PDA

View Full Version : [Rage post] All servers seem to crash at the same time

Jwam
04-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Did you notice that all the servers seem to crash at the same time ?

As soon as my server crashes, I will turn it down and wait for it to be fixed.

I spent 4 days and nights trying to make it work, installing 4 different systems, trying 1 billion kinds of settings, not sleepling, re-launching the server 20 times a day when it was crashing for the users to be able to join in an play in good conditions.

I'm fed up.

The devs seem to provide a lot of work and I won't blame them. We all make errors.

But i'll just be waiting, to be able to provide the guys who join us with a fully enjoyable game, and not one full of timeouts...

BlackbusheFlyer
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
I for one appreciate the effort you dedicated server guys have put in amidst the frustration to try to provide a great service to the community. You should be applauded.

To add my voice; I hope the developers react to these problems soon.

phoenix1963
04-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I noticed the same thing and commented to squadmates.
Off the wall suggestion... maybe some auto internet admins think it's malware traffic?!

56RAF_phoenix

Thee_oddball
04-18-2011, 10:56 PM
I know how ya feel...i just got home and the CPU was maxed at 100% and the game was locked :(:( i had to pull the channel map because of system lag for people just joining :(:( there is with out a doubt some kinda of memory leak....i have been seeing it for a few days now so has leadfarmer, but dont lose hope just keep plugging away at it ..the more bugs we find he faster they get fixed :)

Ali Fish
04-18-2011, 11:06 PM
just had mine crash within last few minuites.(not dedicated server) anyone else ? most of my crashes tonight have been due to steam, but not that last one.

Jwam
04-18-2011, 11:16 PM
i have been seeing it for a few days now so has leadfarmer, but dont lose hope just keep plugging away at it ..the more bugs we find he faster they get fixed :)
True :) As I said, I would be happy to send logs and crashdumps (if any) to the devs if they want to. But I can not stare at the server console all day long anymore :) I'm having much more fun playing other games with my friends.
I'm on a dedicated server strike !!! :-P

Seriously, I'm gonna try different things to determine the cause. I'm launching it now :)

just had mine crash within last few minuites.(not dedicated server) anyone else ? most of my crashes tonight have been due to steam, but not that last one. Yes it also happened to a friend of mine. Just wait for it to be fixed :) And keep your logs in case they would need them !

doghous3
04-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Well, lets hope for a hotfix. I was expecting the MP stability to be improved..

LeadFarmer
04-18-2011, 11:47 PM
guys the memory leak is fixed.

Jwam
04-18-2011, 11:53 PM
I just talked with LeadFarmer. Issues seem to be at least temporary fixed for him, as he had no crash for more than one hour with the Channel map. But he could not test with many players on it.

I think all this stuff is linked to Steam servers. Not VAC as I disable it for testing purposes. But Steam seems to have serverside P2P abilities which may be badly handled. Also, I opened the P2P ports on my server, so it's not a port forwarding problem.

In fact I don't know at all where the problem does comes from. But I saw this : just when the patch was released, there have been a massive rush of players on the servers, and I saw all the servers crash exactly at the same time every 5 - 10 mns.

Now that there is a lot less load, servers seem fine.

I would be interested to know how it works for our Russian fellows, as I think their game is not bound to Steam if I remember well.

Anyone ?

edit : Haha LeadFarmer was too quick ^^

Blackrat
04-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Just got up and see that Syndicate is up and running and has been for about 1.5 hours so far, currently 15 players, if it makes it past 1hr 50 it will be good. Definite pattern over the days that seems to be the make and the DOS box just hangs.