PDA

View Full Version : UK Patch is Up

BigPickle
04-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Its up on Steam UK now :)

BlackbusheFlyer
04-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Ah yes, just launched and see it is downloading an update. Great. I wonder if it contains anything new from the beta patch?

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Ahh great,thanks for the tip off BigPickle.

Flanker35M
04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
S!

D/L now, speed seems to vary a lot. Shall see if it is better than beta. I guess the team has maybe polished it a bit from beta.

Heinz Laube
04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
in germany, too

ubermachtig
04-18-2011, 04:45 PM
For those who don't live in the UK, connect to their STEAM server using:

Steam>Settings>Downloads + Cloud>Download Region UK

Lets suck their Internet dry!:)

Renny
04-18-2011, 04:47 PM
dloading at a reasonable rate lets hope we are even more suprised...the beta was a big jump to a better game....lets hope this is a bigger jump...;)

Viper2000
04-18-2011, 04:48 PM
The current patch contains the following changes:

MULTIPLAYER

* Added a new Steam Lobby feature to the Multiplayer section as an alternative to the existing server search. A lobby is a place for players to gather before joining or creating a server. The most important feature of a Lobby is that it allows one to join servers running on a non-public IP, bypassing network address translation. It will of course also allow you to send players to a public IP server just as well. When a lobby links to a public IP server, that server can be accessed both from the Lobby, or directly from the Server search. With a non-public IP, the only way to access a server is through a lobby. When running a dedicated server, the lobby host can link to it by pressing the Find Server button. Otherwise just press Play to create a new Server.
* Fixed certain aircraft flame and smoke effects not syncing when playing on-line and recording tracks.

GRAPHICS

* Made massive improvements to framerate in regards to the terrain engine. This will be most noticeable on machines with 4+ CPU cores.
* Made SSAO optional. It can be toggled on the fly with a checkbox in Video Options. Turning SSAO off will slightly decrease the graphical quality of the game while improving performance.
* Texture quality slider added to video options. The settings are Original (no change), High (reduced 2x), Medium (reduced 4x) and Low (reduced 8x). Lowering texture size will cause significant performance gain on lower-end machines at the expense of the graphic quality. Please not that the feature is smart enough not to downscale aircraft textures, so the most crucial components of the game will remain unaffected.
* Made sure that grass no longer grows through runways or roads.
* Re-enabled anti-aliasing on DirectX 9.

AIRCRAFT

* Completely removed overload assessment from carburetters. Rolls-Royce engines will now cut if overload is negative, and will not cut if it is positive. (old values were sneezing at .5G, and cut-out at .25 which we felt were dead on, but this apparently confused most of the players)
* When starting in mid-air, all gyro instruments will be spinned up so you don't have to wait for AH to get in shape, as well as course setters and DI set to actual heading for you.
* Reworked damage module to work dramatically faster when a plane is under heavy bullet bombardment.
* Elevator trim is now set close to neutral when starting in air.
* Returned the water splash when a plane plummets into the water.
* The Spitfire DM will no longer occasionally ignore detached rear fuselage.
* Changed WEP control feedback on Bf. 109. Rather than showing an 'On-Off' message, it now will show if it actually is switched on, and when it actually switches off.
* Fixed minor Bf. 109 damage visuals.
* Ju. 88 gear struts now break off gear well covers when they detach from the plane.
* Fixed missing power cords in Bf. 109 and Hurricane cockpits.
* Fixed visual issue with bullet holes in cockpit glass.
* Fixed issue with FW. 200 radiator flaps floating on detached engines.
* Fixed missing geometry on Spitfire's damaged right wing under the landing flap.
* Reworked movement of the Hurricane boost cut-out pull knob.
* Fixed minor Bf. 110 damage visuals.
* Propellers on detached motors will now appear stalled.
* An invisible mental force won't raise your landing flaps on the strip after you start the engine any more.
* Replaced every tachometer in every British and Italian plane with an electrical type, since some people find needle movement on the mechanical type not what they expected.
* Jammed and stuck motors won't budge when flying at high speed.
* Adjusted behavior of broken engines.
* Doubled quantity of air in Bf. 109 undercarriage emergency discharge containers. This makes it more likely that your emergency gear will have enough momentum to push the struts down till they lock.
* Landing flaps on Bf. 110 can now be ripped off only as whole, not in halves.
* Bf. 110 hydraulics pump is now driven by its right motor as it should.
* Fixed a bug with carburetor backfire always causing intake damage.
* New assessment causes less initial destruction to surrounding area when fuel storage explodes.
* New spectacular fuel storage explosions (blow up those large round cistern buildings around the map)
* Flames and heat from aerial fires will now make a plane catch fire, rather than break its parts.
* Fuel storage fires, on the contrary, will be more destructive.
* Implemented new getParameter() to AiAircraft interface to allow more access to aircraft state in mission scripts.

