PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated server memory leak fixed.

LeadFarmer
04-19-2011, 12:04 AM
It seems like memory leak has been fixed. Jwam mentioned that there was a massive amount of players entering servers just after the release of the patch.
Looks like it was steam that was crashing all of the servers at approximatly same time. It will be interesting to see if the server lasts over night.Would be great if we could test it with players coming through the night.

Crosses fingers.:grin:

Good luck to all those trying to host;)

Jwam
04-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Server launched. Fingers crossed :rolleyes::grin:

LeadFarmer
04-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Jwam, I may have spoken too soon. It still leaks just slower and that is agood thing.

Jwam
04-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah I noticed the same thing. Dunno if it is really a memory leak. The application may need to eat more memory as time goes by.

BTW, if you see interesting information in your logs, you should post it on this thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21733).

Hope it'll help.

LeadFarmer
04-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Rgrt.

PaulWF
04-19-2011, 01:26 PM
You might want to rename this thread.

There's at least two crashes going on.

1 - all servers are going offline simultaneously. It would be fair to suspect a centralized authentication to be responsible - whether it's trying to use steam or some other auth method. We could probably run a packet analyzer to determine where but the logs would be huge.

2 - the memory leak. It's there and verifiable.

LeadFarmer
04-19-2011, 08:03 PM
I guess I was too quick with my post. The leak is still there just not as fast as pre patch. Yesterday I was looking at the cmd window and steam poped a msg that the server lost connection and it is logging off.
I clicked new list on my gaming box while in game browser and it returned no servers. This tells us that not only the server lost connection and it was because of steam. As much us i want to host and play this game I am also tired of it.
So I think ill be taking a break from both hosting and playing untill things are sorted out.

352ndBushpilot
04-19-2011, 08:28 PM
It's really a shame, framerates are going up which is great, and when there are servers they are crowded in no time, lots of people are willing to fly online. The devs should shift their attention and prioritize fixing the MP part IMHO. We were promised online wars, raging for days, weeks, now they rage for 1,5 hour max.

BP

Thee_oddball
04-19-2011, 09:27 PM
started the server before i left for work came home and....of course cpu maxed %100 DOS window not responding :( I think i will shut down steam the next time that happens and see if the DOS windows starts responding again.

Ataros
04-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Please post your server crashlogs and brief problem descriptions here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21733
Maybe monitoring of CPU and RAM load at crash event can help too.

Developers are watching that thread.

JG14_Jagr
04-19-2011, 11:10 PM
I've seen lots of server crashes, but since the patch I am getting lost connection to host messages after flying for a while... It doesn't seem lik its always the server going down however... not sure though..

LeadFarmer
04-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Im hoping that by friday we will have a new patch that will sort things out.

JG14_Jagr
04-20-2011, 12:44 AM
I Just flew for an hour non stop, so whatever STEAM did seems to have made a difference.. after the patch, and before reading this thread..10 minutes was about my longest flight.

335th_GRAthos
04-21-2011, 08:46 PM
So actually the leak has not been fixed yet....

(just to make sure that there are no false impressions due to the very inviting title of this thread).