PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Lobby and IL2 COD

JG14_Jagr
04-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Apparently Jiri is working on COD support for the next version of HL... that would allow people to HOST without STEAM.. which I think would be a very good thing.. A working dedicated server would be a big addition

Jwam
04-18-2011, 11:59 PM
Apparently Jiri is working on COD support for the next version of HL... that would allow people to HOST without STEAM.. which I think would be a very good thing.. A working dedicated server would be a big addition
Love you :D

Great news here. But who is Jiri ?

JG14_Jagr
04-19-2011, 12:13 AM
He created, updates, Hyper Lobby

http://hyperfighter.sk/

Jwam
04-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Hmmm cool ! Thanks, I'm new to the world of IL2 and have never used HyperLobby. But my friends still use it for 1946 !

I wish him good luck. Thanks for his hard work !

Thee_oddball
04-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Love you :D

the Devs will have to give us a patch to allow this...at present the server will not start with out connectiong to steam, i have heard people turn steam off after they start there server but that does not mean that the server is still not in contact with steam master server (or what ever it is called).

but it is good to hear that jiri is already working on it :):):)

335th_GRAthos
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM

The guy who created the world!
aftrwards someone else came, took whole seven days.... LOL :-)

Ths is really great news !

JG52Uther
04-19-2011, 11:54 AM
I hope we can play through hyperlobby,because the current system through steam sucks bigtime.

SUP_Trok
04-19-2011, 12:10 PM
hyperlobby with COD is an important thing but now I am still awaiting the game stable. 1C team must concentrate all forces for release a good simulator and not a beta.. COD is still unflyable at moment. For me the most important thing is to fix all problems of this game... after we can try and test other things like hyperlobby, mod etc.. :-P

I really hope COD will be fixed.... because its more realistic than IL-2.. but needs a lot of work

Thanks 1C for your hard work...but the way is still long

Jwam
04-19-2011, 12:24 PM
hyperlobby with COD is an important thing but now I am still awaiting the game stable. 1C team must concentrate all forces for release a good simulator and not a beta.. COD is still unflyable at moment. For me the most important thing is to fix all problems of this game... after we can try and test other things like hyperlobby, mod etc.. :-P

I really hope COD will be fixed.... because its more realistic than IL-2.. but needs a lot of work

Thanks 1C for your work...but the way is still long
I don't think CoD is unplayable. I find the FM and DM very good, except for a few "minor" bugs (not all minor actually :-P).

A huge part of the community could not play it because of performance issues. It seems to be a lot better now with the AO and textures switches, and the optimization.

To my mind, the biggest drawback of CoD is not the game on itself. It's all the stuff related to it. Menus, controls (we should create one profile per plane), global stability (it seems better btw), sound bugs, graphic glithes and multiplayer.

The core of CloD is just fraking awesome. I think the MADDOX team have mainly focused on this core during the developpement, wanting it to be perfect, and forgot about the rest when Ubi told them it was time to release the game.

My 2 cents :)

I agree with you, fixing a game always takes too much time when it should have been stable at release. And it'll be long, even if MADDOX team does not seem to sleep a lot these times :rolleyes:

SG1_Gunkan
04-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Jiri is our Hero! We really need our Hyperlobby. No problem that steam is running backdoors to check online keys and mod's.

We need a program OUTSIDE the simulator.

JG14_Jagr
04-19-2011, 05:25 PM
COD is still unflyable at moment. For me the most important thing is to fix all problems of this game

People post things like that.. "Its UNFLYABLE!!!" Fortunately for most people its VERY flyable.. I get 100 fps and no stutters in Multiplayer. My offline campaign is going great at 1920X1200 with everything set HIGH and SSAO and Shadows off...

So, when you make posts like that, make them properly.. "It is still unflyable at the moment for me" I'll take your word for it.. But without more info on your system and what issues you are having its hard to help you.

Shadylurker
04-19-2011, 07:24 PM
:confused: why? Why do you all love hyperlobby so much? And I doubt it will ever get rid of steam (VAC), and I certainly hope it doesn't.

The possibilities with using steam with a dedicated server are pretty much limitless, it just depends on what 1c does with it. Wouldn't it be nice for you to connect to your favorite server and have that new mod they are using automatically downloaded, all while being VAC secured? or even to a lesser extent at least be able to download quality mods through steam ( IE HL2 mods, RO mods, ect), so we don't have the same debacle that basically murdered all but the most loyal IL-2 servers / players

not to mention the community abilities available through steam.

Steam is a 1000X more powerful.

I have never liked having to have Hyperlobby just to find a server to play on. I guess I am the minority in this but if you ever take a look at what other games can do through steam I am sure you would feel the same way.

And Valve Anti Cheat is one of the better, most autonomous anti cheats I have ever dealt with.

Richie
04-19-2011, 10:34 PM
I put this subject up months ago in the Hyperlobby General forums.."IIJG27Rich". When you spend all of your time flying IL-2 online in Spits VS 109s on the Hyperlobby you get yourself into a panic fest wondering if you will be able to fly with your friends again with this new sim. For me there's nothing better than that server and I hope things work out with the Hyperlobby and COD so we can all fly together again.

