PDA

View Full Version : Warning: This game is on the edge. Support it or watch it die.

*Buzzsaw*
04-22-2011, 03:18 AM
Salute

If you haven't seen them already, the reviews in German gaming magazines, on Gamespot and PC Gamer have panned the game.

Maybe those reviews were deserved, but the fact is, if this game goes under, no one is going to suffer but us flight simmers.

All those posters on these boards who I see whining and complaining better understand something:

If this game goes under, you will have nothing to do but whine. No game, no development, NOTHING.

The only smart thing to do at this point is to support the developers, give them POSITIVE feedback on issues.

Don't harp on issues which have been mentioned a hundred times, there is no point.

Unless you WANT the game to fail.

I personally have bought a copy online, and will be buying another hard copy in the stores when it arrives.

DO NOT KID YOURSELF. THIS GAME IS ON THE EDGE.

recoilfx
04-22-2011, 03:30 AM
We simmers will suffer, and some of us do harp on the devs too much, but that doesn't hurt them, lack of sales from their unfinished game can kill the them - thats not something that we are responsible for.

Codex
04-22-2011, 03:55 AM
OMG the sky is falling, the glass is half empty ... blah blah blah. How many years have these threads been bantered around this community? 5 - 10 years?

We're still here people :P

Romanator21
04-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Famous last words...

We'll see. Hopefully all the issues will be sorted by the time of the US release. Otherwise that may be it.

*Buzzsaw*
04-22-2011, 04:08 AM
Famous last words...

We'll see. Hopefully all the issues will be sorted by the time of the US release. Otherwise that may be it.

The problem is, the reviews are already in, the gaming mags didn't wait for the US release. In fact, they may not have waited for the last patch. The public pronouncements are already in.

Hopefully they amend their reviews if future patches make a difference.

machoo
04-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Reviews are a bit pointless these days , I review through youtube . I watch videos , I read comments and go from there. Magazines would have a pretty small influence IMO , the same for online articles.

Redroach
04-22-2011, 04:37 AM
Honestly, the game is in a sad state. A few moments in CoD left room for hope, especially the beautiful graphics, but I've gotten less and less motivation to start it up,
What we've been sold here is an alpha version. It's not even beta - in beta versions, all functionality is there, though probably buggy, Alpha versions have different things missing as in "not yet implemented".
And I think just that is the case in CoD.
I wonder why things like radio functionality still haven't been fixed. If I had to, I'd probably bet that it hasn't even been implemented yet (so it's not searching for a bug to restore functionality but programming it from the ground up). From a professional developer team that charges money for their software, I pretty much expect such things to get fixed along the way.
The same goes for countless other issues - faulty FMs, very poor colliision modelling, non-functional loadout options, non-functional aircraft options (yes, I know it works in the FMB), devastating online functionality so far, weird wind modelling on the ground. Some less annoying things but still in no circumstance indicative for professionals are for example the 'nice' WIN95-style ingame menues (if at least it had been steam widgets...) or the MIDI music that plays only sometimes in the menues...
Add in to the mix the huge, HUGE step backwards in terms of immersion, compared to 1946, that I mentioned elsewhere already...How on earth could they not bother about (de-)briefing maps and infos, a really non-existant campaign functionality (different single player missions after each other, with no consequences whatsoever in between missions, no videos and so on. The 'extra' spitfire cockpit with the lady on your lap doesn't help much, to be honest...)? There's no ranks and awards and there are no dynamic campaigns, yet they called it a day and declared the thing 'gone gold'.

So yes, I'm quite disappointed by now. If things get fixed in 6 month's time, well, they better should have done that. But the damage has been done right now.
A 'proud' owner of the CoD CE.

*Buzzsaw*
04-22-2011, 04:45 AM
Honestly, the game is in a sad state. A few moments in CoD left room for hope, especially the beautiful graphics, but I've gotten less and less motivation to start it up,
What we've been sold here is an alpha version. It's not even beta - in beta versions, all functionality is there, though probably buggy, Alpha versions have different things missing as in "not yet implemented".
And I think just that is the case in CoD.
I wonder why things like radio functionality still haven't been fixed. If I had to, I'd probably bet that it hasn't even been implemented yet (so it's not searching for a bug to restore functionality but programming it from the ground up). From a professional developer team that charges money for their software, I pretty much expect such things to get fixed along the way.
The same goes for countless other issues - faulty FMs, very poor colliision modelling, non-functional loadout options, non-functional aircraft options (yes, I know it works in the FMB), devastating online functionality so far, weird wind modelling on the ground. Some less annoying things but still in no circumstance indicative for professionals are for example the 'nice' WIN95-style ingame menues (if at least it had been steam widgets...) or the MIDI music that plays only sometimes in the menues...
Add in to the mix the huge, HUGE step backwards in terms of immersion, compared to 1946, that I mentioned elsewhere already...How on earth could they not bother about (de-)briefing maps and infos, a really non-existant campaign functionality (different single player missions after each other, with no consequences whatsoever in between missions, no videos and so on. The 'extra' spitfire cockpit with the lady on your lap doesn't help much, to be honest...)? There's no ranks and awards and there are no dynamic campaigns, yet they called it a day and declared the thing 'gone gold'.

So yes, I'm quite disappointed by now. If things get fixed in 6 month's time, well, they better should have done that. But the damage has been done right now.
A 'proud' owner of the CoD CE.

Here is an example of exactly what I am talking about.

A rehash of the same old complaints... for what point?

DO YOU WANT THE GAME TO BE CANCELLED?

It seems so and you may get what you want.

baronWastelan
04-22-2011, 04:55 AM
People will be playing CloD 10+ years in the future, even if every gamer site rates it 2/10. The essential code, the part that lets you see the airplanes and scenery and sky, and renders all the effects, is solid and will be built upon for many years. The game engine will be licenced out to other mass-market FPS game shops and the royalities from those licences will give Ilya the funds to continue developing the hard core sim for us, the tiny minority of the games market, because we are so adept at making movies to showcase Maddox Games' technology which generates sales for the games based on the same engine.

Vengeanze
04-22-2011, 05:01 AM
The name Clod is fecked now. I wouldn't be surprised if 1C release a "new" kinda Forgotten Battles in 6 months or so like they did with IL-2. All functions incorporated and patched etc.

I'll support 1C and Olex and the gang whatever they do cause they gave me so much fun with the IL-2 series (especially PF).

Heliocon
04-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Salute

If you haven't seen them already, the reviews in German gaming magazines, on Gamespot and PC Gamer have panned the game.

Maybe those reviews were deserved, but the fact is, if this game goes under, no one is going to suffer but us flight simmers.

All those posters on these boards who I see whining and complaining better understand something:

If this game goes under, you will have nothing to do but whine. No game, no development, NOTHING.

The only smart thing to do at this point is to support the developers, give them POSITIVE feedback on issues.

Don't harp on issues which have been mentioned a hundred times, there is no point.

I personally have bought a copy online, and will be buying another hard copy in the stores when it arrives.

I love the counter-whinning whinning. In the end its a buisness, they fail all the time. Does that suck for flight sim fans? Yes. Does it mean we should throw money away in droves at a non functioning product that is missing important features and has obviously been mismanaged? No it doesnt.

If COD fails (I hope not, and if they improve it I will fully support it) eventually someone else will fill the niche. Even if its the WOP team or something, considering WOP looks better then COD and its running on the IL2 engine...

BP_Tailspin
04-22-2011, 05:16 AM

Your point is …

Everyone that dished out fifty bucks is suffering now …

What they understand is they bought a game that went gold when it was still in its beta stage of development …

They have spent 5 or 6 years developing it …

If they want support and “POSITIVE” feedback they need to start a FAQ “DEVELOPERS FRIDAY UPDATE THREAD” and keep there customers up-to-date …

That’s going to happen … …

Shirley, You Jest! There’s not a member here that wants that …

I canceled both my preorders, but as soon as CoD available here in the US I will buy a collectors edition and a regular copy, but not as a beta game …

Have some faith in the Oleg's Team … and try to be a bit more “POSITIVE”

Wolf_Rider
04-22-2011, 05:31 AM
I guess the upside is that pirates/ thieves will only hack into a product which won't work for them, what with updates only available through Steam and all :)

Damixu
04-22-2011, 05:53 AM
I must say at this stage:

1) We need more information about the future patches/fixes and development to assure this sim is going to stay alive and prosper

2) We need more patches/fixes to bring the sim at well performing playable level

3) We need more patches/fixes to introduce rest of the functionality what has been left out due prematurely forced release

I stress to the Luthier and co. to start urgently very frequent news delivery for the public eager to know if and when there is hope to get remedies to the plaguing issues they have and have something to look for.

In the end of the day it takes couple of minutes of effort to formulate a news for the public but makes a huge difference on this very volatile situation.

machoo
04-22-2011, 06:09 AM
I stress to the Luthier and co. to start urgently very frequent news delivery

I race online using the pay subscription 'iracing' it is the best racing simulator made. Every 12 weeks a major update is released , with road maps ect given for future updates. We all know what is coming up. The service is 10/10.

Really this is what COD needs , no a subscription based ( although that is more profitable ) but regular updates on the situation.

Doc_uk
04-22-2011, 06:39 AM
DO NOT KID YOURSELF. THIS GAME IS ON THE EDGE

This game is not on the Edge, and thats a fact

609_Huetz
04-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Sometimes I am amazed to see what people waste their time and thoughts on.

This game has received the bad reviews because it is/was in a bad state. Period.

It is up to developers to limit the damage that has already been done and they are on the way of getting that right as far as I could tell.

We have supported the devs already in buying a beta.

If however the game fails, it is not the communities fault - we are here to point out what needs fixing. In our own words that is and that is also support.

Do yourself a favor and stop the fanboism and worshiping for once - the only feedback that will help in a long term is bad feedback, as paradox as it may sound. That is how this market and any market works so live with it. If something is broken and nobody points it out, it will not get fixed.

If you feel the urge to defend a piece of software as if it was your home, I strongly advice to rethink your priorities in life.

Volture
04-22-2011, 06:50 AM
hi "buzz"....

Iam tottaly agree with all of you.....

I am supporting the devs....
i believe that is the sim of the future....

developers keep the good job....WE ARE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!

Chivas
04-22-2011, 07:09 AM
I love the counter-whinning whinning. In the end its a buisness, they fail all the time. Does that suck for flight sim fans? Yes. Does it mean we should throw money away in droves at a non functioning product that is missing important features and has obviously been mismanaged? No it doesnt.

