PDA

View Full Version : LeadFarm Server going down...

LeadFarmer
04-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Humor aside im doing a major upgrade to the server tomorrow adding memory to the server so we can fight the leak. Does any one know how many cores this game supports>?. I maybe able to get some cheap xeons for this server with the support of people that I work with I just need to know if it will take advantage of what im trying to do. Its damn good to work with people that are nuts about games I wiill also get a 50-60 vent or TS3 server up tomorrow.
Its up to you guys whether its vent or ts3. post your votes here. I also will be giving away a copy or few away of US version of this game away as soon as it is available in US. Convince me in a few words why you are the one deserving it and its yours. The none english speaking first prize goes to a dude that is not realy able to explain why he is the one. The english speaking guys will need to help me with this one.

Come on guys lets have some fun. ;)

Jwam
04-22-2011, 01:46 AM
Humor aside im doing a major upgrade to the server tomorrow adding memory to the server so we can fight the leak. Does any one know how many cores this game supports>?. I maybe able to get some cheap xeons for this server with the support of people that I work with I just need to know if it will take advantage of what im trying to do. Its damn good to work with people that are nuts about games I wiill also get a 50-60 vent or TS3 server up tomorrow.
Its up to you guys whether its vent or ts3. post your votes here. I also will be giving away a copy or few away of US version of this game away as soon as it is available in US. Convince me in a few words why you are the one deserving it and its yours. The none english speaking first prize goes to a dude that is not realy able to explain why he is the one. The english speaking guys will need to help me with this one.

Come on guys lets have some fun. ;)
The server can take advantage of my 8 cores. A Xeon would be a good choice.

Also, I recommend you TS3 as its latency, configuration, sound quality and business model are far better than Ventrilo's. You can easily subscribe for a free non commercial licence which will allow you to host a lot of slots.

Have fun with your new machine :)

[RS]Boomer
04-22-2011, 01:55 AM
I vote TS3 as well. Very nice of you to give away copies of the game. Thats a true fan ~S~!

LeadFarmer
04-22-2011, 02:11 AM
Jwam,

Thanks for your suggestion I geuss ts3 it is.

Boomer,

What we do in life echos in eternity. ;)

Thanks for your kind words :cool:

Thee_oddball
04-22-2011, 02:31 AM
you can also try mumble , it is totally free
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Jwam
04-22-2011, 02:42 AM
you can also try mumble , it is totally free
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
Yeah I love Mumble :) Mainly because it is open source. On highest settings, its quality is far better than TS3 ! But highest settings mean more bandwidth and CPU usage. Also, at equal bandwidth, TS has a better sound quality.

BTW you should try it, it's really fine for hosting small groups on max sound quality.

CBA_Bludawg
04-22-2011, 03:24 AM
so what would you use for a new 6 core amd in the config file?
ProcessAffinityMask=14

didnt mean to change the subject, i always have used vent seems to me more use it over ts3

cant wait to try out the new server.

THANKS!!

LeadFarmer
04-22-2011, 05:20 PM
it should be 255. there is a thread posted about this on this forum im pretty sure its 255;)