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums

gonk
04-20-2011, 12:03 AM
It may be ugly... but it works... thx Jiri

KG26_Alpha
04-20-2011, 03:03 PM

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7954

335th_GRAthos
04-21-2011, 06:55 AM
:confused: why? Why do you all love hyperlobby so much? And I doubt it will ever get rid of steam (VAC), and I certainly hope it doesn't.

The possibilities with using steam with a dedicated server are pretty much limitless, it just depends on what 1c does with it. Wouldn't it be nice for you to connect to your favorite server and have that new mod they are using automatically downloaded, all while being VAC secured? or even to a lesser extent at least be able to download quality mods through steam ( IE HL2 mods, RO mods, ect), so we don't have the same debacle that basically murdered all but the most loyal IL-2 servers / players

not to mention the community abilities available through steam.

Steam is a 1000X more powerful.

I have never liked having to have Hyperlobby just to find a server to play on. I guess I am the minority in this but if you ever take a look at what other games can do through steam I am sure you would feel the same way.

And Valve Anti Cheat is one of the better, most autonomous anti cheats I have ever dealt with.

Well you definitively belong to the minority, for al online players HL has been a tremendous tool becase it was a low ressource, no overhead platform for communication, gathering and playing.
Besides, it alowed multiple ways of flying (dogfight, co-op missions) in a rather easily understandable format.
This is why itwas HL and not Ubisofts online game servers that ruled IL2FB...

I do admit however that STEAM's anti-cheat capabilities (which I hve no information about) are a definitive advantage.

I am still looking forward to Jiri's solution though...

~S~

JG14_Jagr
04-21-2011, 10:00 PM
The issue with STEAM isn't the "Power" its the resources used.. it seems that it is literally EATING memory and combined with the game use its crashing servers. Looks like memory isn't being freed up the way it should be so servers will eventually crash.

ElAurens
04-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Can't wait for Hyperlobby support.

Honestly, I don't see why Steam users are so positive about it.

Other than VAC, all it does is eat resources, tell me that someone is playing a game that I don't have and don't want, and it constantly spams me with adverts for games I could care less about.

Not saying that Steam fans should not like it, to each his own, but it does nothing to enhance my "gaming" experience.

Ataros
04-22-2011, 08:21 AM
CoD is open for mods. Mods without VAC mean cheaters, cheaters and cheaters. Please do not split this small community into even smaller ones. Be patient. Steam works.

(btw you can turn off all spam and pop-up windows in steam settings)

JG52Uther
04-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Steam is NOT working with CoD multiplayer.
I can log on to hyperlobby in the evening and see 600 people playing il2.In CoD all we see are server crashes.
Patience is one thing,but really multiplayer should have been working perfectly on release.

Ataros
04-22-2011, 09:46 AM
The is no evidence of
1) dedi server crashes due to Steam only
2) it can not be fixed.

Devs are working on server stability as I write this. We have no other choice than being patient regardless of our wishes and dreams we have.

JG52Uther
04-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Well as Oleg said that third party programmes could be used for multiplayer hopefully Jiri can sort it out,because hyperlobby just,you know,works.

SC/JG Matoni
04-22-2011, 03:16 PM
~S All,

As someone who has been running servers since 4.03m I think that HL coming back would be a bad idea. ( no offence to the work done by HL in the past ).

Once STEAM is sorted out, and it will be, no doubt about it, it will give us access to a much larger player base than IL2 has had before. How did you hear about HL originally? I bet someone with the game told you about it? The general non sim nut, who we want to get into CoD will not know about HL.

Us picking up our sticks and heading back to HL will only hurt this sim long term, yes it sucks atm, trust me I'm trying to setup a DED atm, but I am excited about the possiblilty of new people coming into the sim. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that our player base in Oz has dried up under the old IL2.

my 5c

Matoni

Vengeanze
04-22-2011, 03:53 PM
~S All,

As someone who has been running servers since 4.03m I think that HL coming back would be a bad idea. ( no offence to the work done by HL in the past ).

Once STEAM is sorted out, and it will be, no doubt about it, it will give us access to a much larger player base than IL2 has had before. How did you hear about HL originally? I bet someone with the game told you about it? The general non sim nut, who we want to get into CoD will not know about HL.

Us picking up our sticks and heading back to HL will only hurt this sim long term, yes it sucks atm, trust me I'm trying to setup a DED atm, but I am excited about the possiblilty of new people coming into the sim. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that our player base in Oz has dried up under the old IL2.

my 5c

Matoni
But HL is a great way of keeping out the riff-raff and Steam is good if one wanna have an easy ride and high killrate. ;-)

Shadylurker
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM
~S All,

my 5c

Matoni

This.
The only reason I ever owned HL was to play IL-2. Yes UBI was terrible. Give Steam a chance, we all know it was a last minute announcement, I'm sure the dev's are working overtime to make it work like a well oiled 109, and when it does It will only make the community stronger, as it will offer a one click service. No more jumping through hoops.