If COD fails (I hope not, and if they improve it I will fully support it) eventually someone else will fill the niche. Even if its the WOP team or something, considering WOP looks better then COD and its running on the IL2 engine...

WOP isn't using the old IL-2 engine, it uses its own gaming and graphics engine but Gaijen did borrowed aspects of the original IL-2 FM from Oleg.

There is no one filling the niche, unless Gaijen changes direction in its next sim, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen. There is more money in doing sim light projects that require far less man hours to create. What most of us expect today out of a WW2 air combat sim is far to expensive and takes too long to create for very little profit margin. Thats why we've lost Microsoft, Micropose, Rowan etc. Hopefully Maddox Games survives or the future is very bleak for WW2 air combat simmers.

Flanker35M
04-22-2011, 07:15 AM
S!

Buzzsaw, you got valid points there. Sure the community could be a bit more contructive but that does not cover the fact that CoD was released in a state that is a bit odd. Considering 5-6 years was used to create it.

I shelled out money for CoD and sure will in future. It has the promise becoming the greatest sim. Just needs a lot of work. So as Damixu pointed out we could use "News Friday" or whatever to get a word from the man himself. No speculations after that. Something like machoo mentioned iRacing does, keeping their customers up to date regarding the game.

Patches are coming and before US release CoD will be in a much different state than now. These 3 patches have cured a lot of issues so dev team is on the right track. Now they just need a solid roadmap to follow and stick to it.

reflected
04-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Oh come on....the devs got what they deserved, didn't they?

Now here we are, a community eager to play this game as it was meant to be, and willing to support the dev team.

They MUST keep us up to date about what they're doing in order to fix this mess. THEN we'll support them.

See the example of Rise of Flight. At first it was a buggy game with not much content to offer. However the devs kept tellnig us what they're working on, what their future plan is, and kep listening to the community. Today, we have no bugs, but a fantastic simulator. With the new patch due in May we'll get a new superbly complex career mode (something we've been whining for), optional field modifications (ditto), and many many other things, that will enable RoF to raise to an unprecedented level of awesomeness.

success is spelled C.O.M.M.U.N.I.C.A.T.I.O.N. ;)

Fjordmonkey
04-22-2011, 07:18 AM
They do … they are exercising there freedom of speech rights …

Freedom of speech does not exist on a privately owned internet forum, my friend. That idea is something you can knock out of your head right away.

Their rules, their laws, and you accepted that once you agreed to the ToS/EULA for the boards. They can ban you for using the word freedom if they so choose, and there's nothing you can do about it. Hell, they don't even need a reason.

On topic: I don't think the game is going to tank at all. 1C's reputation, built through MANY years in IL2, is too good for that. To be honest, I'd be very, very suprised if we don't sit here and laugh about the launch of CLoD in 3 years time and then praise the work the team did to get it to whatever state it's in at that time. And 1C isn't going to tank due to this at all. They've got more legs to stand on, and while CLoD is a serious investment in terms of time and money for them, it's by no means their only cash-cow.

Me, I'm a patient creature. The €50 I spent on the game is well-spent money in my book, as I know the game will become better and better as each week passes. And should it not, I'll just shrug and move on. It's not the end of the world, and neither is it for anyone else.

Flanker35M
04-22-2011, 07:18 AM
S!

Communication, or lack thereof, can make a huge difference.

Chivas
04-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Sometimes I am amazed to see what people waste their time and thoughts on.

This game has received the bad reviews because it is/was in a bad state. Period.

It is up to developers to limit the damage that has already been done and they are on the way of getting that right as far as I could tell.

We have supported the devs already in buying a beta.

If however the game fails, it is not the communities fault - we are here to point out what needs fixing. In our own words that is and that is also support.

Do yourself a favor and stop the fanboism and worshiping for once - the only feedback that will help in a long term is bad feedback, as paradox as it may sound. That is how this market and any market works so live with it. If something is broken and nobody points it out, it will not get fixed.

If you feel the urge to defend a piece of software as if it was your home, I strongly advice to rethink your priorities in life.

Your right COD was release in an awful state, but fans of the sim know the history of the developer to support their product. Yes post all the constructive criticism necessary, but also try to acknowledge along the way that there is a good possibility that the sim will be fixed and features added. This could keep some potential customers interested instead of driving them away. Its in our best interest for the new IL-2 series to survive, so that it can evolve into something far greater than the original series.

O_Smiladon
04-22-2011, 07:26 AM
S!

Communication, or lack thereof, can make a huge difference.

Just keep us informed and we will be there...say nothing and its bye bye

BrassEm
04-22-2011, 07:29 AM

You Idiot!

PVT_Shepperd
04-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Just keep us informed and we will be there...say nothing and its bye bye

Yes, information even bad one would give anyone a better feeling bout the game. They did communicate but it seems that they have stopped. But maybe they are in easter holidays. I hope that they stick to the information policy they did the weaks after release.

jermin
04-22-2011, 07:39 AM
This game still needs a few years of development to be on par with DCS series (despite its outdated engine) or even modded IL2 in my opinion. IL2 took ten years to be developed into a classic flight simulator (still with quite some bugs and engine limitation). And I personally think modded IL2 still surpasses the CoD described by Oleg in all those development updates.

I think the best solution to save current situation is not continuing the development of CoD, because it is way too alpha. To develop this alpha into the ideal CoD in Oleg's mind will take too much time and money. And that's the very things the development team lack most.

However, revamping IL2 1946 will take much less time and fund. 1946 has a still very robust engine. This has been proved by the modding comunity. And i believe most 1946 players will be more than happy to purchase a polished IL2 with all old bugs and engine limitation removed and added brand new features. Actually Team Daidalos has done a very good job. They have accumulated plenty of precious experience in fixing the old bugs and adding new features.

This will get you the most money in the least time. And the players will be satisfied. With the money you get, you can continue the development of CoD without hurry.

Just my 2 cents.

BrassEm
04-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Just my 2 cents.

You just keep on with your 1846, that will keep you mighty happy.

the Dutchman
04-22-2011, 07:52 AM
I've been following the development of this sim from the beginning and i'm still reading this forum everyday but only if there are enough positive posts i'm buying it,not before.
I'm saving myself from a greater frustration,i rather read about it ,than experience it myself...
And yes the SH5 scenario is not unthinkable...

BigPickle
04-22-2011, 07:59 AM
ah well, for one its not our fault, its the fault of whom ever forced the early release.
We can have no direct effect the game speaks for itself, do you think all the reviewers read this forum? no they test then review. So untill the game improves the reviews will be bad, and when it does improve which i believe it will the trust will be won back for all the people that feel they have been told untruths about what this game contains, check the digital sites right now and tell me why they "removals" from the game are still listed as in the game. That is just asking for it surely?

This type of thread is really boring tbh, it doesnt even promote honest discussion, you want honesty? how about this release was to generate funds to make the full game next time, i've heard that a few times here and that seems to be the most logical business angle i have heard.
Not sure what i believe but all i know is times have changed since IL2 the early days and this would never have happened them.

Baron
04-22-2011, 08:08 AM

U might wanna check your eyesight, again.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/Maax1000/BF109-1.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/Maax1000/Namnls.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/Maax1000/Moth2.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/Maax1000/Moth1.jpg

Just because u repeat the same thing over and over and over again wont make it true, however much u want it to.

As far as someone else filling the gap, u really believe that, dont u?

Ltbear
04-22-2011, 08:18 AM
for me its simple. When game came out there was no way i could run it. I dont have money to buy a high end system, and what i have have worked fine, even in arma 2. I simply cant convince my self to get a game there is 70% chanse i cant run..

In the future if i can play it without being a pile of huge pixels i will give it a try. But i rather miss out on it instead of getting disapointet..

LT

iceblink_luck
04-22-2011, 08:21 AM
I supported the devs by buying the game. It is the devs that let me down - the reviews unbiasly reflect this fact

Dr_Watson
04-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Here is an example of exactly what I am talking about.

A rehash of the same old complaints... for what point?

DO YOU WANT THE GAME TO BE CANCELLED?

It seems so and you may get what you want.

It' just the truth, the game is a mess..period! Only the dev's are to blame, they took the risk of releasing it far too early and are paying the price, nobody want's it cancelled. You have to look at DCS A10, it was released in Beta state and you could buy it and give feedback to help finish it before official release. The same thing has happened here, but they just forgot to tell us it's a Beta release!

Honestly, the game is not running in full screen, nVidia nhancer/inspector can not see the game, that point itself is a joke.

It's NOTHING to do with hardware, I bought it the day it came out, my 2600k overlocked just fell on it's ar$$. Under 10FPS and massive pauses, blocky graphice, I think FS 5.1 looks better.

kimosabi
04-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Whoever mentions WoP again deserves ten lashes at dawn.

Baron
04-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Whoever mentions WoP again deserves ten lashes at dawn.

U have to understand, some flight simmers prefer NOT being able to see the horizon. I mean, whats it doing there anyways, its not like i need it or anything. ;)

Ctrl E
04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
this thread is getting nuts.

Wolf_Rider
04-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Honestly, the game is not running in full screen, nVidia nhancer/inspector can not see the game, that point itself is a joke.

My AV reports the sim enters full screen mode.. so now I'm all confused

nuts? yeah...
perhaps a passing mod could deem this thread a waste of bandwidth and close it?

Steuben
04-22-2011, 09:17 AM
From what i know now (i have no proof for this, i only heard it) it was 1C Softclub that wanted to cancel the whole project. It was Ubi that forced them to continue! So it is not ubis fault what happened. And if iam correct this puts the fact that Oleg has left the building in a whole new light.

But i think ubi sees their balance sheet and will try to get the game to status, that it can be released in the states.

After that i highly doubt, that there will be any kind of support for this game. If not a miracle happens. It really depends on the sales in USA i think.

So everything lies now on Luthiers shoulders and he needs every support we can give him.

mazex
04-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Salute

+1!

Tvrdi
04-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Well I already bought the game...and reported many bugs and not working things...and still Im waiting to play this sim without probs...so, what else I can do....get naked?

Fjordmonkey
04-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Well I already bought the game...and reported many bugs and not working things...and still Im waiting to play this sim without probs...so, what else I can do....get naked?

Always an option!

Then again...screenshot or it didn't happen :P

Pluto
04-22-2011, 09:38 AM
The name Clod is fecked now. I wouldn't be surprised if 1C release a "new" kinda Forgotten Battles in 6 months or so like they did with IL-2. All functions incorporated and patched etc.

