PDA

View Full Version : Biggest noob in nato needs help!

muzza1875
04-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey guys i need a little help to get me off the runway.

I can fly missions where i start in the air and have no problems flying or shooting down aircraft.I only just found out how to start engine and was having a hard time trying to get it going as there wasn't really any in game tuts.
I am having trouble trying to take off and i don't know which key i am supposed to be using to actually takeoff after speeding down the runway ,was wondering if anyone can help me out?

I don't have a joystick(getting one next week) I'm currently using my old Xbox controller and am using the right analog stick to go upward downwards/left and right when playing missions that start off in mid air, but when trying to finish my training ( first solo flight) i cannot get off the ground when pushing the analog stick.Is there another key i should be using instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

muzza1875
04-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks for your help, i can now takeoff the runway however i barely reach 20ft and come crashing back down, i get about enough time to lift wheels ect up but then i fall back down to the ground.

You have any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

robtek
04-17-2011, 05:38 PM
The lift-off speed for the Bf109E is arond 165 km/h, the brit planes (spit and hurri) lift even sooner with their bigger wings.
You have to trim a bit tail heavy.
In full real your tires will blow above 200 km/h (at least in the 110 they do) -> nose over.

whoarmongar
04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
IN A SPIT IIA

Take off, damned if i know just ease the stick fwd a bit, once the tails up, let it run across the ground for a bit and pull up a bit. stay low to pick up speed and your off, landing a spits a little bit trickier but the hurricane is a lot easier i think dunno why .
Dont start climb till 140
Max climb @160
normal climb @185

If you spin (and you will) attain 150 before recovery
loop min speed 250 ish
Roll nose up a bit min speed 180
Max dive 450

please note these figures from pilots notes, not tested in game.

muzza1875
04-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks for your help i successfully took off for the first time earlier!
Going to practice my takeoffs + landings now :)

Cheers