MISC

* Added four new benchmark tracks. The Black Death is the new version of the most famous track from Il-2. It will tax your system to the absolute limit.

We get a benchmarking track! Yay! :D

Renny
04-18-2011, 04:50 PM
a benchmark track good idea...at least we then get a set of good results from a mixture of setups

JumpingHubert
thanks for the benchmarktracks!

bongodriver
but we don't get the jumpy needles back :(

Renny
04-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Sorry my ignorance but where is the benchmark track??

303_Tees
04-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Yupi audio master slider added

JumpingHubert
04-18-2011, 05:00 PM
donĀ“t find the benchmarks too. Find a few words in the patchnotes.

Antialiasing still broken.

ubermachtig
04-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Also got issues finding the benchmarks, where are they?

Viper2000
04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm still downloading on my sloooooooooooooooow connection, so I have no idea unfortunately...

Maybe I'll find out in an hour or so; I just pulled the readme from the update news on Steam.

I'm really looking forward to the enhanced multi-threading. :D

Nepe_EAF51
04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
tracks:

steam folder\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\records

Renny
04-18-2011, 05:08 PM
To find benchmark browse to the records folder in STEAM folder not in your documents folder..Just ran it...it does ta the system...I got FPS of 22 to 60 depending on what was going on...settings at high to medium on my system

Renny
04-18-2011, 05:11 PM
A new Thread and discussion should be made to discuss results of the benchmark

Doc_uk
04-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Somebody tell me were on steam i download this?
ive got steam open, can see my Cliffs of dover game in my library, but i cant see no patch for it?
regards
Doc

palker4
04-18-2011, 05:14 PM
so they added a banchmark track thats nice. Now only if the track player would work that would be cool

PVT_Shepperd
04-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Somebody tell me were on steam i download this?
ive got steam open, can see my Cliffs of dover game in my library, but i cant see no patch for it?
regards
Doc

You cant download it yourself. It is starting automatically.

Doc_uk
04-18-2011, 05:17 PM
You cant download it yourself. It is starting automatically.
Well ive just clicked to play cliffs of dover, but it didnt download anything

danjama
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Disappointed to hear about the changes on gauges to be less authentic.

ubermachtig
04-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Disappointed to hear about the changes on gauges to be less authentic.

Same here mate, You should cast your vote in my thread so that we can make a strong voice considering this, in my opinion, big loss.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21667

ICDP
04-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Single digit FPS when you fly near a dock/industrial complex. Try flying over Le-Havre (free flight over Normand Mission) and see your FPS plumit, mine went from 26 to 8 with this patch.

Rattlehead
04-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Downloading the patch now...slightly nervous about this one.

Zappatime
04-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Does anyone else have a lot of silent engines in the xternal views (apart from the odd fighter engine), inside cockpit periods the engine sound is ok, but in the Black Death and the other 3 tracks the 110's and 111's are silent, guns and evrything else is audible but zilch on engine sounds:confused:

Kankkis
04-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Single digit FPS when you fly near a dock/industrial complex. Try flying over Le-Havre (free flight over Normand Mission) and see your FPS plumit, mine went from 26 to 8 with this patch.

Same problem was a betapatch.

Flanker35M
04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
S!

The Black Death has error messages in console, sounds missing and ultimately crashes my system. Other tracks run just fine.

