PDA

View Full Version : Face Track

BigPickle
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Does face track work with CoD?
Toying with the idea of buyin a cam for it.

kllr101
04-19-2011, 10:08 AM
I assume you mean FaceTrackNoIR (http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/) ?

BigPickle
04-19-2011, 10:10 AM
yeah does it work with cod

Heinz Laube
04-19-2011, 11:18 AM
works good in CoD , but has same problem like TrackIr with recenter

squidgyb
04-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes, it does work - it's not as accurate as freetrack though, given the same webcam. I'd like to try it with a HD webcam, especially if they get round to implementing the server/client aspect of it (I assume they haven't got round to it yet - and I'd worry a bit about lag) - but my freetrack/ps3 eye/3 point cap does what I want right now.

BigPickle
04-19-2011, 11:29 AM
thanks guys

oh yeah you can get 120 fps out of the ps3 eye with facetracknoIR.

"The PS3 Eye camera was designed for gaming and for that purpose, it can give up to 120 fps. However when the Code Laboratories driver is used it normally operates in 'basic' mode, which will max. at 30fps. If you want, you can switch the driver into advanced mode this way:

Create a file called cleye.config in the program-folder of FaceTrackNoIR (the one with with the .EXE in it);
Enter this text in the file and save it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cleye>
<item name="mode" value="advanced" />
</cleye>

Run FaceTrackNoIR"

I'd be interested in knowing squidgyb, would you test it out?
(http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/member.php?u=34206)

squidgyb
04-19-2011, 12:22 PM
120fps @ 320x240 - not really good enough for freetrack/facetracknoir

75fps @ 640x480 - however is right on the money

I'm not sure how you change the resolution settings in tracknoir. You could probably set it up first in freetrack then close freetrack and open facetracknoir.

recoilfx
04-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Too bad the current release doesn't work with Sandy Bridge cpus. *sigh* I have a ps eye waiting in the bin.

squidgyb
04-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Doens't work with Sandy Bridge? That's an odd one, especially considering that it's essentially the same architecture as the Nehalems. Guess it could be a chipset/random incompatibility thing.

Seriously, though - if you have a PS Eye, do the right thing and fix up a free track setup - it's much more accurate... Though arguably it requires a fair bit more effort to get up and running.

As a comparison - with freetrack, I can keep focus on an aircraft/building very steadily out of the side window while circling. With facetrack running on the same webcam/fps settings, I just can't keep it as steady as I can with freetrack.

Doc_uk
04-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Too bad the current release doesn't work with Sandy Bridge cpus. *sigh* I have a ps eye waiting in the bin.
Yea its proberly the same as im getting, is it this Failed to initialize APIScope
V4Freaind said that it should work with the new 1.6 thats coming out soon :)
regards
Doc

Doc_uk
04-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Doens't work with Sandy Bridge? That's an odd one, especially considering that it's essentially the same architecture as the Nehalems. Guess it could be a chipset/random incompatibility thing.

Seriously, though - if you have a PS Eye, do the right thing and fix up a free track setup - it's much more accurate... Though arguably it requires a fair bit more effort to get up and running.

As a comparison - with freetrack, I can keep focus on an aircraft/building very steadily out of the side window while circling. With facetrack running on the same webcam/fps settings, I just can't keep it as steady as I can with freetrack.

With every new realease facetracknoir is getting better and better
Plus, i dont look stupid with some hat and lights sticking out the top of my head :)