I'll support 1C and Olex and the gang whatever they do cause they gave me so much fun with the IL-2 series (especially PF).

... yes the old IL2 was much fun the last 10 years, and so will be this new one in future I hope.
The only mistake they (whoever "they" are? Ubiubiubi...?:mrgreen:) have made with IL2-CoD, they have released the sim much too early!

But since the launch of gaming consoles (playstation etc.,....) the sloppiness has started. Most of the console games are "work in progress" when they are released and so this crap started and went on "infecting" pc games as well, you can guess by my words, I hate gaming consoles!
:evil:
Be patient (not like me :twisted:), this will be a great flightsim, it only needs more time.
:)

Ibis
04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:

It's NOTHING to do with hardware, I bought it the day it came out, my 2600k overlocked just fell on it's ar$$. Under 10FPS and massive pauses, blocky graphice, I think FS 5.1 looks better.
------------------------------------------------------

If it fell on its ar$$ it must be something you've done or haven't done or your graphic card is crap.
I am running that cpu with a 5780 with all on high, except grass off, ssaa off, roads off and it runs just fine, looks great and with hardly a stutter.
You need to look at your hardware especially memory. to say it has nothing to do with hardware is just not right.

Granted it will run better once more patches are out. Yes it's a disappointment but one thing is certain the gnashing of teeth, crying and denigrating the sim will only do great harm to the only genuine hard core WW2
game on the market.
cheers, I'm off to enjoy a sortie over France.

Kurfurst
04-22-2011, 09:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIRb8TigJ28

Sternjaeger II
04-22-2011, 09:53 AM
we know that by nature simulators are a niche product, but surely such low reviews don't help.

Objectively the sim was released for sale in a late beta stage, and whilst being playable, it shows signs of incompleteness that could put off the average player.

Apart for flight model alleged inaccuracies, things like faulty damage model, bad performance and beta sounds are surely not a good thing.

Let's not forget that this (BoB) actually is a niche product within a niche product, and while for us it's a milestone in the sim world which is just the beginning of a new era, it might take some time for the rest of the world to fully appreciate it, and in my humble opinion this depends again on the lack of efficient PR from Maddox games. All the game houses out there have learned the importance of effective PR, while Maddox keeps on playing this KGB game that surely doesn't help with making their new product popular, esp in a world where players have a very low attention span..

Having said this, i think that as long as Maddox is funded I don't see a dark future, so I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's on the edge.

EDIT:
It is also true though that the evolution of a simulator is different than other games, but again it would help if Maddox Games gave a clear direction for the years ahead, too many "maybe" and "can't tell".

HFC_Dolphin
04-22-2011, 10:03 AM
This is getting boring.
No one can blame people who report their problems and their frustration on their Clod experience.
WTF, do you think that people have nothing better to do than attacking the combat flight sim they've been waiting for so many years?
I've been privately discussing this game with Oleg for more than 5 years. I've been sending him suggestions and have this game on my mind all this time and what do you think now? Do you think that suddenly I changed my mind and said to myself "let's attack the project that was on my mind for so many years"?
Do you think that in such a difficult financial time for my country and myself, I spent almost 1.500 euros for new pc/hotas/software for this game and only this, and then got nuts and started attacking it?
Some must be an idiot to believe this.

And I'm not talking about myself, since I've only made some mild critic on the game, but for those who have done the worse attacks on the game and devs, and I say that they deserve to be heard. WTF, this is not a religion where a God comes and the rest bend. Everyone who wants has the right to speak himself and in the end only the facts will prove him right or wrong. Stop attacking people of the community for the way they communicate their message and focus on their message and this is obvious that it is right. The game is not what we all expected. It will be the best combat flight sim and I'm sure of it, but this doesn't mean that in the progress of getting there people are not entitled to criticize it.

We all have to act according to our position. We, the clients, should point out the problems and staying here is the proof of our support.
WTF, we bought the game, we're here discussing it every day, we spent a lot of money to make it work; what more can we do?
Developers should read problems and fix them and keep in mind that as long as they're spending their time on improving the game, in the end they will have the most satisfied audience, exactly as they did have it with IL-2. And in the end, unlike games with maximum lifespan (and economic performance) of one year, this game will be the developer's Purple Cow that will feed them for many-many years to come.
When Crysis and Metro will be a fade memory, this new IL-2 generation will still have thousands of people playing it and spending money in it.
Don't anyone forget this and let's all do our best about it. Others pointing out the problems and others fixing them. Each to his own duty.

Tvrdi
04-22-2011, 10:07 AM
This is getting boring.
No one can blame people who report their problems and their frustration on their Clod experience.
WTF, do you think that people have nothing better to do than attacking the combat flight sim they've been waiting for so many years?
I've been privately discussing this game with Oleg for more than 5 years. I've been sending him suggestions and have this game on my mind all this time and what do you think now? Do you think that suddenly I changed my mind and said to myself "let's attack the project that was on my mind for so many years"?
Do you think that in such a difficult financial time for my country and myself, I spent almost 1.500 euros for new pc/hotas/software for this game and only this, and then got nuts and started attacking it?
Some must be an idiot to believe this.

And I'm not talking about myself, since I've only made some mild critic on the game, but for those who have done the worse attacks on the game and devs, and I say that they deserve to be heard. WTF, this is not a religion where a God comes and the rest bend. Everyone who wants has the right to speak himself and in the end only the facts will prove him right or wrong. Stop attacking people of the community for the way they communicate their message and focus on their message and this is obvious that it is right. The game is not what we all expected. It will be the best combat flight sim and I'm sure of it, but this doesn't mean that in the progress of getting there people are not entitled to criticize it.

We all have to act according to our position. We, the clients, should point out the problems and staying here is the proof of our support.
WTF, we bought the game, we're here discussing it every day, we spent a lot of money to make it work; what more can we dot?
Developers should read problems and fix them and keep in mind that as long as they're spending their time on improving the game, in the end they will have the most satisfied audience, exactly as they did have it with IL-2. And in the end, unlike games with maximum lifespan (and economic performance) of one year, this game will be the developer's Purple Cow that will feed them for many-many years to come.
When Crysis and Metro will be a fade memory, this new IL-2 generation will still have thousands of people playing it and spending money in it.
Don't anyone forget this and let's all do our best about it. Others pointing out the problems and others fixing them. Each to his own duty.

well said mate...If I dont care I would trash this sim and never look back....

Wolf_Rider
04-22-2011, 10:19 AM
saved by the post

norulz
04-22-2011, 10:35 AM
remember the prime directive.

if this game is going to die in its infancy would bring a good experience with it. Next time devs that would want to try it would either not (which will spare us of the wait and hopes) or they will succeed better.

evolution is everywhere... no need for help from us. This is just a game not a human being.

the Dutchman
04-22-2011, 10:53 AM
CoD needs a patch that will stop all these discussions,and i'm afraid that's out of reach for the dev's...:(

Strike
04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Actually we can pretty much think that when IL-2 Sturmovik was released back in 2000-and-none it probably received some pepper. I also strangely read a review stating that forests and buildings were causes of major FPS drops if you didn't tinker with the game settings correctly. This was 2001!

I am actually more interested in Il-2 CloD as a game-engine rather than a Battle of Britain sim. The potential that lies within here just needs some proper management and someone to point out the course for them. I honestly think that Oleg would be the right guy for it (knows the team, their history and what can and cannot be accomplished). I hope he is still there as a consultor, helping them out on occasion.

Either way, I'm in for the long run!

Rattlehead
04-22-2011, 11:16 AM
I think the way forward for developers in the sim genre is DLC. Pretty much everyone is shifting to DLC for extra income, and in a niche genre like this to me it's the only way to generate additional income for development.

Were it up to me, I'd have released maybe four or five aircraft for CoD, and made the rest all DLC. I'm surprised the devs didn't go this route to be honest.

After all, gamers who can throw a hill of money at a gaming rig and flight control system surely can afford a few bucks for that shiny new Spitfire mk. 2A?

2033cyborg
04-22-2011, 11:31 AM
this thread is just a lot of bull!...

i supported the game already by buying it pre release doing so i gave it my fullest support what more do i have to do? buy it a second time!...
if the game dies it is because it wasn't ready and should not have been release in it's first state... and i am not responsible for it talk to Oleg and the rest of the crew....

And yes you can ban me from the forum if you want but i cannot take anymore shitty thread like this one!!!

Ali Fish
04-22-2011, 11:42 AM
theres only 1 problem here, Ubisoft. Sadly its too late to wind the clock back.

Devastator
04-22-2011, 12:01 PM
I buy games since 1985, developers come and go like Jane´s, Microprose etc.
And you know what, there are still great sims around.
If developers wanna dig their own graves with half baked games it´s their choice not mine.

Maddox games is not holy, it´s just one of the many and many will follow.

BigPickle
04-22-2011, 12:04 PM
I think the way forward for developers in the sim genre is DLC. Pretty much everyone is shifting to DLC for extra income, and in a niche genre like this to me it's the only way to generate additional income for development.

Were it up to me, I'd have released maybe four or five aircraft for CoD, and made the rest all DLC. I'm surprised the devs didn't go this route to be honest.

After all, gamers who can throw a hill of money at a gaming rig and flight control system surely can afford a few bucks for that shiny new Spitfire mk. 2A?

Are you freakin nuts? Just as well your not running this boat :-P
Do you think DLC would boost there opinions right now? Or most people would actually want to buy more broken products?
Its people planting ideas like this that incourage pulishers to pull this sort of crap in the first place.
I think they have bigger fish to fry my friend like making the game run on all spec platforms. I'm no economist but im sure DLC is the last thing on their mind, pulling back this game and its community is their number one priority said by Luither himself.
DLC comes in time when the game is stable.

col123
04-22-2011, 12:04 PM
theres only 1 problem here, Ubisoft. Sadly its too late to wind the clock back.

Make no mistake my friend..the problems were not caused by Ubisoft!...and the clock had been ticking for over 6 years!..how much time do you need to wind back!...the underlying issues behind the development and release of CLOD run very deep and I along with others here suspect does not make for comfortable reading!...as most of us can see with some clarity the underlying issues with CLOD's painful gestation and premature birth are somewhat bewildering and confusing to say the least!...

pandaa109
04-22-2011, 12:09 PM
I think he was suggesting that if they had gone this route from the start they could have used their limited resources more effectively.

Perhaps this would have let them get the core game up to scratch with just a few flyable aircraft then churn content out in stages rather than trying to create a game that does everything on a shoe string budget.