Doc_uk
04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Does steam still download the patch, even if you installed the beta patch
because it still doesnt download anything when i click on cliffs of dover using steam
whats the lattest game version, i have 1.00.14101

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Yeah,you've got it Doc,that's the latest.:grin:

kristorf
Doc, thats the latest patch.
Steam will over right any beta stuff in there mate

Kankkis
because it still doesnt download anything when i click on cliffs of dover using steam

It's a latest, so you have it allready :)

=XIII=Shea
04-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Anyone else having problems with the sounds on The Black Death benchmark?????,also any ati users still geting the halo lines over the sea??:confused:

brando
04-18-2011, 05:41 PM

If your computer is on, your internet connection is open, and Steam is enabled then it just downloads any updates outstanding. If that's not to your taste then go to Steam/ Settings/ Interface and you can set it to only update when you want it to.

B

ubermachtig
04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Lol doc, that's indeed the new patch you've got installed, no worries;)

Triggaaar
04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
thanks for the benchmarktracks!+1

Really useful, although if it taxes your system it will scare the hell out of most people here

SDT_GrayFox
04-18-2011, 05:49 PM
can anyone upload the english Maddox.dll file i got russian version of the game. :(

BigPickle
04-18-2011, 05:50 PM
anyone spot anything new added in since the beta

Doc_uk
04-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Anyone else having problems with the sounds on The Black Death benchmark?????,also any ati users still geting the halo lines over the sea??:confused:

Thanks for all the help guys lol
also how do you get the The Black Death benchmark to work?
regards
Doc

Maltus
04-18-2011, 06:00 PM

Same here, dont playable at low altitude near industrial complex, plus block lego buildings. All is fine over water and land (no citys).

Think developers have no time to change nothing important from beta release. Hope they take a look at those problems for the next patch.

Triggaaar
04-18-2011, 06:00 PM
AMD 6970 still stuck at 500 MGHz which is my main problem.

I couldn't see the black death track, not sure where it is yet

Triggaaar
04-18-2011, 06:02 PM
can anyone upload the english Maddox.dll file i got russian version of the game. :(Unless you can get 1C to say they're happy for us to do this, you really need to buy the English version. As it is I don't think you're allowed to use the Russian version outside of Russia.

ATAG_Bliss
04-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Well MP is somehow borked more than before. Instead of getting 20 minutes using the dedicated software before a crash. Now it might happen in seconds :(

Devastat
04-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Buildings still look like big squares over London in my Radeon 6970. :(

skouras
04-18-2011, 06:11 PM
disappointed to hear about the changes on gauges to be less authentic.

yeap me too

Raggz
04-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks to the dev team for the patch but i'm quite disappointed that the radio commands wasn't fixed.

Also, new master sound slider added in audio. Performance is good now for me but the tracks provided has major sound issues. No sound issues when playing missions though.

Tvrdi
04-18-2011, 06:13 PM
again its better (better FPS and less stutters) but vsync is still not working...also would like to see fps limiter; both would make my sim smoother im sure....cause i have high avg fps even over england..before was unplayable...

BadgerSmedly
04-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Well I've no issues up to now, but when I go in and run a quick mission I get a 'Launcher has stopped working' error when the missions is about 20% loaded.

*** Edit: I've just tested with no AA and everything down to medium and I'm still getting the same error ***

Any ideas?

Thanks

Badger

BobTuck
04-18-2011, 06:29 PM
anyone spot anything new added in since the beta

Yeah, the constant looping sound of the landing gear has now been removed, so when you turn off the engine - silence! Ahhh!

Also would like to say the patch has improved my frame-rates a lot (I just flew a constant blistering speed of 50 fps at rooftop height over Deal on full detail at 1680x1050) :grin:

Great going devs!!

BobTuck.

SEE
04-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Downloaded but cannot see any tracks.....:confused:

Hunger
04-18-2011, 06:37 PM
The experimental Bofors-Dude

In the black death track

steveg
04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
I can see the track files in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\records

folder but they do not show up in the game. i.e on the Track Select screen I have one button named Select and Another named Exit and no tracks to select ?

