PDA

View Full Version : Additional maps, campains...

Orion66
04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi

Am a huge fan of this game. I play it all over the time. But I wonder. If there is an editor included - are there any new maps or campains aviable? I remember that there was a lot of maps in Heroes of Might and Magic made by community. Is it similar with Kings Bounty.

Metathron
04-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Nope nothing has been produced yet. Must be because the editor is so user friendly.

sdshadow
06-30-2011, 07:37 PM
I have tried to make someting but i stopped it. You have to many error messages that you don´t understand, it is a really bad try and error editor, but you can´t really try and error if the game don´t work if you make a failure (and you can make many failures) and the error messages are not really good.

Even the editor is so complicated that you would like to throw it out of the window. You have many small windows (that you can´t make bigger) and there is always a new (even smaller) window in a option in it, but nothing is helping you. You mostly don´t knew what a function means before you tried it (if you have luck that the game starts after this).

But you can change many things fast if you work with the editor a few hours and if you understand a few things how bad he works, e.g. other units in old shops, changing the amount of units in shops, give shops all items, change item stats and so on...but you have to try and error in even the simple things.

joasoz
07-01-2011, 09:32 AM
There is a reason why we are not flooded with user made stuff. The release of the editor was a joke. If it had worked we would have a vibrant community here. I wish :(

onepiece
07-01-2011, 08:51 PM
I too had hoped it would be useful =(

infernal1800
07-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I have tried to make someting but i stopped it. You have to many error messages that you don´t understand, it is a really bad try and error editor, but you can´t really try and error if the game don´t work if you make a failure (and you can make many failures) and the error messages are not really good.

Even the editor is so complicated that you would like to throw it out of the window. You have many small windows (that you can´t make bigger) and there is always a new (even smaller) window in a option in it, but nothing is helping you. You mostly don´t knew what a function means before you tried it (if you have luck that the game starts after this).

But you can change many things fast if you work with the editor a few hours and if you understand a few things how bad he works, e.g. other units in old shops, changing the amount of units in shops, give shops all items, change item stats and so on...but you have to try and error in even the simple things.

Really, I edited a few map, two small island (6x6), a quiet big one (10x10) plus 14 quests and I dont have any big trouble beside some crashes. Maybe the version you guys use is beta :?:

1darklord
07-21-2011, 03:15 PM
I've not actually looked at the editor, as I've not completed my first play-through yet.

Do you make changes to the main campaign or can you design stand alone adventures?

Daniel.

infernal1800
07-22-2011, 03:24 PM
I've not actually looked at the editor, as I've not completed my first play-through yet.

Do you make changes to the main campaign or can you design stand alone adventures?

Daniel.

I keep all the features of main campaign and only add some islands by teleporting to, plus some quests. Have you done any map by the editor yet?

1darklord
07-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Nope not touched it all, could be tempted to at some point though. :)

Daniel.

onepiece
07-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Infernal1800, I wanted to know how can you use the editor to such extent since many people have been having trouble with it i.e: crashes, bugs, etc. What version do you use?

And since you have edited and created new islands and quests, could you upload your mod so we can try it?

infernal1800
07-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Infernal1800, I wanted to know how can you use the editor to such extent since many people have been having trouble with it i.e: crashes, bugs, etc. What version do you use?

And since you have edited and created new islands and quests, could you upload your mod so we can try it?

Actually, I haven't finished yet and i'm still creating a big maps. I merged all of my maps with original maps of the game. I looking for a big island that have many cave or smaller map inside it. An big island that connect to serveral original maps (Debir, scarlet wind, verona, namaless...). I devided it into many path, between each path we will have a stronghold/cave or kind of a portal which lead you to a smaller area and you have to fight up to 10 battles ( of course the final battle will be a gatekeeper/miniboss) you have to beat the boss in order to proceed further. Each boss will has an special unit that you cant recruit it such as a gold dragon or an upper level archdemon... The final region of the island may be a big bad boss or a battle which you have to fight many powerful monsters. Each mini boss will has a reward which can be an item, rune or even a powerful level 5 monster which you can recruit. I decided to create my island by this way because I hate kiting, kiting make the game boring and too easy. In this island, you almost cannot kite anything because all the treasures are block by at least one foe and the strength of the keeper is depend on value of the treasure. I also change the price of every creature, the higher the level and ability, the more expensive they will be. By this way, you will have to consider which one is the most necessary and effectively for your army because level 5 creatures are no more cheap now. I'm also change the ability of monster and "redesign" the animation of monster, making them more beautiful (assassin now has a poison mist talent which spread a cloud of poison toward his enemies...). The difficulty of the game will be change significantly. For example, you will soon forget about no loss medal at impossible because the enemy may 7 or 8 times stronger than you at the middle of the game (enemy's strength: 350%) but if you think you can achieve no loss medal level 5, feel free to try it :)

My mod is base on Redsands mod and some features from "Adventure mod" of bladeking77. So, we will have all creature from Redsands and a few from Adventure; we also have monster's experience system; a few island from Redsands; new items and spells.

Currently, i'm working on monster's animation but this is too much for one person. I spend 8 hours a day but it is too much :(

Sorry for my bad English, I come from Asia so my English may be hard to understand :) Any commend will be appreciated ;)

1darklord
07-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Sounds interesting, I'll look forward to it. :)

Daniel.

infernal1800
07-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Oh, I forgot one thing, I'm using version 1.31 and I dont have any trouble with game or editor beside a bug with talent but I fixed it :)