I think they've had too many plates in the air and we are seeing the result

Rattlehead
04-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Are you freakin nuts? Just as well your not running this boat :-P
Do you think DLC would boost there opinions right now? Or most people would actually want to buy more broken products?
Its people planting ideas like this that incourage pulishers to pull this sort of crap in the first place.
I think they have bigger fish to fry my friend like making the game run on all spec platforms. I'm no economist but im sure DLC is the last thing on their mind, pulling back this game and its community is their number one priority said by Luither himself.
DLC comes in time when the game is stable.

Easy tiger.

I meant when the sim is up to scratch. Obviously not now.

Rattlehead
04-22-2011, 12:16 PM
I think he was suggesting that if they had gone this route from the start they could have used their limited resources more effectively.

Perhaps this would have let them get the core game up to scratch with just a few flyable aircraft then churn content out in stages rather than trying to create a game that does everything on a shoe string budget.

I think they've had too many plates in the air and we are seeing the result

Well, what I meant is get the game up and running fully optimized and functional, and then slowly add DLC to fund development for future features that were hinted at in the other thread.
It would also aid in the development of expansion packs etc.

Ali Fish
04-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Make no mistake my friend..the problems were not caused by Ubisoft!...and the clock had been ticking for over 6 years!..how much time do you need to wind back!...the underlying issues behind the development and release of CLOD run very deep and I along with others here suspect does not make for comfortable reading!...as most of us can see with some clarity the underlying issues with CLOD's painful gestation and premature birth are somewhat bewildering and confusing to say the least!...

Ofcourse 1C are at fault. But Ubisoft are to blame. They dont care about anything other than there financial might. what they decide as the owners of the intelectual property and name of IL2 sturmovik is what goes. there is no democracy, not even for the developers. why the hexck you think Oleg left. please.

Reckon they were happy with adding an epilpsy filter at ubisofts request?

Reckon there happy and jumping with glee that Oleg maddox has temporarily gone elsewhere. Do you really think he will be back in the same circumstances that caused him to up and leave ??.... Whilst the rest of the team are more than competent to complete the project. THE BLOODY LEAD DEVELOPER LEFT. whats so hard to understand about that. tell me what ? coz its as sure as the sky is above me. plainly written by the man himself.

Personally im quite angry with him that he left. his team are left with this. poor guys. Having to take this shit from me and the next guy. There is not one single user or developer or forum admin here that is Wholely sattisfied with this debacle.Yet ubsoft sit back and protect there own interests. FU$%^ng BASTEREDS they are ! They themselves could be giving a helping hand other than smearing it with whats in there other hand. i only say this because they do sweet FA to help. Iam also convinced that they are quite happy to lay waste to long term gaming franchises, to make way for there new console crap. I just see a direct mirror of what happened with the silent hunter series and there developers.

COMON GUYS WAKE UP !.

any developers seeking a career where ubsoft is concerned. You wont have me financing your misplaced loyalties. This has literally been the last time i have anything to do with them or anyone associated. Besides nobody needs ubisoft "NOBODY". plenty of other options. i would have been more happy playing a new titled game, a new titled IP in 5 years from now than any of whats happened in the last month.

cre8tive Delay
04-22-2011, 12:23 PM
People will be playing CloD 10+ years in the future...

Sure. your new lcd TV will be lasting for 10+ years at least. Just like the old tube tv did, right?
Face it guys. The times of long lasting stuff has gone with il1946.

Some opposition just needs to detect that CloD won't recover from it's fail and hit the market with a serious ww2 sim. Let's say within 3 years and the time of il2 is counted. I really hope that there come other devolpers with ww2 sims, because competition prevents projects from failing on cost of the community.

I don't have any reason to fire the sim up anymore. with the latest patch, fps got worse for me. it was better with nossao and lowtex mods. now these don't work anymore. But without anything motivating about this sim, even 100+ fps wouldn't make me start it up. There is nothing. low quality quickmissions and a buggy wannabe-scriptmissioncarreer is not worth my time. For my pure simming needs, I can fire up FSX as well.

I don't want this game or the genre to die, but I can make clear what I dislike. I'm not going to lie at myself nor anyone else about this sim.
It's in the state it is. I'm grown up and have my point. I'm not complaining or whining. I'm pointing out the truth.

BP_Tailspin
04-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Freedom of speech does not exist on a privately owned internet forum, my friend. That idea is something you can knock out of your head right away.

Their rules, their laws, and you accepted that once you agreed to the ToS/EULA for the boards. They can ban you for using the word freedom if they so choose, and there's nothing you can do about it. Hell, they don't even need a reason.

I think you misunderstand the degree of professionalism of Oleg and his Team; no one needs to worry about being banned for voicing their opinions about a game they just paid their hard earned money for. They love the game or they would not be here voicing their opinions.

I guess I hit a nerve with the word “Freedom” and for you my friend, I have updated my post …

BigPickle
04-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Easy tiger.

I meant when the sim is up to scratch. Obviously not now.

Oops sorry yeah read that back to muyself after seeing your reply and it did sound like i had my ass in my hand sorry wasnt ment to sound that way, was typed with a smile. :oops:

BadAim
04-22-2011, 12:42 PM
I couldn't be bothered to read this whole thread so I don't know if anyone made this point, but I'll make it any way;

I'm sure that most of the hardcore flight sim fans will be buying CloD no matter what (or already have), and those who think that WOP is a flight sim will buy CloD as soon as a few good reviews come out.

The vast legions of kiddie box players probably won't buy it anyway, so who cares.

Those who have already bought it and spend their time moaning about all the money they spent on this lousy game instead of working with the developers and the rest of the community to fix it have their own reward.

While I'd like to be able to get at the few things that are interesting in this forum without wading through all of the whining drivel, in the end what anyone else thinks of CloD doesn't effect how much I'm enjoying it.

Get on board or don't. It probably won't actually matter in the end, either way.

mazex
04-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Sure. your new lcd TV will be lasting for 10+ years at least. Just like the old tube tv did, right?
Face it guys. The times of long lasting stuff has gone with il1946.

Some opposition just needs to detect that CloD won't recover from it's fail and hit the market with a serious ww2 sim. Let's say within 3 years and the time of il2 is counted. I really hope that there come other devolpers with ww2 sims, because competition prevents projects from failing on cost of the community.

I don't have any reason to fire the sim up anymore. with the latest patch, fps got worse for me. it was better with nossao and lowtex mods. now these don't work anymore. But without anything motivating about this sim, even 100+ fps wouldn't make me start it up. There is nothing. low quality quickmissions and a buggy wannabe-scriptmissioncarreer is not worth my time. For my pure simming needs, I can fire up FSX as well.

I don't want this game or the genre to die, but I can make clear what I dislike. I'm not going to lie at myself nor anyone else about this sim.
It's in the state it is. I'm grown up and have my point. I'm not complaining or whining. I'm pointing out the truth.

The truth? This is the most negative crap I've read in a long time. Why are you here then? Spare us your negative view of the world and go play FSX?

Flashman
04-22-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIRb8TigJ28

'there shall in that time be rumours of things going astray....and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are'

Lol, I think Kurfurst has finally given this thread the gravitas it truly deserves

Sven
04-22-2011, 12:56 PM
I've been wanting to make the very same topic for a while now and I fully agree with the OP, if we do not support it, than the future of 1C's WW2 combat flight sims ends here.

It doesn't sound pretty, and I wish it would've turned out better but this is I believe the only way to go now. It's the developers to blame and their publisher(s) and all that but eventually we are hurting ourselves as well.

We've all seen what the devs have done so far since the release, I see that as an apology to all those who currently have trouble with the game, although the apology is not complete I've accepted it with open hands and for me it worked out well.

I probably sound like what some like to call a "fanboi(y?)" but hell Id rather be one than letting this sim down.

Sven

JG53Frankyboy
04-22-2011, 01:13 PM
i have already supported this software by buying a CE and a Standard version - thats over 100€ ....and didnt gave them back !!

When some people are thinking one is not "allowed" to criticese,and it deserves it (even the developers know, otherwise there would be no need for these desired patches :D ), this software im realy wondering how the 'free' world has developed....

And if the developing team is "dying" after this work....it would be a pitty, true, but not disastrous IMHO . As a 100% online combatflightsim player i personaly still enjoy IL2 ,developed by TeamDaidalos, IL2"Moded" and Rise of Flight !

David Hayward
04-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Even if its the WOP team or something, considering WOP looks better then COD and its running on the IL2 engine...

Maybe in some alternative universe WoP looks better, but not here on Earth. I already removed WoP from my hard drive. It looks like crap.

recoilfx
04-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Maybe in some alternative universe WoP looks better, but not here on Earth. I already removed WoP from my hard drive. It looks like crap.

Heliocon, I have to agree with David here. CloD looks much better when it's in motion. I thought CloD looked bad from screenshots - but when I finally got the game and flew around, I came to appreciate the details.

It definitely has its rough spots, but when in motion, I'd rate CloD over WoP. That is not to say WoP is bad, it's very good, I just wish that CloD would have the same amount of polish.

Ali Fish
04-22-2011, 01:36 PM
I probably sound like what some like to call a "fanboi(y?)" but hell Id rather be one than letting this sim down.

Sven

that is a very important comment.

i cant bring myself to be that supportive fanboy. because to support this you cant sit back and see what happens or is that infact what supporting means. . but iam afraid that is all we can do for many different reasons including not getting on peoples nerves at this forum. and well im not a fanboy. Or am i ? im not sure anymore. and im not perfectly content enough to get anywhere near supportive. so... this post is now irelevant isnt it ?

my support comes in the form of my quietness now in the belief that there is nothing i can do to make this outcome positive other than pay more money out to people like ubisoft. im happy for it to go directly to 1C btw.

what support can we possibly give out of interest because game review sites dont take into account fanboyism really. yet the scores are in low low figures. Its not us that has to support this over than buying it. Its 1C and Ubisoft. the ball is in there court. whilst 1 of thee parties will do the work the other wont. simple as that.

Are ubisoft running around generating support for 1C ? shed some light 1C developers. what are ubisoft exactly doing for you other than getting in the way at every junction ?

AWL_Spinner
04-22-2011, 01:38 PM

This is very true, in a way the specificality of the CloD name may be a good thing as the "next" expansion will clearly be called something else as it won't be over Dover, and is unlikely to have any Cliffs in it.

Brand recognition, etc., maybe the reviews for Sands of Malta will be 8s and 9s rather than 3s and 4s.

One lives in hope.