Does anyone know how to get them to play ?

Tvrdi
04-18-2011, 06:47 PM
just noticed that i can fly through trees without crashing into them....eek

GOZR
04-18-2011, 06:48 PM
No track either ! ? humm

kristorf
04-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Copy/paste the tracks from the Steam folder into the records in my documents, they show in game then.

Dunno, but I think the AA has been sorted as well (dx10), everything looks a lot sharper now

skouras
04-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Copy/paste the tracks from the Steam folder into the records in my documents, they show in game then.

Dunno, but I think the AA has been sorted as well (dx10), everything looks a lot sharper now

the AA on DX10 it still the same
only for DX9 available

Zappatime
04-18-2011, 06:54 PM
I can see the track files in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\records

folder but they do not show up in the game. i.e on the Track Select screen I have one button named Select and Another named Exit and no tracks to select ?

Does anyone know how to get them to play ?

Goto the Tracks menu screen, click 'Select' a standard windows type explorer screen should pop-up and by default will be looking for tracks in your 'user/documents/1csoftclub/cod/records' directory, which is where COD saves any of your own tracks. Navigate in this pop-up window to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\records folder and select the Black Death track, there should be 3 other track files listed along with the BD track file as well to try.

malazan147
04-18-2011, 06:56 PM
it's a useless piece of ******* XXXX

guiltyspark
04-18-2011, 06:56 PM

this guy still runs windows vista

steveg
04-18-2011, 06:57 PM

Did that and re-started the game, still no tracks in the list ?

Zappatime
04-18-2011, 07:01 PM
The tracks in the patch including the Black Death don't play the engine sounds of anything but the 'player's' aircraft (the Hurricane)..

I just tried recording a new track and when playing it back there's definitely a bug with missing engine sounds on all the aircraft in the track - except your own aircraft , where in-cockpit and for any external view its engine sounds are heard ok.

All the radio, hit, explosion and gun sounds for all planes appear to be ok, just these missing non-player aircraft engine sounds :(

squidgyb
04-18-2011, 07:01 PM

...constructive. :rolleyes:

Personally, this patch has again increased framerate and reduced stuttering over cities massively. Still some issues in industrial areas (try flying around in the France freeflight quick mission) and many tree/structure hitboxes are still missing, AI flying is mental - but in general, there's a lot of bugfixing here, and speed improvements.

I'm quite enjoying this bi-weekly game of whack-a-bug the devs are playing at the mo, each release is fixing the game up piece by piece.

Roll on the next one! :D

steveg
04-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Goto the Tracks menu screen, click 'Select' a standard windows type explorer screen should pop-up and by default will be looking for tracks in your 'user/documents/1csoftclub/cod/records' directory, which is where COD saves any of your own tracks. Navigate in this pop-up window to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\records folder and select the Black Death track, there should be 3 other track files listed along with the BD track file as well to try.
Thanks for the help.

When I click the Select button I do not get a pop-up appearing.

I tried unchecking full screen on the video options thinking that this may fix it, but it did not.

JG52Uther
04-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Online is broken. Please developers for the love of God make this thing Hyperlobby compatible!

GOZR
04-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Yes kristorf but LOL.. didn't press the select button... dhuu! ;)

palker4
04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
7-9 FPS over water at low altitude. cannot say that is an improvement game run lot of better with just mods and 1st patch. I will try to fidle lower the settings bit maybe that will help.

Steuben
04-18-2011, 07:20 PM
getting back to beta patch! Current patch made it worse for me. Less fps and more stuttering. Not good!

Amd 1055T 6 core 2,8 Ghz@3.3Ghz, 5870 1Gb, 8 Gb DDR Corsair ram

Viper2000
04-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Massive performance improvement here; better performance in 1080p than I had in 720p before the patch.

Radio chatter text is bugged (so it names punctuation marks instead of displaying them), and I still have missing sound files. Attempts to command my flight effectively remain futile.

Engine misfires still preclude high altitude flight.

