PDA

View Full Version : In Game Graphics and Settings for my ATI HD5970 ETC.

MegOhm
04-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Maybe this will help someone

I DL the Sim Thursday night, Patched next day with the Beta Parts folder replacement. Went to 1st flight to purchase and did the dl thru Steam cuz I got tired of waiting, May 24th way too long!

I ran the default settings the game gave me and did not touch my card, it was on my profile for A10 C. Everything looked great. I decided to make a few changes and here they are. COD is running smooth, no stutters and I am satisfied at this point. This is not to say there are not issues. I do see some graphics anomalies like a tile line here or there around some islands, but those are funky maps anyway. I think those are just sloppy graphics in the Sim.

Getting in a plane in MP

I do have a little trouble in multiplayer getting my curser on plane tags on the map to get in a plane. The rest of my teammates seem to have no issue. The plane labels flash up but do not stay on so I can click on them, it is trial and error until I get lucky.

Sound Controls (lack of)

Have to turn down sounds in windows speaker mixer (system tray) in win 7 cuz there are no in game controls. Must have game running to do this.

In game screen Text

Chat, messages, radio chatter etc. The text on the upper left and red text upper right are annoying. Looking for how to turn this off. I did do the text fix from Buchon found here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21288

This helped but text still covers the command list and you can't read them. At least I know 4. is Help Me!

Update: Hold left alt key and right click on the text box, menu appears and you can close the text boxes. You can do this on left text and right text. Clear screen if that is what you want!
Other than these small problems, I am loving it. No real complaints. I would post my FPS but haven't gotten around to finding how to bring it up. Only had this a day and a half. Based on the performance and all it must be good.

One more thing, disappointed in the numer of multiplayer missions. 4 Dogfights and 1 coop? geeeze

Hope someone is building some MP missions soon!!!

I have had Zero crashes to date. And have hosted 8-10 players in MP

The settings below are working great for me, I believe I can still turn more to high. BTW, no overclocking on my CPU or 5970.

[B]ATI 5970 Card Settings:
AA: Now 4X Box (Changed from 8X)
AF: Now 16X Changed from Use App Preference)
Tessellazation: Off
CAT AI: Set to Performance with Enable Surface Format Optimization Checked
MipMap Detail Level: High Quality
Vertical Refresh: Always Off
AA Mode: Quality, Super Sample AA
OpenGL: Triple Buffering Checked

In Game Settings
Resolution: 1920X1080 60 Hz
Full Screen
(Show Advanced)
Model Detail: High
Buildings Detail: Medium
Land Detail: High
Forest: Low
Visual Effects: High
Texture Quality: High
AA: Off
Anti Epilepsy: OFF
SSAO: Off
Damage Decals: High
Buildings Amount: Medium
Land Shading: Now Medium (Changed from Low)
Grass: On
Shadows: On
Roads: Off

Mirror: On looks fine now no apparant FPS hit

Checked Config.ini and noted the ProcessAffinityMask = 2 so we are pushing to second core? Is that good enough? I dont know much about that. why not to 3, 4 5, or 6 in my case?

Regards All,

MegOhm

Intel Core i7-980X Extreme(12MB L2 Cache, 3.33GHz), 12GB DDR3 SDRAM,1333MHZ, 6x2GB, ATI Radeon HD5970, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, 2TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, 52" Panasonic Plasma, Logitech G930 wireless Surround Sound Headset, TM H.O.T.A.S.

BigPickle
04-17-2011, 08:48 AM
ProcessAffinityMask = 15, that uses 4 cores. (dont ask me about the strange numbering, cant help there but 15 for 4 cores is the most i think at the moment.

MegOhm
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
ProcessAffinityMask = 15, that uses 4 cores. (dont ask me about the strange numbering, cant help there but 15 for 4 cores is the most i think at the moment.
Thanks BP,

This is what your running? Do you have to delete the ; in front of the command line? Any noticable performance change?

MegOhm

Ataros
04-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks BP,

Do you have to delete the ; in front of the command line?

Yes.

Have to turn down sounds in windows speaker mixer (system tray) in win 7 cuz there are no in game controls.
Fixed in todays patch.

Getting in a plane in MP

SHift-F2 or CTL-F2 to select desired plane. ALT-F1 to get into it's cockpit.

If you meat map labels look for Spawn area label, not aircraft one. It's a bit buggy, report it in bugs pls to get it corrected quicker.