Positronic
04-22-2011, 01:41 PM
I bought the game on the euro release day. I don't think anyone from gamespot actually read the gamespot review, as I hang out on the pc forums there and made a post about it just to make people aware they reviewed an unpatched version. The sim forums seem to be the only ones fixated on the gamespot review.

No regrets here, though I still don't think the game is in a state that should be released.

David Hayward
04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
It definitely has its rough spots, but when in motion, I'd rate CloD over WoP. That is not to say WoP is bad, it's very good, I just wish that CloD would have the same amount of polish.

I was playing WoP's version of a quick mission on the Med map when the enemy aircraft flew off the edge of the map. The game stopped and we were placed back on the map. The enemy flew off the edge again. I let this happen one more time before I exited from the game and removed it from my PC. It's going to take a lot more polish to fix problems like that.

Ali Fish
04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Cut your losses 1C ,re-brand your own work. Loose ubisoft , Attract outside investment. GET OLEG BACK FFS !, Take Genuine ownership. drive the vehicle forward. make it happen. Take a leaf out of Eagle dynamics pages and approach to this realm if possible.

Myself and others will be waiting. and a damn sight more patiently and understanding too.

Oldschool61
04-22-2011, 01:50 PM
I'll buy CloD when its on store shelves in the USA. Till then I'll just keep following the forum....

HFC_Dolphin
04-22-2011, 01:54 PM
By the way, do you actually believe that hardcore members of ths community, who raise their objections here, are doing the same in generic gaming forums?
For all that's worth, I (and I think all of us) am defending 1000% the game in all other forums.
We know all the legitimate excuses and can handle them better than any fanboy of this forum, but this doesn't mean that we're gonna fool our selves here, cause we actually love this game more than idiots who will accept half of a product instead of the whole potential that lies just in front of our eyes.

Simple translation of above statement for those having mind problems: if devs stick to fanboys' posts, they better get ready for the death of their game, cause these posts will force them to believe that they're "there". And when these fanboys return to their pacman or some heretic religion against free-speech, devs will turn back to their real supporters and ask "what the heck did we do wrong?" and they will get the simple reply "we were telling you all this time and you only thought that we were rude".

Ali Fish
04-22-2011, 02:11 PM
I'll buy CloD when its on store shelves in the USA. Till then I'll just keep following the forum....

this is awefull. all our rants and these guys have not even bought in. whose fault is that ? Stupidly dangerous it all has become.

David Hayward
04-22-2011, 02:16 PM
devs will turn back to their real supporters and ask "what the heck did we do wrong?" and they will get the simple reply "we were telling you all this time and you only thought that we were rude".

Has anyone from a PC game project ever actually asked your input on where they went wrong?

bkdamon
04-22-2011, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc00r3y8HT0&feature=related

To me, this pretty much sums up some of the reactions seen on this subject.

Les
04-22-2011, 02:33 PM
This all reminds me of that saying about people getting the leaders or politicians they deserve.

If there are things 'wrong' with the sim, they're matched by the things that are 'wrong' with the community itself.

I'm waiting and looking forward to the sim getting patched up to a better level, not just so I can enjoy the sim itself more, but because the better it gets the less utter s*** I'll have to trawl through on the forums when I come here looking for useful information.

This may be one of the worst initial releases in flight sim history, but it is without a doubt the worst display of behaviour from a flight sim community I've ever seen. And that's after having moderators working overtime to delete and ban posts and users that I've thankfully never even had to see.

There are a lot of people here who should just quietly uninstall the sim and go do something else with their time. But knowing they won't, it's up to me to bite my own tongue and just put up with it. Which is what I usually do, even though it's like searching through a mansion for something, and in every room there are these miserable creatures telling me how much they don't like this or that, while threatening to hold their breath and stamping their feet until they get what they want.

You know what, I really don't give a f*** what you want. And your sense of entitlement is just mind-boggling, as mind-boggling as the delusions of granduer that allow you to claim to know exactly what's wrong with the sim, what went wrong with, and how it should be 'fixed'. How is it we're not up to our necks in combat flight sims with all these f****** experts populating the scene?

Do you really think the developers, or anyone else, needs to be told what's missing from or buggy about the sim at the moment? Do you really think the dev's haven't got a list a mile long of things to do? Just shut up and let them get on with it. Notify them of any bugs you find that you think they might not already know about and then shut the f*** up about it.

And for f***'s sake stop trying to pass off the satisfaction of your selfish wants as something essential for the success of the sim. The developers don't need to tell you anything.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing they can possibly say or do that will stop people from complaining, about what they're told or not told, or about what is or isn't, or is or isn't going to be, included in the sim. Get real. Anything they say will just be twisted and used against them, straight away or at some future date.

*If you can currently play the game or use the sim to your satisfaction, then do so, and use these forums as a place for discussions related to that.

*If you can't currently play the game or use the sim to your satisfaction and need help with it, then use these forums to get help in doing so.

*If you can't currently play the game or use the sim to your satisfaction because of bugs or missing features, then use the appropriate section of the forums to matter-of-factly state what's missing or what the bug is, and wait patiently for it to be fixed or included.

*If you can't currently play the game or use the sim to your satisfaction because of bugs or missing features and can't wait patiently for them to be fixed or included, then uninstall the game and go do something else.

*If you can't currently play the game or use the sim to your satisfaction because of bugs or missing features and can't wait patiently for them to be fixed, and insist on using these forums as a venue for your frustration or disappointment, then you're just another f****** troll, no matter how nicely you present yourself.

It's been about three weeks since the non-Russian version of the game was released. If their past history and what the dev's themselves have said is anything to go by, the new IL-2 series will continue to get patched and added to for the duration of it's life, so you'd better get used to it. There was stuff in the old series that was never changed, despite years of community discussion and debate about it. If you think everything you could possible want to happen with this series is going to happen, think again. Get your own house in order, look at your own priorities and expectations and wants before you start making demands of others.

The new series will rise or fall on it's own merits. The doubters and haters will always be buzzing around looking for the s*** bits, and if the sim looks to be faltering they'll turn up en masse like they have over the last few weeks. But as the game gets cleaned up the pests will slowly move on, as they have been doing since the last patch, replaced by people who are actually using the game and finding ways to enjoy it.

In terms of reviews. Assuming they're still objective enough to point out the good with the bad and aren't just writing outright biased crap, reviewers have to be honest with their readers, at least to the extent that they have to be in order to cover their own arses and not have thier readers come back at them after having been misled. So yeah, they just have to tell it the way they see it. And if they're simply incapable of seeing the aspects of the sim that some of us can see, and which make it worthwhile even in its current state, well then their readers (the ones that blindly follow reviews anyway) probably can't see those aspects either, and it's probably just as well that they get turned away from it. If they're not interested enough in it to find the good bits that are already there, they're probably not going to be interested enough in it to learn all the things they'd need to learn in order to make the most of it in the long run either. That's assuming too we're interested in having long-term users, and not just trying to dupe people into buying something we know they're not going to stick with. So, in a nutshell, the reviews don't really matter in my opinion, as long as they're being honest, and not saying there's nothing at all good about the sim. People who are actually interested will still get on board if a review mentions the game or sim has features those people are interested in, even if the review is bad overall...

In the time it's taken me to write this the thread has moved on and this all seems a bit out of context now, but this was my reaction to what I was reading a few pages back anyway. In any case, don't take it too seriously, any of it. Life's too precious to be wasting it getting upset over what adds up to nothing more than a form of entertainment for us end-users. Let the developers worry about it and decide for themselves what to do, it's their livelihoods that are at stake, not yours. You can't save them from themselves, and unless you're standing in their shoes you can't possibly know what it is they should do. You just have to trust them and hope that it works out for the best, for them as the developers, and in turn, for you as their customers.

Just a final note addressing the OP, you got your answer. Some people won't raise a finger to help, but will be more than willing to share in the rewards later, it's just a fact of life. Don't beat yourself up over it. The new series may rise up and reach it's full potential, or it may crash and burn, there's only so much any of us can do to influence that either way, and you just have to accept, while still doing your part to help it succeeed, that there are others who won't.

kimosabi
04-22-2011, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw

Kano_Magnus
04-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't understand why this community finds it so hard to accept that people are angry about being sold an unfinished game (without warning) at full price, especially as digital customers can't take their copy back to the shop. If the developers wanted us to be playtesters then perhaps they should have organised a scheme where people could have volunteered rather than be charged £/€/$40 for the privilege. As a Steam customer I have no choice but to stick with the game; that said I doubt I shall be buying any games released by 1C/Ubisoft in the foreseeable future.

smink1701
04-22-2011, 03:03 PM
OK, OK, OK...I've read enough.

The good news. The COD community is very passionate about their sim.

The bad news. The COD community is very passionate about their sim.

The real news. A MAJOR patch will be included with the U.S. release and all the negativity will be replaced by positivity.

Everyone knows where the game is today, good points and bad. We havent been told what happened in the past to bring us to where we are today. All speculation...it's Maddox!!!, it's Ubi!!!, it's Oleg!!!, it doesnt matter.

Many things about this sim are great. Many things are broken and they are being fixed. I bought COD and enjoy it now and will enjoy it more when it's polished. The developers have said a major patch will be released in about a month so let's pop a Valium and sit tight.

David Hayward
04-22-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't understand why this community finds it so hard to accept that people are angry about being sold an unfinished game (without warning) at full price, especially as digital customers can't take their copy back to the shop.

No one finds that hard to understand. The hard part to understand is relentless whining. I didn't find a WoP board to whine on when I didn't like that game.

SEE
04-22-2011, 03:13 PM
I bought COD and enjoy it now and will enjoy it more when it's polished....

+1

...I accept that others will feel differently and repect their right to do so.

BigPickle
04-22-2011, 03:21 PM
The real news. A MAJOR patch will be included with the U.S. release and all the negativity will be replaced by positivity.

I predict the U.S patch will include, both small patches and some small bits of extra content such as a few MP maps and small fixes to FM's & DM's.

I dont know why you expect radical changes and the game to run streamlined.

The US market has been led to believe by various organisations that it has the most important system, this is not true, every release in every country is just as important as the US release.

The forum knows that the delays in release to the US market is because as quoted "the rest of the world does not have such a sue culture" not because they want to get all geared up for the major patch to boost morale, they just wanna try to provide whats actually written on the box so they dont get sued

Not having a pop by the way just saying the major patch wont be so major even if selling to the U.S

smink1701
04-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Don't believe I used the word "radical."

