PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations based on specs.....

Mattius
04-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Definite improvement with latest Patch. Playable except around cities. Odd launcher crash. FPS over 20 now in country. Still quite stuttery in large towns. London just about flyable but obvious filling in of textures in front of me. CPU Usage is <60% on my system with Dual Core & Hyperthreading. GPU load appears to be 100%, (see Sig). Need to get better CPU optimization, (or is it that my GPU is bottlenecking my CPU?????)

Or is it i'm deceiving myself with such a weak PC. (It wasn't till now!)

Which settings would best suit my system to get better FPS without losing too much quality? Would it be better to tweak catalyst settings & then change some of the below? I am unable to upgrade at this time so please don't take me down that route!

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm starting to like this game.........;)

Especially now that I dropped resolution to 1024x600. FPS norm above 25, over small towns & country 30-40 !! (NOt quite so pretty but now able to turn some settings up.) :grin:

Model Detail - High
Buildings Detail - Very Low
Land Detail - Medium
Forests - Off
Visual Effects - Medium
Texture Quality - High
Damage Decal - Medium
Buildings Amount - Low
Land Shading - Low
Grass - Off
Shadows - Off
Roads - On

2 x AA, 1280 x 720, SSAO OFF.

undpilot87
04-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Did a new patch come out today? What version of the game are you currently running?

335th_GRAthos
04-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Use GPU-Z to see how hard your GPU is being used

Unfortunately you have dual core + Hyperthreading so four cores virtually but only two in reality.
60% of four cores means that your two real cores hae reached their limit already ;-)

The new patch (beta) is givig good use to Quad cores, unfortunately you can not benefit from it.

You need to start experimenting.

And forget London for the time being... this will be fun in a few years time, when the HW wll be available for it.

Oldschool61
04-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Definite improvement with Patch. Playable except around cities. Odd launcher crash. FPS over 20 now in country. Still quite stuttery in towns. London just about flyable but obvious filling in of textures in front of me. CPU Usage is <60% on my system with Dual Core & Hyperthreading. Need to get better CPU optimization, (or is it that my GPU is bottlenecking my CPU?????)

Which settings would best suit my system to get better FPS without losing too much quality? Would it be better to tweak catalyst settings & then change some of the below? I am unable to upgrade at this time so please don't take me down that route!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Model Detail - High
Buildings Detail - Very Low
Land Detail - Medium
Forests - Off
Visual Effects - Medium
Texture Quality - High
Damage Decal - Medium
Buildings Amount - Low
Land Shading - Low
Grass - Off
Shadows - Off
Roads - On

2 x AA, 1280 x 720, SSAO OFF.

Turn OFF 2x AA and look into lowering your resolution a little more. Turn off shadows, shadows have always been an fps killer in games.

Mattius
04-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks... Updated signature with GPU-Z findings. 100%? usage of GPU Core 550, Memory 800. Don't think there's much room for tweaking. :(

Thee_oddball
04-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks... Updated signature with GPU-Z findings. 100%? usage of GPU Core 550, Memory 800. Don't think there's much room for tweaking. :(

i have a 5750 and mine was also maxed at %100 and 75C clk 820 mem 1325

with an avg fps of 45 in a 15 plane quick mission :) much better fps in DF server :)
1050x1440 rez
settings:
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=0
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=2
LandDetails=0
Sky=3
Forest=1
VisibilityDistance=3
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=1
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=-1
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=2
EffFlags.SWLight=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=0
MeshStatics=2
MeshStaticsDetail=1
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0
TexFlags.FastTransparency=1

senseispcc
04-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Now that the new patch is disponible; all my settings are high or very high if possible or even higher like unlimited.

Now my PC cxan give the best of the system.