Merlin negative g cut is now dramatically less extreme, but recovery produces no black smoke, which is a shame. Hopefully further improvements will be made in future patches; it is currently possible to spend a long time at small reduced positive g without ill effect, which doesn't tally with the source material.

I was rather surprised by the Spitfire Ia DM. I got hit in the oil cooler; there was a very substantial oil leak.

However, oil pressure in the cockpit remained constant. After perhaps 2-3 minutes the visible oil leak stopped. Perhaps 5 minutes after that, oil temperature started to climb and oil pressure fell away to zero.

This struck me as fairly optimistic; surely the oil will keep visibly leaking until there's sufficiently little left for the engine instruments to show that there's a problem? I guess it may be time to try to find some oil pump data to facilitate an estimate of how long it should take to empty the system...

It also struck me that the engine lasted rather longer than I'd expect without oil.

Bearing temperatures should start to rise about 15 seconds after oil supply failure; but seizure would be almost instantaneous if air got into the oil system.

So this struck me as being somewhat optimistic, especially as I'd also suffered a water jacket failure (there was quite a big hole in the cowling).

I had to blow the gear down with the emergency system (which worked extremely well). It was satisfying to make a successful glide landing.

I noticed with some interest that it was still possible for me to select coarse pitch on the way down despite the oil pressure having fallen off the bottom of the scale.

The visual model for the Ia still depicts the Rotol spinner.

However, all in all the rate of improvement is impressive.

ChocsAway
04-18-2011, 07:32 PM
getting back to beta patch! Current patch made it worse for me. Less fps and more stuttering. Not good!

Amd 1055T 6 core 2,8 Ghz@3.3Ghz, 5870 1Gb, 8 Gb DDR Corsair ram

Same for me. I'll be going back to the last beta. Not even smooth over the sea now and more stuttering over the land!

BadgerSmedly
04-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Well I've no issues up to now, but when I go in and run a quick mission I get a 'Launcher has stopped working' error when the missions is about 20% loaded.

*** Edit: I've just tested with no AA and everything down to medium and I'm still getting the same error ***

Any ideas?

Thanks

Badger

I had a corrupt file. Ran the Steam integrity check and it reinstalled the offending file and all is now working!! :grin:

Badger

Rattlehead
04-18-2011, 07:40 PM

Same here. :(

Triggaaar
04-18-2011, 07:58 PM
you all still live in denial. It will take several few days or week to realize that this "sim" is broken beyond any imagination... One bug will be solved - two more will jump up. It is not game with huge potential, it is just broken alpha version.Each week the game gets faster and better, I have no idea what you're whining about.

Just hire Ketegys or someone who can help you survive US release, or you are bust.Ketegys showed us how much faster the game will run without SSAO, and that's been implemented in the latest patch, which speeds up the game. I'm at max settings (except SSAO) with 40+ fps while shooting at bombers over London. Obviously a lot of people aren't getting these speeds, but it makes it difficult to understand your belief that this is just a broken alpha version. You just seem like a child having a tantrum.

Flanker35M
04-18-2011, 07:59 PM
S!

Ran successfully Black Death track and got following results using 1920x1200 60Hz, SSAO/EpiFilter Off, Shadows and grass OFF, everything else High or Very High.

Minimum: 17fps (stuttered as loading something)
Maximum: 119fps
Average: 49fps

Trying to get the error message from console, logging on should get it?

JG14_Jagr
04-18-2011, 08:00 PM

You got patched when you were not looking :) You can go to library, then right click the game and in the properties tab you can select to see the update history..

