PDA

View Full Version : FMB Weather Question

klem
04-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Under View....Mission Parameters I can set nothing worse than Medium clouds. I would like to set "Rhubarb" weather with low level 10/10 cloud and some lousy weather.

Also when I select Edit.. Weather Map all I get is a Yellow/Grey swirl (it just sits there, doesn't move).

How do I get more cloud and how is the weather map supposed to work?

HamishUK
04-21-2011, 02:17 PM
В игре многое что отключено на данный момент, не соврать 50% кода в графике на данный момент отключено, со временем будем потихоньку включать.
Облака новые с сабскаттерингом, и погода, и до ландшафта дойдут руки.

Translation: at this point about 50% of features is off (just not ready), but devs will slowly add this features in game when it is ready. In future: new clouds with sub-scattering, new weather, landscape.

Also they say that current water is place-holder from DX9 version. New water will have a wave, surf, and will be transparent - you can see ships below waterline, submarine, bottom of the sea.

But right now they fixing bugs and work on optimisation.

Translated it is not working properly yet.

klem
04-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Translated it is not working properly yet.

Thanks Hamish,

at least I know now whats happening.

ZaltysZ
04-22-2011, 11:51 AM
How do I get more cloud and how is the weather map supposed to work?

There are weather related objects (generators) in FMB. I think they are supposed to be used for getting rains, cloud layers and etc., however last time I have checked them, they happily crashed the mission and whole game. :)

322Sqn_Dusty
04-22-2011, 05:30 PM
They still cause a launcher.exe error.

klem
04-30-2011, 09:44 AM
There are weather related objects (generators) in FMB. I think they are supposed to be used for getting rains, cloud layers and etc., however last time I have checked them, they happily crashed the mission and whole game. :)

Thanks for pointing out the Weather objects. They don't crash my PC but we are a couple of patches down the road now.

I have created a dogfight mission with overcast at 300m, Hurricanes at Hawkinge, static heinkels and stukas across the channel at Saint-Inglevert and a few 109s patrolling their area. I have set the density etc properties of the weather as low as they will go (the sliders).

Problem: When friends join me (I'm running the server on my playing PC) they do not get the weather - just clear skies - while I am flying in the overcast.

Any ideas why? Is this part of 'the weather is porked' or could it be something to do with settings?

If it means anything, while I see the blue ground targets on my map right from the start, they don't until they get near the French coast and while I can see the ground targets dots from miles away - even through cloud (!) - they don't until they are close.