PDA

View Full Version : Invincible JU 87's

Doc_uk
04-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Thought id have a bit of fun tonight so i put on, unlimited ammo :)
I was sat behind this guy for 25 minutes, matching his speed, using mixed ammo, incendiaries, AP,and some others, he was still flying when i gave up, intact if i hadn't of hit exit, he would still be in the air, for another hour or 2
There were times when i keep'd my finger on the trigger for about10 seconds
at a time
There was that many bits falling of, of him, i lost count, and all the time his gunner was still shoting at me:grin:
I must of put thousands of rounds into him
Surely this cant be right?
Any thoughts guys
regards
Having second thoughts about this game :roll:

And can anybody tell me if you can switch to view enemy planes, for taking screenshots?
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8237/unledhp.png (http://img200.imageshack.us/i/unledhp.png/)

pupo162
04-21-2011, 08:14 PM
ctrl+f2 for enemy planes shift+f2 for friendlys f2 for your plane :)

now, into the ju87 issue = kill the pilot, and light the fuel tanks. i have had no major issues with this two.

Doc_uk
04-21-2011, 08:22 PM
ctrl+f2 for enemy planes shift+f2 for friendlys f2 for your plane :)

now, into the ju87 issue = kill the pilot, and light the fuel tanks. i have had no major issues with this two.
Light the fuel tanks, bloody hell, i couldnt of put more bullets in the fuel tanks, if i try'd lol

ATAG_Doc
04-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Kamikaze the hun! It's your duty.

jibo
04-21-2011, 08:46 PM
you remember the story between Egon Mayer and a P-47, maybe it's bit overblown here
but with only MGs remaining and no angle, those fat asses are less vulnerable than in a pure dogfight with a 10-30° shot.
Dive on him, aim at the engine and canopy

Redroach
04-21-2011, 09:06 PM
While discussing these things, it would be nice if those that complain would provide the "debriefing" screen where hit percentage etc. is listed.

Doc_uk
04-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Kamikaze the hun! It's your duty.
Lol, i like that

Letum
04-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Let me get this straight....

You where "sat behind this guy for 25 minutes [...] and all the time his gunner was still shoting at me"

And your complaining about the stuka being invincible?!

Doc_uk
04-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Let me get this straight....

You where "sat behind this guy for 25 minutes [...] and all the time his gunner was still shoting at me"

And your complaining about the stuka being invincible?!
But the al are pretty poor shots :)
infact ive only been hit about for times since i got this game, and only once did they do any damage

Revelation
04-21-2011, 09:46 PM
But the al are pretty poor shots :)
infact ive only been hit about for times since i got this game, and only once did they do any damage

Set yourself up against a wellington or 2 with their skill levels set to ace and watch whatever you fly get ripped to pieces around you.

snwkill
04-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Light the fuel tanks, bloody hell, i couldnt of put more bullets in the fuel tanks, if i try'd lol

I agree with you... I have sat behind them and just peppered the crap out of their plane. Other times I will come up and maybe hit them with 10 bullets and they drop out of the sky. I am nowhere near accurate enough to be complaining, but something definitely feels off...

Rattlehead
04-21-2011, 10:28 PM
:lol: Look at the Stuka!

That is one tough S.O.B.

Strike
04-21-2011, 10:33 PM
actually dude. You flattened both tires, that would have satisfied me enough for a kill.

The second that bird touches down home it's going to nose over and become a wreck. Ergo total loss. That plane is going to be cannibalized back at jerry base and slowly make it's way into probably 50 other stukas once their parts are worn out or shot to pieces in their future missions against you :P

RCAF_FB_Orville
04-21-2011, 10:35 PM
It's not just you Doc, I was flying one of the quick missions where they are en route to bomb an airfield (level bombing, lol) with unlimited ammo for practice (stock Spit loadout) and found that yes they are flying Panzers....Which anyone who knows anything about the Ju-87 knows is a wee bit far off the mark. :grin:

Did find the rear gunner can be killed quite quickly though. Lot of strangeness going on in this sim tbh.

That said, there have been very rare occasions when they have lit up quickly, but its very much the exception. No plane can take the kind of punishment I have seen some Stukas take though, not even a Jug.....its a frikkin joke. :grin:

I have to say I have not flown against them too often, but I've definitely experienced what you mention.

I don't see the 'Stuka Parties' that the RAF used to laugh and joke about in the mess (before Goering saw the light and grounded them to stop their utter pwnage and slaughter) happening in CoD world too often. Different breed. :grin:

Triggaaar
04-21-2011, 10:37 PM
I've had similar experiences when testing. I've switched vulneratbility off, and limited ammo off, and sat behind Stukas filling them with lead, wondering why they're still flying 5000 rounds later. Obviously I understand about deflection shooting etc, but if these damage models are correct, then IL2 models were bad beyond belief. Just a couple of birsts in IL2 would have a JU87 on fire.

Doc_uk
04-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Something is definitely not right, with this game, and im not talking bugs:rolleyes:
I think the germans are cough....cheating :)

Blakduk
04-21-2011, 10:52 PM
I can't agree with you guys regarding the damage model of the Ju87 being overdone- on average i can get two kills with limited ammo in a Hurricane and damage some others (For some reason i can get them to light up easier with a Spitfire). It seems about right to me and i love seeing the incendiary bullets burning on the surface.
Short bursts into the cockpit/engine area do the trick.
One thing i find is very different from IL2 is the accuracy of the gunners in CoD- in CoD i can sit right on the 6 of a Ju87 and not get hit, yet if i come in straight from a his high 7 or 8 o'clock the gunner gets me straight away. Il 2 gunners seem to be able to ignore the tail assembly and still get you through it- CoD seems to be more accurately modelling the arc of fire they had.

Triggaaar
04-21-2011, 11:07 PM
I can't agree with you guys regarding the damage model of the Ju87 being overdone- on average i can get two kills with limited ammo in a Hurricane and damage some others (For some reason i can get them to light up easier with a Spitfire). It seems about right to me and i love seeing the incendiary bullets burning on the surface.
Short bursts into the cockpit/engine area do the trick.You might be right, I've done very limited testing, and perhaps not with the best ammunition (default) or convergence - and if the DM is as good as they say, it doesn't matter how many of your bullets hit irrelevant parts of the enemy. I'm still shocked at how many bullets I've put into those things though (when testing from the enemy's 6, I normally kill all the gunners in the HE111 and JU87, but the engines just keep going).

C_G
04-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Is there an equivalent to IL2's arcade=1 in the conf.ini?
So you can have a view of where your bullets have been hitting