PDA

View Full Version : BUG - memory leak with dedicated server and beta

PaulWF
04-17-2011, 02:24 PM
I run the Angels and Airspeed server and have noticed that the server is becoming unresponsive after a while.

I found that launcher.exe process maxes out assignable memory at the 1.8x gig.

i did not see this sort of behaviour pre-patch but cannot confirm that it didnt exist either.

It also seems that player abandoned aircraft are cluttering up airfields, sometimes it gets to the point that there's not much space to takr off safely.

Jwam
04-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi Paul !

Dunno for the mem, as my server has never reached such an amount of usage.

Concerning the abandoned aircrafts, you may look at these posts :

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=264754&postcount=1

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=262359&postcount=2

In the first post, you'll find a script which will delete planes left by players.
In the second post, you'll find a way for your airfields to remain clean :)

Thee_oddball
04-17-2011, 05:31 PM
I run the Angels and Airspeed server and have noticed that the server is becoming unresponsive after a while.

I found that launcher.exe process maxes out assignable memory at the 1.8x gig.

i did not see this sort of behaviour pre-patch but cannot confirm that it didnt exist either.

It also seems that player abandoned aircraft are cluttering up airfields, sometimes it gets to the point that there's not much space to takr off safely.
look at post #8 that is what i found while looking for the reason i was getting those error codes
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=192

S!

5-in-50
04-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks for a great server (Angels and Airspeed)!

LeadFarmer
04-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Mine goes through about 3gigs and crashes. Tnis mew patch seems to have fixed random crashes. We just need go have memory leak fixed which I think was there before this new patch.

Thee_oddball
04-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Mine goes through about 3gigs and crashes. Tnis mew patch seems to have fixed random crashes. We just need go have memory leak fixed which I think was there before this new patch.

ditto each new player adds 10 megs of ram to what the launcher is using...but whne the player leaves the launcher does not release the extra ram...just keeps climbing :(

I fyou are using the channel map the launcher uses 150 more megs of ram right from the get go....i stoped using it because i was getting some kinda wierd interface lag were i could not creat a plane for about a minute and half after joining server.

also the AI can jump the bandwidth from 50 to 150 kbps more when in use

PaulWF
04-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for a great server (Angels and Airspeed)!

Problem is I can't keep the server up at this rate with the crashing issues etc.

I am hosting Ghost Skies on the same machine, and I can have 100 players for the 90 minute session and it uses about 1.5 gig in bandwidth.

This server, with the AI and the freakishly high traffic per client in COD and I can run 5 gig of traffic with maybe 2 dozen people coming and going over a couple of hours.

Some SERIOUS work needs to be put into the online multiplayer code - I'd call it alpha-state at the moment - not even the features are there yet.

For those paying for their bandwidth (the colocation facility gives me the rack space and limited bandwidth in return for the clientele I provide them) running a public COD server as it is right now is simply not feasible.