PDA

View Full Version : Unable to play ONLINE

palker4
04-20-2011, 12:12 PM
My problem is that if i go to plane loadout screen after i connect to server it cause CTD and if i change my loadout in main menu a then connect to server choose airfield and plane Launcher.exe will crash like always spent last 2 days trying to play online. No succes and i am out out ideas on how to fix this.

Jwam
04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Maybe your game is broken. Go to Steam, right click on clod, properties, local files, verify files. Dunno how menus are translated in english, as I have the french language on Steam, but it may help.

palker4
04-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Maybe your game is broken. Go to Steam, right click on clod, properties, local files, verify files. Dunno how menus are translated in english, as I have the french language on Steam, but it may help.

I am a long time steam user so i know my way around, anyway already did that twice to no avail will try to reinstall the whole game or i will download Civ IV that i bought during christmast sale that should keep me busy till the game is fixed to playable level.

Jwam
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
I am a long time steam user so i know my way around, anyway already did that twice to no avail will try to reinstall the whole game or i will download Civ IV that i bought during christmast sale that should keep me busy till the game is fixed to playable level.
I'm sorry for you :s Hope you'll be able to play it nicely in next weeks.

Chopa
04-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Grrrrr! I can't get into multiplayer either...and I'm approaching my deadline to write a review of this game.
I get into the server, select my army, filter out the unflyable airbases, click on a flyable base or plane...but get no red border, only a "4 black triangles" cursor <^>, and no opening menu to pick a plane on the rhs. Funnily enough I did get in once, thus giving the lie to the old adage "Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result."

I've tried clicking "All Around" the airbases, still no joy. Anyone got any ideas?

JG14_Jagr
04-21-2011, 02:34 AM
Go in and pick RAF, then click on one of the bases near the coast.. If you get the red circle double click on it and it should load the selection window.. choose a plane and scroll down (which is really hard to figure out) and find the CREATE button..

I just played for 90 minutes.. never had an issue and had a blast..

Thee_oddball
04-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Hi Chopa I saw you in my server today :) follow what JG14 said, what happens is if you zoom in about %50 of the map you will find the click able area at the the 5 o'clock position about inch from the base it self.

once you have clicked on it (as jg14 said) there will appear a menu to the right for the plane scroll down and hit Create...be warned there is a bug where the "create" button might no hilite for about 30 seconds...just wait it will :)

602Sqn.McLean
04-21-2011, 05:07 AM
anybody have more than two servers on the lobby. There doesn't seem to be many at all. Very different than when IL2 was on HL.

Blackrat
04-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Go to client instead of lobby and select source as internet for dedicated servers, I think lobby is only servers launched through the GUI.

sfmadmax
04-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Chopa!!!

I see you got some responses! Hopefully those work! See you on comms soon!

Chopa
04-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll try the 50% zoom, about 1" at 5 o'clock method, I guess I've been clicking too close to the icon. If that fails I'm about ready to delete and reload the game on the off-chance that I've got a corrupt download....though everything else is working fine....If 30-40 fps can be called "fine".

(Edit) Wow! That worked! You are the man Thee_odball! Thanks a million.....Now I just have to figure out how to not crash on take-off and I will be a huge threat to my own team..:-)

Thee_oddball
04-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll try the 50% zoom, about 1" at 5 o'clock method, I guess I've been clicking too close to the icon. If that fails I'm about ready to delete and reload the game on the off-chance that I've got a corrupt download....though everything else is working fine....If 30-40 fps can be called "fine".

(Edit) Wow! That worked! You are the man Thee_odball! Thanks a million.....Now I just have to figure out how to not crash on take-off and I will be a huge threat to my own team..:-)

lol your welcome :)