From Oleg..." There should be major first fixes for the microfrizes. Then in time will be big patch and as usual in the past with Il-2 series releases who still remeber it - with some new content I think. Maybe in a month or so. At least I think so."

Maybe I should have stated "BIG PATCH" vs "MAJOR." My bad:)

BigPickle
04-22-2011, 03:38 PM
LOL I'm just teasing and being a git, just saw the great news about this latest patch back in the main area, Major might be well right if they keep going as they are :)

Baron
04-22-2011, 04:00 PM
I don't understand why this community finds it so hard to accept that people are angry about being sold an unfinished game (without warning) at full price, especially as digital customers can't take their copy back to the shop. If the developers wanted us to be playtesters then perhaps they should have organised a scheme where people could have volunteered rather than be charged £/€/$40 for the privilege. As a Steam customer I have no choice but to stick with the game; that said I doubt I shall be buying any games released by 1C/Ubisoft in the foreseeable future.

Thats just it, we get it, we got it now, what, 1 gazillion times.

Give it a rest already.

Dont mean u in particular.

thesean
04-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Salute

Your right, they do deserve everything they get and the bad reviews. Some body (UBI/1C) has to learn something from this. I am fan of the IL series for ten years and I don't feel I owe them anything with this release, they have made a complete and utter balls of it. I still cant even buy a boxed copy of the game over a month after release (never mind all the problems im likely to have when I actually get to play it), no retailer even knows about it. So don't worry about bad reviews as no one can buy it anyway unless they go through steam.

It will be disappointing if this game fails, but hell, this is the best time ever for flight simmers (DCS series, Rise of Flight) so if it does go under I don't really care, there are a lot of other sims for me to play. And if it does go under they have none to blame but themselves. I'm sure 777 would be only too happy to step in and steal the WW2 sim market with a sequel to Rise Of Flight, and I would gladly support them.

Personally I don't think it will "go under" as IL has too much of an underground community to have that happen and if it does happen its beacuse 1C or UBI decide to pull support/funding. It wont be because of the flight simmers, bad reviews or forum complaints.

kimosabi
04-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I want one dollar for every repetitive argument over the unfinished game pl0x!

Srsly, it IS getting old you guys. SO if you have posted your argument in a thread, please for the sake of us old hags, limit your repetitions to 2, maybe 3. :grin:

bkdamon
04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
I want one dollar for every repetitive argument over the unfinished game pl0x!

Srsly, it IS getting old you guys. SO if you have posted your argument in a thread, please for the sake of us old hags, limit your repetitions to 2, maybe 3. :grin:

+1

Les
04-22-2011, 04:31 PM

I can't speak for the community as a whole, but here are some things to consider.

When you buy a game through Steam, you should be doing so knowing you have practically no way of getting a refund, so if you're going to take that gamble (and it is always a gamble, regardless of the game and the odds that it will work out alright) you can't then turn around and complain if it doesn't work out for you, it was your choice. So if you do then complain about that aspect of it, you're probably going to piss some people off.

When you're buying a combat flight sim made by Maddox Games, you're buying something that will never be finished. It's always going to be a work in progress. Not just in terms of content, but useability. They've got about ten years worth of history with their previous IL-2 series to back this up. If you bought into the new series not knowing that, then you just didn't know what you were buying into, and complaining about it, is probably going to piss some people off.

Not even giving Maddox Games a chance to patch and improve the game and essentially crying over spilled milk by complaining about the initial release state of the game, is pointless and disrespectful and inconsiderate, and is probably going to piss some people off.

A lot of people were calling for the game to be released even when it was stated as being in beta stage. And while a lot of end-users were happy to wait for the development to take as long as it had to, someone forced it out the door before it was ready. One of the results was, some people who hadn't done their research, and who didn't know the history of the development of this and the prior series, got caught in the cross-fire, and bought something without waiting to read the reviews on it, only to find it wasn't what they thought it was going to be. Complaining about that, is probably going to piss some people off.

The game, or sim, while not complete, is currently quite playable and enjoyable for a lot of end-users. Having the game continually and relentlessly represented as a totally unplayable mess with no redeeming features, is probably going to piss some people off.

Again, I can't speak for the community, but I think everyone here understands what it's like to buy a game you can't even play or that just doesn't provide you with the kind of experience you wanted from it. It's annoying, it can make you angry.

But when two people buy the same game and one thinks it's the best thing ever and one thinks it's the worst thing ever, which person would you rather hear from? Especially on the forums for that game. Especially when you're one of the ones who thinks the game is the best thing ever, or that it could be if the developers get the opportunity to make it so. Especially when some of those doing the complaining don't even have the f***** game, and when others are stating their intention to not get it (and therefore to not support it's ongoing development) until their particular want is satisfied, while others give every indication of not being able to stop complaining regardless of what the developers do for them. I think that is what the community is having trouble accepting. Some of the forum-members are more bug-f***ed than the game. Or so it seems at times.

Most of us want the sim to succeed, and not just for purely selfish reasons. And I personally would like to see refunds freely given to all that want them, (and even to some of those who don't want them come to think of it, those who think that spending however much it was on the game entitles them to a directorship of Maddox Games, or of IL-2 development anyway), just to make them go away:grin:

No, I don't mean that. As others have stated, if the blind fanboyism ever gets to the point where legitimate complaints and concerns aren't airable here, then we'll have just gone too far the other way. I'd just rather see a bit more balanced and considered thinking here on the forums, instead of so much reactionary knee-jerk negativity. But then that's just as much about me exercising my own patience and practicing what I preach I guess, so...

JG14_Jagr
04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Everyone that dished out fifty bucks is suffering now …

Could you please describe the "Suffering" that has been caused by your spending of that $50. The $50 you apparently had no critical use for and spent on a game.. Lets at least be honest here.. "Suffering?" Come on...

ATAG_Doc
04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
I encourage everyone to purchase a second copy and "share the wealth" with a friend. Or a random person on the street. Just hand it to them and tell them it will change their lives.

Sven
04-22-2011, 04:53 PM
that is a very important comment.

i cant bring myself to be that supportive fanboy. because to support this you cant sit back and see what happens or is that infact what supporting means. . but iam afraid that is all we can do for many different reasons including not getting on peoples nerves at this forum. and well im not a fanboy. Or am i ? im not sure anymore. and im not perfectly content enough to get anywhere near supportive. so... this post is now irelevant isnt it ?

my support comes in the form of my quietness now in the belief that there is nothing i can do to make this outcome positive other than pay more money out to people like ubisoft. im happy for it to go directly to 1C btw.

what support can we possibly give out of interest because game review sites dont take into account fanboyism really. yet the scores are in low low figures. Its not us that has to support this over than buying it. Its 1C and Ubisoft. the ball is in there court. whilst 1 of thee parties will do the work the other wont. simple as that.

Are ubisoft running around generating support for 1C ? shed some light 1C developers. what are ubisoft exactly doing for you other than getting in the way at every junction ?

Support has many meanings and support knows many forms, being silent is one of them. The way I see it is: If you have bought the game then you've done your part to keep it going, if you return it to the store have you failed the series, or have the devs failed you? Both I say, returning the sim to the store isn't going to help getting a better sim either, it does leave a message that there's something wrong with the game, but I'm pretty sure that Luthier and co got that message already;)

My thoughts about Ubisoft: After so many 'false' release dates there should've been a lot of advertisement made ready, right? I don't really get it why so little advertisement and effort was put out by Ubi, or Ubisoft never saw the light in the sim in the first place, reducing their costs as much as possible and rely on the old IL2 crowd to at least cover the expenses made by the devs, and then drop the series once it's released, to get rid of it and step out of the dying flight sim market. Pure speculation, to be honest I don't think the situation is that negative, but after SH5 the thumbs down remain carved in my thoughts about Ubi.

I'm not pointing my finger, just a general message.

camel24hrs
04-22-2011, 05:10 PM
As long as there is MONEY coming in there is a future for this game. All the whining is not going to make a difference one way or the other about if this sim stays in development......MONEY...... it is all about the MONEY. That is why they released a sim that was in no way ready to fly..........MONEY. When the MONEY drys up so will the game development. So quit whining about treating the developer with kid gloves...

Zoom2136
04-22-2011, 05:42 PM
We simmers will suffer, and some of us do harp on the devs too much, but that doesn't hurt them, lack of sales from their unfinished game can kill the them - thats not something that we are responsible for.

Yeah but you will be the one bent over with your arms around your ankles... ;)

skouras
04-22-2011, 05:51 PM
i dont care about what the games sites tells
i really ENJOY the sim from the first day and every patch is like i have a new expansion:-)

BigPickle
04-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah but you will be the one bent over with your arms around your ankles... ;)

LOL we'll all be bent over if the game does flop, what a waste of money it would be. But, it wont, as i keep saying the regularity of communication is getting better, people will learn to trust again and stop the naggin.

Ali Fish
04-22-2011, 06:01 PM
When the MONEY drys up so will the game development.

and we have an unfinished released game because of what exactly ? i do not suggest anyones money has run out. but there greed sure has caused the release in the state it has. ubisoft.

ubisoft dont care, they are quite happy to lay ruin here. they seek the 1 game thats capable of generating funds in the billions. and they are more interested in producing that title over and over, year after year with no real technological advancements. Spending money in this realm is simply a futile expereince given what there aspirations are. OM didnt leave by throwing his toys out the pram. he left because of the bastereds at ubisoft laying ruin to everything he stands for and that what we appreciate so much.

Kano_Magnus
04-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Thats just it, we get it, we got it now, what, 1 gazillion times.

Apparently not.

Now Les:

you can't then turn around and complain if it doesn't work out for you

I can, and I will, especially as this is the only game I've ever had trouble with from Steam. The publishers knew the sorry state of the game and released it through channels that prevent customer returns. This is probably going to piss some people off.

If you bought into the new series not knowing that, then you just didn't know what you were buying into

I must have missed the bit on the website that says Maddox Games are allowed to release shoddy half-arsed products w/o comeback. Can you point me to the link? I mean if it doesn't exist then new customers who aren't aware of a glorious 10 year legacy of releasing broken games might be concerned. This is probably going to piss some people off.

complaining about the initial release state of the game, is pointless and disrespectful and inconsiderate, and is probably going to piss some people off.

Having a game that runs like it's on a 286 when you have a PC far in advance of recommended system specs may, just perchance, piss some people off. Rumours that the real beta testers were ignored may also lead to some people being pissed off. Gaming is a business, Maddox Games are not personal friends and have wittingly or unwittingly pulled a bait-and-switch on their loyal customers. I think this may count as 'disrespectful', possibly even 'inconsiderate'. When the bad reviews and bad rep spread over the internet it may even fall into the category of 'pointless'.