Strike
04-18-2011, 08:00 PM
the game now runs perfectly for me. So much I started the brit campaign! Having a LOT of fun with it. Spectacular immersion at the moment. Whilst shooting 110's over the channel, I caught a stray bullet in my L/H wingroot that ruptured my fueltank, spilling it all over the plane for 2 seconds before igniting into flames. I slammed my throttle forward and decreased prop pitch as I dove desperately to put out the flames. As speed increased I could see the fire diminishing until it was out, only now smoking. I quickly climbed up to higher alt and set course for home, checking my six constantly whilst monitoring fuel tank contents. My L/H fuel tank was draining rapidly, apparently there was still some minor fire going on inside my tank as smoke kept pouring out of my left wing. My plane was getting heavier and heavier on the Right wing and without aileron trim I had to constantly put left roll into the stick. As I was making my way towards Tangmere about 3000ft above the channel, my engine started coughing and oil filled up my windscreen! YIKES! What was happening? I opened the canopy and leaned my head out left and right looking for engine damage, and there it was! A few of my exhaust stacks were spewing out yellow flames and black smoke. My engine must have been damaged along with the fire or stray bullets. As I tried to ease the strain on my engine I realized it wasn't going to last, and I was right. About 10 seconds later the plane shook violently, the RPM's bottomed and the plane was dead silent. I was now a glider. Looking desperately out of my canopy for Tangmere I could barely make out the hills north of the field on the horizon and it dawned on me I would not make it back. I barely made it to dry land and tried to lower flaps. No response.. I tried positioning the lever in flaps down and operating the hand-pump... still no joy, then as my altimeter and airspeed sunk and I was now at about 1000ft and sinking I set my gear selector to gears down and started pumping like mad. I saw the left hand uplock light go dark and kept pumping. Whilst looking into the cockpit to operate the pump I had to keep taking peeks up, because I was starting to get seriously close to the ground. The L/H downlock light finally came on and the R/H uplock light went black. Come on!! Come on!!! I thought as I could now see treetops in the corner of my eye as I was pumping... THERE! Finally both gear down and locked. I quickly made out the best location to land (found a field about 200ft below me to my 9 o clock) and sideslipped my hurricane into the field. I kept looking out to my 8 o clock as I flared to see my shadow creeping slowly towards me, and as my shadow and I merged I heard a thud and I was now rolling... It was rough terrain and my right wing slammed into the dirt, tearing the wingtip off. I kept toe-stepping my brakes until it stabilized and finally after much work, I came to a complete halt. I re-checked my aircraft, saw that the smoke from my wing was now gone and felt a slight relief as the ingame text said I had crash-landed. I could see the rest of my flight passing overhead in the early morning sun as I sat there in a field about 10 miles away from Tangmere.

Great experience!

danjama
04-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Same here mate, You should cast your vote in my thread so that we can make a strong voice considering this, in my opinion, big loss.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21667

Done. 150+ vs 6. That's what they call a confused "community"? 6 people? (quoting from readme posted page 1 of course).

Ridiculous.

[RS]Boomer
04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I had the Beta patch over the weekend, it worked wonderfully. Now that I have the official patch, all my trees have disapeared, no matter what setting I have them on. Anyone else get this? Other than that, It was a nice performance increase for me.

AMD X4 965 BE
1x4gb Corsair DDR3
GTX 460 SE
Win 7 professional 64

Flanker35M
04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
S!

Found this in debug.txt "[0409/000529:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(930)] Critical error found -8". Still trying to locate where game stores it's own log files..I have logging on. Below part of the error message as I could not find logs.txt :(

"System.IO.DirectoryNoFoundException:Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\-5109237150473004265.jpg'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 error code, String maybefullPath)..."

TheGrunch
04-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Flanker, logs are stored in %USERPROFILE%/My Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/log.txt as long as your conf.ini has the lines LOG=1 and LOGKEEP=1 in conf.ini in the same directory. :) Without LOGKEEP=1 the log gets deleted on exit I think.

Flanker35M
04-18-2011, 08:30 PM
S!

Grunch, got those settings enabled, still no logs.txt :( There is also LOGTIME..wonder if it affects too?

Flanker35M
04-18-2011, 08:34 PM
S!

Got it ;) Here is the error text I get in Black Death track while bringing up the console..

------------ BEGIN log session -------------

=================================================
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\-5109237150473004265.jpg'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at rEy6wuhmPtyURQ2AHSw.EQ5cHEh5gNPyQ9CjMq1.6Pe6xsTQsp o(jZQZHLM34i1XJE3U9R8 , String , String )
=================================================
Load landscape...
Load bridges
LongBridge: wrong width. (3)
Load static objects...
Battle starting...ok
-------------- END log session -------------

Lurker
04-18-2011, 08:34 PM
So keep it as it is, just an opinion, and don't tell us it's the truth.