EDIT: I guess I am so pro steam because I have seen the light through some steam games. It is one of my favorite features about the games and steam. when I play original valve games that utilize all of steams abilities you don't even realize your on a special/modded server or anything along those lines its so seamless. That is what I want to see for the IL2 community.

Thee_oddball
04-22-2011, 10:30 PM
CoD is open for mods. Mods without VAC mean cheaters, cheaters and cheaters. Please do not split this small community into even smaller ones. Be patient. Steam works.

(btw you can turn off all spam and pop-up windows in steam settings)
Ataros VAC is geared towards FPS game (dominant genre on steam) plus steam has NO game like CLOD so how would VAC know what a cheat in CLOD looks like anyways...Below is a quote from the VAC info page...i can see this becoming an INSTANT night mare
Use caution when installing any game modifications, such as scripts or custom skins. Only download custom content from trusted sources. Hackers sometimes maliciously disguise their cheats to cause others to get banned. and the best part is if some ones (skin,script or mod) get mistaken for a hack....
Important:

All VAC bans are permanent - Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances.

https://support.steampowered.com
/kb_article.php?ref=7849-RADZ-6869

The is no evidence of
1) dedi server crashes due to Steam only
2) it can not be fixed.

Devs are working on server stability as I write this. We have no other choice than being patient regardless of our wishes and dreams we have.
It cannot be fixed? what cant be fixed? We know they are working on the server stability... but Tobe honest CLOD was not launched with a few bugs...it was launched close to being crippled :( and to ad to it we were told there would be a dedicated server shipped with the game...there was none so we have to buy another copy in order to run one.

Patient? Really?? we have been and our continuing to be so but when there is a program that is free and is PROVEN! out there for us to use but we are stuck with a program that is for profit and is NOT reliable and is only adding to the problems on top of the fact that oleg TOLD US we could use third party software such as HL but we are still denied that is when we get inpatient!

to Matoni and shadylurker
Steam is not a flight sim market and will do little to bring in new faces..
1. because it is an FPS market there
2. because most FPS players (not all) do not have the patients to learn something as complicated as CLOD.
Go here and count the number of flight sims you see..
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

We don't want to stop you from using steam but we want the option not to if we choose.

FYI steam is crashing our servers half the time now...the other half is the game itself :(

p.s in the above link to steam stats it shows 350 people playing CLOD...IM going to look in the game browser right now and see if there are 350+ playing...ill be pleased if there are :) but I doubt it...which makes me wonder where that number is coming from....

update: there are 60 people online right now....i wonder what the other 290 are doing :)

JG14_Jagr
04-23-2011, 05:49 AM
I have no problem with people having the ability to ply COD through STEAM.. it will definitely be an easy way for new game owners to find an online server. On the other hand, I almost NEVER play IL2 on a random server. 90% of my gameplay is on organized online wars where the risk of cheating is very low and other gamers created checks to verify system fiels.. I would very much like to have MORE THAN ONE option to play IL2 COD

Ataros
04-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Ataros VAC is geared towards FPS game (dominant genre on steam) plus steam has NO game like CLOD so how would VAC know what a cheat in CLOD looks like anyways...

If you remember what Oleg said about official approval of mods for online and what luthier told about recent keygetis mods you may understand how it works. Developers will program VAC on what is considered an allowed mod and what is a cheat. Devs will not have time to program several anticheat systems. Thus HL will have at least as many cheaters as IL-2 has now even on protected servers.

it was launched close to being crippled :( and to ad to it we were told there would be a dedicated server shipped with the game...there was none so we have to buy another copy in order to run one.

I understand your feelings but the things are as they are. We do not have another game like CoD and will not have probably ever. There is almost zero chance that a person with strong aviation engineering background AND attention to detail as Oleg will create a gamedev company in the future. You may go to UBI forums and thank them for forcing Oleg out in order to make some quick money and get rid of this unprofitable burden quickly.

btw. Server runs without 2nd copy of the game. You need only a 2nd copy of free Steam installed (or just 4-5 files from it) not necessarily linked to CoD.

We don't want to stop you from using steam but we want the option not to if we choose.

You have this option.
If you want a newcomer to open Steam MP browser and see only some basic boring servers with less then 100 players there. Do you think a newcomer will play online often in this case, would tell his friends in Steam communities how much fun it is, making them buying another 4-6 copies of the game and telling their friends and so long. In case the game fails in the USA its support by UBI may be stopped not in 12 months when we have SDK but in 3 months when we have nothing.

It is your choice. But please do not think short term fun, think long term game support and development. Be patient. We all WWII flightsim fans will never have such a detailed engineering masterpiece as CoD. Do not let publishers kill it too soon.

JZG_Con
04-25-2011, 11:18 PM
i love hypperlobby ...most servers are nearly full every night

MegOhm
04-26-2011, 01:25 AM
all of this is great, Multiplayer will have to work better first