Having the game continually and relentlessly represented as a totally unplayable mess with no redeeming features, is probably going to piss some people off.

There seems to be a not insignificant number of people who share that experience, and swatting their concerns away with some blithe BS about how some other game from a million years ago needed a patch too is probably going to piss those people off.

when two people buy the same game and one thinks it's the best thing ever and one thinks it's the worst thing ever, which person would you rather hear from?

The latter, they're probably nearer the mark and in this case are proving helpful to a lot of people who've spared themselves the bother of fighting Oleg's army of fawning morons...

Spike
04-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Salute

What a goofball.

Ali Fish
04-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Its upto the devs to take from this thread what they want. i believe they know were not stupid by now. and that we are all aware of the problems. this is not 1C's fault folks. when you read comments that ubsioft brought this to our software and killed it and theres nothing we can do about it. it should tell you who is at fault here. its honestly not 1C , as luthier has said today hes running around with his hair on fire. i feel for them at 1C i really do my heart goes out to them.

BigPickle
04-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Apparently not.

Now Les:

I can, and I will, especially as this is the only game I've ever had trouble with from Steam. The publishers knew the sorry state of the game and released it through channels that prevent customer returns. This is probably going to piss some people off.

I must have missed the bit on the website that says Maddox Games are allowed to release shoddy half-arsed products w/o comeback. Can you point me to the link? I mean if it doesn't exist then new customers who aren't aware of a glorious 10 year legacy of releasing broken games might be concerned. This is probably going to piss some people off.

Having a game that runs like it's on a 286 when you have a PC far in advance of recommended system specs may, just perchance, piss some people off. Rumours that the real beta testers were ignored may also lead to some people being pissed off. Gaming is a business, Maddox Games are not personal friends and have wittingly or unwittingly pulled a bait-and-switch on their loyal customers. I think this may count as 'disrespectful', possibly even 'inconsiderate'. When the bad reviews and bad rep spread over the internet it may even fall into the category of 'pointless'.

There seems to be a not insignificant number of people who share that experience, and swatting their concerns away with some blithe BS about how some other game from a million years ago needed a patch too is probably going to piss those people off.

The latter, they're probably nearer the mark and in this case are proving helpful to a lot of people who've spared themselves the bother of fighting Oleg's army of fawning morons...

Epic, harsh, but Epic :-P

David Hayward
04-22-2011, 06:54 PM

I've read a lot of the bitching whine-fests, and they don't seem to be very helpful. The game clearly has some problems. I get it. But, someone whining about how poorly coded it is does not seem particularly helpful to me. How does it help you?

Strike
04-22-2011, 07:03 PM
hey, another patch is coming up!

Cheers!

jt_medina
04-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Yes, absolutely this sim is doomed...:mrgreen:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21944
We are working our butts off trying to get a beta patch done for right now, which may still happen - stay tuned. In the worst case, this might be Monday. However we'll do everything we can to roll it out in 3-4 hours.

Stuff in this patch:

1. Major changes to online code, statistics, stability, etc.

2. More performance increases, including streamlined block loading that lets you switch between planes over England and France instantaneously (then watch the landscape underneath load in).

3. Force feedback.

4. True full screen, VSync.

5. Various changes in aircraft animations, FM, etc - a huge list.

6. Lots of changes to ground object AI and DM - another huge list.

7. New IL-2 style QMB missions.

We've also been working on SLI and Crossfire support. Crossfire is probably a couple of weeks out, while SLI is most likely going to wait for the next driver release from NVidia. By the way, SLI/Crossfire hardware should no longer cause slow-downs as of the last patch, so this shouldn't be as huge a let-down as it could have been.

Back to the trenches for me! Stay tuned!

(sorry Russian fans, I really wanted to simul-post this in Russian and English as usual but I'm kind of running around with my hair on fire)

Faustnik
04-22-2011, 07:21 PM
I paid for the UBI download a 2 months ago. I can't wait for my copy Tuesday! :grin:

I remember IL-2 1.0 had some stutters and other issues.

It sound like 1C is working fast to improve CoD. :cool:

Les
04-22-2011, 07:49 PM
...I can, and I will, especially as this is the only game I've ever had trouble with from Steam. The publishers knew the sorry state of the game and released it through channels that prevent customer returns. This is probably going to piss some people off...I must have missed the bit on the website that says Maddox Games are allowed to release shoddy half-arsed products w/o comeback. Can you point me to the link? I mean if it doesn't exist then new customers who aren't aware of a glorious 10 year legacy of releasing broken games might be concerned. This is probably going to piss some people off...Having a game that runs like it's on a 286 when you have a PC far in advance of recommended system specs may, just perchance, piss some people off. Rumours that the real beta testers were ignored may also lead to some people being pissed off. Gaming is a business, Maddox Games are not personal friends and have wittingly or unwittingly pulled a bait-and-switch on their loyal customers. I think this may count as 'disrespectful', possibly even 'inconsiderate'. When the bad reviews and bad rep spread over the internet it may even fall into the category of 'pointless'...There seems to be a not insignificant number of people who share that experience, and swatting their concerns away with some blithe BS about how some other game from a million years ago needed a patch too is probably going to piss those people off...The latter, they're probably nearer the mark and in this case are proving helpful to a lot of people who've spared themselves the bother of fighting Oleg's army of fawning morons...

Sorry, to you and the spectators who seem to enjoy this sort of stuff, but I'm just going to dismiss all that, feel free to see it as proof that you're correct and justified or however you want to see it, but this is the exact reason I don't usually post in these sort of threads. I'm tempted to get into the cut and paste thing, and there are counter-points to what you're saying, but you've just proven, to me anyway, there's nothing I could say that you yourself wouldn't outright dismiss or re-interpret to suit your preferred point of view. Sorry if my opinions offended you in some way and that you feel so hard-done-by, hope it all works out for you in the end.

swiss
04-22-2011, 08:12 PM

Wrong.
If MG bets burned no one will try to repeat this experience in the near future.
You're pretty young, so you probably missed the golden times.
There many great studios around - they are all gone.
Origin, Microprose etc.

Plus, sims are expensive and it's only a niche - who would pre-finance such a venture? The banks will tell you to f.u. (If I was a banker I sure would tell you to go somewhere else, from the business pov).

The best you can expect is some shitty mainstream product you can port to PSxy.
Awesome outlook.

BlitzPig_fox
04-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Not fer nuthin but when you accept mediocrity that is what you will get.

I do custom finish work and in these many years I have yet to hear a client say " I suppose I can live with that". When you get it right the first time there is no need for repairs and Be Sure constructive criticism brings about perfection.

You wants a product that some reviewer says is so-so then by all means buy it. You won't hear me complaining it was put off Stateside for release now.

{HVY-E}Jinxx
04-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Well my first impressions of CoD bring back flashbacks of Battle Cruiser 3000.

For those of you who don't remember it, and I'd understand if you didn't, it was a game on the cutting edge of the simulation realm. Hyped up to be the best, most immersive and most dynamic simulation of it's time.

When it hit the shelves, it was filled with bugs. It was due to the fact that the developer was told by the publisher to get it out or loose his funding. He obliged and released a game that was in all respects a "pre-beta". It was so full of bugs that the game was recalled from the shelves after only 3 or so weeks.

He spent the next few months reworking and repairing the game. It was then re-released about 6mos later as Battle Cruiser 3000AD. Unfortunately the damage had already been done and buyers that had flocked to the stores during it's initial release were no where to be seen. The game was a massive flop. Although it had and still has a rather well formed cult following, the game in general has fallen into obscurity.

With all the problems that CoD is having, it is very reminiscent of BC3000.
Just waiting for the fixes or the recall not to mention the actual release here in the states.........

David Hayward
04-22-2011, 08:35 PM
I do custom finish work and in these many years I have yet to hear a client say " I suppose I can live with that". When you get it right the first time there is no need for repairs and Be Sure constructive criticism brings about perfection.

If you were the only person on the planet doing custom finish work I suspect your customers would learn to live with a lower quality product, and would be more willing to wait for repairs.

Capt Backasswards
04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Bull Pies!!! This sim will be around for long while. The only reason they pushed it out the door in not yet ready condition was because someone said, 'now or never.' UBI no doubt.

I've bought two copies, one Russian and one English to support the developers. Heck! I might even buy the US release just to piss-off the nay-sayers. :)

BlitzPig_fox
04-22-2011, 09:04 PM
If you were the only person on the planet doing custom finish work I suspect your customers would learn to live with a lower quality product, and would be more willing to wait for repairs.

But you see that is not the truth, specially when the stock leaves the mill @ $15 per lin ft. They pays for a service and expect to get their monies worth and Be Sure if they are not satisified I wasted my time there as work is mostly done thru referrals in certain circles.

If the dev's have thin skin mebbe they should be doin sumthin else ... writin reviews might pay their bills.

David Hayward
04-22-2011, 09:10 PM
But you see that is not the truth, specially when the stock leaves the mill @ $15 per lin ft. They pays for a service and expect to get their monies worth and Be Sure if they are not satisified I wasted my time there as work is mostly done thru referrals in certain circles.

If the dev's have thin skin mebbe they should be doin sumthin else ... writin reviews might pay their bills.

Yes, it is the truth. There is no one else producing WW2 flight sims. We have no where else to go (picture Richard Gere). That is why people are willing to accept less than ideal releases. If there was no one else doing custom finish work, then your customers would be more willing to live with poor service.

Kano_Magnus
04-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Sorry, to you and the spectators who seem to enjoy this sort of stuff, but I'm just going to dismiss all that, feel free to see it as proof that you're correct and justified or however you want to see it, but this is the exact reason I don't usually post in these sort of threads. I'm tempted to get into the cut and paste thing, and there are counter-points to what you're saying, but you've just proven, to me anyway, there's nothing I could say that you yourself wouldn't outright dismiss or re-interpret to suit your preferred point of view. Sorry if my opinions offended you in some way and that you feel so hard-done-by, hope it all works out for you in the end.

It's OK for you to lose an argument Les but there's no need to be such a fanny about it, especially considering how arrogant and condescending you were when you thought you had the upper hand. Never mind though. In summary:

http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-ImageFileViewer/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles-00-00-42-87-57-Attached+Files/6724.kano-mortal-kombat.png_2D00_550x0.png

Les
04-22-2011, 09:47 PM
It's OK for you to lose an argument Les but there's no need to be such a fanny about it, especially considering how arrogant and condescending you were when you thought you had the upper hand. Never mind though. In summary:

http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-ImageFileViewer/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles-00-00-42-87-57-Attached+Files/6724.kano-mortal-kombat.png_2D00_550x0.png

Congratulations.