Steuben
04-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Ok now i know whats wrong! Problem is my ATI 5870 is not running fullspeed

It stays at 400 GPU clock and 900 vram clock! It should be a 870 gpu clock and 1240 vram clock!

Flanker35M
04-18-2011, 08:53 PM
S!

Steuben, enable AMD Overdrive from CCC and overclock your card a few MHz. Good to go after that :)

Gollum
04-18-2011, 09:21 PM
So is the multiplayer really "more broken"? Honestly the only thing in IL 2 I play so if its working even less than it was all the good in this patch will sit until the next patch.... reallyy???? Ide have no problem being patient but I would have waited until this game was working to buy a new computer if I knew it was gona be useless for the first few months it was out. I hope they get mp working soon so i dont feel like an idiot (prolly should anyway but waited since they announced this game years ago) for buying a new computer now when i could have gotten a better one for the same price in a few months.

Damn computer tech gets better every week.

FIX Multiplayer please!!

Steuben
04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks flanker for the advice but will not work for me since i got an Saphire 5870 1 GB Vapor-x which is overclocked in bios by the producer of the card! Unfortunatly i cant run it at these overclock settings gpu 875 and vram 1250! It will crash if i try that! So i cant overclock any further! Infact i have to run it at slightly lower settings! ATI Tray tool doesnt work with launcher exe either!

Iam really starting to get pissed off with this game!

Ataros
04-18-2011, 10:14 PM
ATI Tray tool doesnt work with launcher exe either!

Iam really starting to get pissed off with this game!

ATT works for my 4890.
1st go to hardware overclocking settings and create a profile for your desired (default) clocks.

Then go to Game Profiles and create one for Launcher setting your overclocking profile to load in hardware tab.

The settings will load automatically when you start CoD.

You may also try ATI Override 5 in Hardware settings.

Triggaaar
04-18-2011, 10:20 PM
I am not whining sir, I am just telling the truth. It is always one step forward, two backwards... Three patches in three weeks and still so many bugs and errors - and it is not only about FPS and stutters.Yes there are bugs, plenty of them.

But I know, you must be all patient as this sim has a great potential. OK. Just do it, but let me express my opinion by the way.Those with the most luck at the moment still have a lot of bugs, and those less fortunate can't run it at all, so I do understand people's frustration. My objection with your earlier post is that it wasn't saying you are frustrated, or that you feel the game should have been fixed before release, it's that you said:

"you all still live in denial. It will take several few days or week to realize that this "sim" is broken beyond any imagination..."
"It is not game with huge potential, it is just broken alpha version."

You are now saying you believe it has great potential, which is very different to what you said earlier.

Triggaaar
04-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Ok now i know whats wrong! Problem is my ATI 5870 is not running fullspeed

It stays at 400 GPU clock and 900 vram clock! It should be a 870 gpu clock and 1240 vram clock!

ATI Tray tool doesnt work with launcher exe either!
I currently have it working with ATI Tools. Not automatically via launcher, but manually each time I load. A short term solution I hope.
See this thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20873&page=3)

maxwellbest
04-18-2011, 10:35 PM
the game now runs perfectly for me. So much I started the brit campaign! Having a LOT of fun with it. Spectacular immersion at the moment. Whilst shooting 110's over the channel, I caught a stray bullet in my L/H wingroot that ruptured my fueltank, spilling it all over the plane for 2 seconds before igniting into flames.

We need more posts like this. To read these boards, you would think flight simmers are a bunch of manic depressives or the like. Each patch has made this sim more playable. Some of the effects are just draw dropping. And its clearly getting better and better.

krz9000
04-18-2011, 10:51 PM
lol who ever created that gui deserves the darwin award. its so ... so ....special. i never have been in russia, and i know they lived behind the iron curtain for a long time,...but i cant believe a designer can get through to release with something like that. brr

Steuben
04-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Tried the thing with the tray tool but it does not work for me! It says when starting launcher exe that the ATI driver has stopped working and was reseted. When i load up single mission it crashes! i give up for now!

