support certain cards?

He111
04-23-2011, 02:26 AM
I'm hearing rumours that certain developers, not here, only support certain brands of graphics cards? ie some games work better on brand X card than Y.

is this true?

He 111.

jibo
04-23-2011, 02:31 AM
absolutely not, the team is just having a bit more difficulties with ati drivers

speculum jockey
04-23-2011, 04:28 AM
The developers will be supporting both companies. Given how small a niche market WWII Flight sims are these days it would be suicide to not support both companies equally, on all cards that are able to run the game.

Some people were saying that ATI will not be as well supported at Nvidia, but the announcement that XFire will be up and running sooner than SLI shows that they have no preference. Luthier even said that the office was split down the middle with ATI and Nvidia fans.

Get the best card you can afford. Look at some reviews and some benchmarks, ask anyone on these boards with the same or similar card how it is working for them.

He111
04-23-2011, 05:05 AM
I said "not here" .. other games, as i feel this forum is honest i was hoping for a truish answer, is it a industry wide concern? or have i been fed porkies?

He111.

jibo
04-23-2011, 05:43 AM
would be suicidal if your game is not working well on ati cards for instance you loose 30% of the market, developers are selling software not hardware
you may cut a deal to have a nice logo on the box, but it does not mean others will lack of support, pc gaming is already suffering enough to play this kind of bogus game

RocketDog
04-23-2011, 06:19 AM
The game seems to have more problems with ATi cards. I replaced my GTX285 with a Radeon 6970 and immediately noticed more artefacts. The blue lines and lack of haze on the horizon are particularly annoying. I half wish I'd bought a GTX570 instead.

Flanker35M
04-23-2011, 06:24 AM
S!

Already posted link to AMD driver feedback. But HERE IT IS (http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D27E29B0E3) for you who have problems. Complaining of artifacts etc. is useless unless you send driver team DETAILED feedback so they can work on it. My only problem are the 3 lines, but frankly do not even notice them if chasing a plane ;) With fog I have no problem.

KeBrAnTo
04-23-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm hearing rumours that certain developers, not here, only support certain brands of graphics cards? ie some games work better on brand X card than Y.

is this true?

He 111.

Probably true if you are a developer who wants your project fail and loose all the money invested on it. BS IMHO m8.

Baron
04-23-2011, 08:42 AM

is this true?

He 111.

Yes. (Not literally supports only 1 brand, but works better with one over the other)

Certain games work better with AMD and vice versa.

3DMark06 and 3DMatkVantage are good examples. Not games i know, but its an example.

Everything depends on what features a game uses, PhysX (MaffiaII) Tesselation (Call of Pripyat) etc. And then there is, of course, the games where the developer worked more closely with on brand over the other (Again 3DMark)

Thats just the way things are.