MB_Avro_UK
04-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi all,

The OP has a very valid point to make.

There are far too many here who take it personally if the sim doesn't meet all their expectations. They wail and cry as if they had been atacked in the street and had their wallet and watch stolen. And had a punch on the nose.

Grow up. See the bigger picture.

Have faith.

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.

ATAG_Doc
04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
I am buying a second copy and will give it to a random person just because I'm that kind of guy.

And I hope the guys developing this become so filthy rich from it they have others carrying their luggage whenever they travel and chicks every where.

I hope they are like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHT6b7u1_Y

PaulWF
04-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Salute

what a complete load of bollocks.

no, we support what DESERVES support, not blindly. BLIND support does not help Us, and it definitely does not help the developer.

I am happy to laud the things that are good, but i will most definitely also apply equal attention to what is bad.

Creating a false cloud of positive PR is dishonest.

Sven
04-22-2011, 10:16 PM
The good things of this flight sim are not false, nobody has said that we should make propaganda. Just try to look on the bright side of this sim, report issues constructively if you have to and as you might have noticed it is working out ( FFB, yes! ), and I am a happy panda.

David Hayward
04-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Kano, when is the victory parade?

Gibbage
04-22-2011, 10:49 PM
If you release a bad game, why should you not suffer the consequances? IL2 CoD is a bad bad game. Released MONTHS before it was finished, and took way too long to develop. Why should jo-public pay to have it fixed?

The thing is, bad games are released all the time. Reviews can tank them, and should. Never reward a bad game, or it will encourage MORE bad games. Oleg and his team are NOT new to this flight sim gig. They have released 5? sims. Whats there excuse this time? Its not like they didnt know better. Its not like they didnt have enough time. So why was this game so amazingly bad at launch?

Also, your forgetting supply and demand. If IL2 CoD tanks, someone will move in to make a supply for the demand. Its happened over and over, and will happen again. SWOTL? Dynamix? Air Warrior? Janes? All have gone, with new comers to replace them. Im sure when the Air Warrior servers were shut down, similar cry's were heard of "support the team or we all dies!!!". But look what we have now? Someone saw a demand, and supplied it.

Just like any company, product, or whatever, I will buy it AFTER its finished, NOT before. If I buy a new car and its not working, I take it back. If I buy a new computer and its not working, I take it back. If I buy a new computer game, and its not working, why would I not take it back? If I know in advanced that something is not working as advertised, why should I buy it?

David Hayward
04-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Gibbage, you should not buy the game. You also should not expect anyone in here to give a crap that you're not buying the game.

swiss
04-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Creating a false cloud of positive PR is dishonest.

ROFLMAO!

I should sig that.

Like PR was ever honest, lol.

Why should jo-public pay to have it fixed?

Because there is no one else who will.
Understood? No?

I could draw it for you if it helps you understand the situation.

Now, please leave, buy the sims or so and register on their forum too - just to keep yourself busy.

BP_Tailspin
04-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Could you please describe the "Suffering" that has been caused by your spending of that $50.
No suffering here, I canceled both my preorders …

The $50 you apparently had no critical use for and spent on a game.. Lets at least be honest here.. "Suffering?" Come on...
Suffering “Mentally”, not “Monetarily” (at least for some) ….

The real news. A MAJOR patch will be included with the U.S. release and all the negativity will be replaced by positivity
Smink where did you see/hear this?
If this is true I will order a Collectors Edition and 4 Regular Editions for some friends.

He111
04-23-2011, 02:02 AM
I'm amazed at how many games these days are bug city! S2TW, COD etc .. 5-10 years ago you'd never be allowed to release a game unless it was past Beta! is it because of game complexity? hardware complexity? buggy engines??

If this continues then noone should buy any game on release, wait a year until the game's stable and 1/2 price! ?? or is this the final straw for PC gaming?

Needless to say COD is my only WWII sim ATM and I await each update! :)

He111.

KeBrAnTo
04-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Salute

Too much reading pal. Game is supported well enough, no need of apocaliptic posts like yours either.

camel24hrs
04-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Too much reading pal. Game is supported well enough, no need of apocaliptic posts like yours either.

Amen...............hasnt this thread gone on long enough.

KG26_Alpha
04-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Amen...............hasnt this thread gone on long enough.

No there's room for a few more head cases to turn up yet with a arm full of axes to grind !!!!

JG52Uther
04-23-2011, 07:21 PM
No there's room for a few more head cases to turn up yet with a arm full of axes to grind !!!!

Sig worthy that! ;)
Actually if thats the same Gibbage from ubi forum he must have forgot he already bought CoD...

Heliocon
04-24-2011, 10:02 PM
U might wanna check your eyesight, again.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/Maax1000/BF109-1.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/Maax1000/Namnls.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/Maax1000/Moth2.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/Maax1000/Moth1.jpg

Just because u repeat the same thing over and over and over again wont make it true, however much u want it to.

As far as someone else filling the gap, u really believe that, dont u?

I dont think WOP gameplay is comparable, but WOP graphics are in many cirumstances better and completely smooth unlike COD. Overall as a holistic package taking performance into account I think WOP has the edge, because when you fly over berlin - is actually a city and buildings to teleport themselves into position.

mad mark
04-24-2011, 10:40 PM
This title has all the problems that beset the Sub-sim Silent Hunter V. Again the publisher Ubisoft forced that title out before a lot of functions were completed, and I am afraid to say in doing so has now destroyed any chance of what was a great series ever continuing in the future.
The moding community has done a great deal to fix that game but at its core it has a broken campaign that I fear will never be fixed. And without that it will never get to reach its full potential. Yes we now have most functions working and mods that completely change and improve the user interface but the overall gameplay remain a shadow of its former self and COD's campaign will in all probability also remain a very poor example of what could have been.

Capt Backasswards
04-24-2011, 10:49 PM
This title has all the problems that beset the Sub-sim Silent Hunter V. Again the publisher Ubisoft forced that title out before a lot of functions were completed, and I am afraid to say in doing so has now destroyed any chance of what was a great series ever continuing in the future.
The moding community has done a great deal to fix that game but at its core it has a broken campaign that I fear will never be fixed. And without that it will never get to reach its full potential. Yes we now have most functions working and mods that completely change and improve the user interface but the overall gameplay remain a shadow of its former self and COD's campaign will in all probability also remain a very poor example of what could have been.

Hell of a first post. You obviously don't know what this development team has done over the last 12 years, have you?

Ali Fish
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
i think we should put this post to rest please

Given how we and the game have been treated. its coming together nicely. lets get on the positive tip please. nobody deserves any insults. what was is no longer. a mess to start with, and now a blossoming rose of sorts. a whole garden of them. The patches are rolling along nicely. its going to get better by the week. I plan on just only presenting praise for the project in future simply because it really deserves praise now its actually functional with some quibles.

Suggest we all at the very least try similar.

Realise how great this actually is. Ok so the game isnt complete. We get the opportunity to watch it grow and provide feedback. thats just great imo. i look forward to the coming months with baited breath at just what goodies may be in store for us. woohoo !

ATAG_Dutch
04-25-2011, 12:09 AM
i think we should put this post to rest please

Given how we and the game have been treated. its coming together nicely. lets get on the positive tip please. nobody deserves any insults. what was is no longer. a mess to start with, and now a blossoming rose of sorts. a whole garden of them. The patches are rolling along nicely. its going to get better by the week. I plan on just only presenting praise for the project in future simply because it really deserves praise now its actually functional with some quibles.

Suggest we all at the very least try similar.

Realise how great this actually is. Ok so the game isnt complete. We get the opportunity to watch it grow and provide feedback. thats just great imo. i look forward to the coming months with baited breath at just what goodies may be in store for us. woohoo !

Extremely very good post indeed Mr. AliFish.

I now have it working superbly with all graphics features maxed out.

It's awesome, lke the dictionary definition. It fills me with awe.

It can only get better from here.:grin::grin:

AARPRazorbacks
04-25-2011, 12:40 AM
Has anyone looked at YouTube and seen all the videos made of this sim in the last few days?
I think the devs read threads like this and :roll:.

This is a good sim and its getting better.

There are thing happening in this sim that has never happened in flight sims before.

Just the detail to do this sim, with a small group working on CoD would take years.

Just set back and enjoy the sim.

flyer01:grin:

USAF77
04-25-2011, 12:53 AM

I think you have lost your mind. That or you have some kind of interest at stake here. Or you have been drinking.

Go take a walk around the block and meet the human race, Youv been staring at screens to long. Even in my drinking days I would never hold customers responsable for a product the manufacturer loused up.

ATAG_Dutch
04-25-2011, 12:58 AM
I think you have lost your mind.
You've been staring at screens to long.

We get a lot of 'em here mate.:grin:

ATAG_MajorBorris
04-25-2011, 01:05 AM
I wonder if the haters remember Il2 when it was released some 10 years ago? If my memory serves me right, my $2k PC at the time did not play the sim very smoothly. I surmise they compare CoD to a sim that has had more then a decade of tweaks and modifications (or worse yet to an fps with a mega budget) and for that reason they were enraged by the new sims teething issues.

Wanting perfection from a complex combat sim day one is ludicrous! I doubt the haters are really true (or at least seasoned) combat flight sim enthusiasts or else they would already expect bugs and incompleteness early on.

What these posters don’t understand is the immense amount of control they have over a new sims success, Rise of Flight (as of now an utterly fantastic sim) had to be sold off to 777 studios(go Jason) after getting mauled in its early reviews that included erroneous(yet seemingly expert) posts that included as much misinformation as truths. This led to poor sales and the sim had a very shaky start.

We as a community need to help build combat flight sims not tear them down(day 1 at that) as last I checked Cliffs of Dover is the only WW2 flight sim we might see worth mentioning in possibly the next decade.

In short my advise to those who don’t know better would be to:

1) Describe your most important issue (not a grocery list) with your pc specs and settings in detail. [BE FACTUAL NOT EMOTIONAL]

2) Think of truly important improvements that will enhance the sims realism.

3) Don’t tell the world you want your $ back and the sim is rubbish after such a short time. UNLESS OF COURSE, YOU’RE A HATER!

Thanks all for listening to a mad simmers rant and above all, enjoy the future of combat flight sims, you have waited impatiently for six years after all lol.