PLebre
04-18-2011, 11:12 PM
NM

gonk
04-19-2011, 07:25 AM
thx for the patch... nice to see they added a volume slider in for VOICE and GAME... Too bad it was not for real voice... too many ppl rely on Team speak.

It runs very good for me now.. with a large lag spike when I enter new terrain... The mirror is still useless and is a big fps hit... about 15.. I go from 45 to 60 when I turn it off....

It would be nice to be able to map a key to a quick record.... just to get the dog fight shots.. Also for the servers with full realism.. Would be nice if there was an option for viewing your plane only and only when you are on the ground... Just to check out all the bullets marks... :). I don't have the map every bullet on for nothing.. lol.

Would like to double map a axis to the brakes... one for total brakes.. and the same axis a left or right brake... Having a key for brakes make me nose over....

-ve g... needs to be something in between what was first given and what is provided now.. Maybe set to the original values but add a lag to the effect... IE has to be sustained 0.25 g for 3 - 5 secs.. etc. I am sure they will work it out...

The MP GIU needs tweaking.. please try and make it all fit on one page... the slider is a tad inconvenient.

Overall, I feel the game for me is at a release stage.. thanks for the quick fixes.

Skissors
04-19-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm unable to see the tracks in the track menu, I have copied the tracks files to the record in my documents as well as the original steam folder and still no luck. I have turned off cloud as well.
Every now and again i lose my keyboard/realism/Video settings . I copy all the .ini files i have when its working, so when I do lose them I copy them all back.
But it doesn't change it back, it keeps the default and I have to change it manualy.

I have no Idea where COD is pulling all these magical settings from.

Anybody have any ideas :)

garengarch
04-19-2011, 08:39 AM
put me on the 'no tracks visible' list as well :(

Triggaaar
04-19-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm unable to see the tracks in the track menu, I have copied the tracks files to the record in my documents as well as the original steam folder and still no luck.Once you've copied them and started the game, go to tracks (there will be no list yet) and click 'select' which brings up a windows box showing the files you copied (it shows you the location they should be in too).

Every now and again i lose my keyboard/realism/Video settings . I copy all the .ini files i have when its working, so when I do lose them I copy them all back.Where do you copy them to? I think you should be copying them into the relevant folder withing the 1Csoftclub directory.

garengarch
04-19-2011, 08:45 AM
put me on the 'no tracks visible' list as well :(

my bad - I had aero disabled

Skissors
04-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Once you've copied them and started the game, go to tracks (there will be no list yet) and click 'select' which brings up a windows box showing the files you copied (it shows you the location they should be in too).

Where do you copy them to? I think you should be copying them into the relevant folder withing the 1Csoftclub directory.

Thanks for the reply,

I have tried that and select doesn't do anything. I have select and exit and only exit works.

I copy them (.ini) to both the steam il2 folder overwriting the original and to the 1csoftclub overwriting those ones as well.

Also save as and load in the control menu do nothing as well.

Skissors
04-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Wow turnung Aero back on makes my buttons now work, for select and save as .

Thanks for the help. Garengarch and Triggaar

BigC208
04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
7-9 FPS over water at low altitude. cannot say that is an improvement game run lot of better with just mods and 1st patch. I will try to fidle lower the settings bit maybe that will help.

@Palker4, Try overclocking your cpu. I' running a core2 duo 6600 overclocked from 2.4 to 3.4ghz. I get 20-25 fps over water 6 vs 6 dogfights. My settings are:
md-h
bd-vl
ld-m
f-l
ve-m
tq-m
tq-m
dd-m
ba-l
ls-l
Grass, roads and shadows are off. Shadows a real fps killer for my 8800gts640mb graphics card. Grass simply does not show up so I turned it off. After doing battle over sea the fps is around 17fps when I'm over land and 15 fps when landing. Before the patch, at above settings I could not fly over land, period. No stutters at all. When I turn the cockpit off it jumps up another 10fps.