PDA

View Full Version : Server net replicate time

LeadFarmer
04-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Seems to be crashing the server each time it reaches over 12000 also has anyone figured out the maxping and how to set it. There were 40 people at one point.
High pings seem to crash it as well :confused:

Thee_oddball
04-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Seems to be crashing the server each time it reaches over 12000 also has anyone figured out the maxping and how to set it. There were 40 people at one point.
High pings seem to crash it as well :confused:

interesting...i was wondering what that was, hopefully there will be a ping feature in the next update.

My server was running fine for over 7 hours but then i turned around and it was done with no error message this time :(

I see a weird message some times after some one picks a plane...they leave but all i see is "Rage quit" have u seen this?

p.s does "net replicate time" mean sync with server? ....

Thee_oddball
04-16-2011, 02:57 AM
when did your server crash? out posts our only 15 mins apart?
mine just crashed in the last 1/2 hour

LeadFarmer
04-16-2011, 03:10 AM
It crashes when net replicate time reaches just over 12000. I just restarted as I saw steam prompted me to update itself. It will crash just like yours does. No error msg. You'll notice that the cmd window does not display any updates it just sits there as if paused.

Thee_oddball
04-16-2011, 03:19 AM
I think some of this is happening because the dedicated software we a re using is still "tied " to the core game...we need the real! stand alone dedicated software that is not tied to steam DRM...

S!

LeadFarmer
04-16-2011, 03:33 AM
I hope that they will cut steam loose from the dedicated server :grin:

Blackrat
04-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Our server crashes at all sorts of net replicate time, not sure if we ever got to 12000 LOL.

Updated the steam client today it was talking about better network connections, not sure if that will affect games or just the steam client.

I think Rage quit is when someone just quits the game rather than exiting the server first and like you there is no error the DOS box just seems to hang when the server crashes, I can still get a prompt but it doesn't want to do anything.

Thee_oddball
04-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Our server crashes at all sorts of net replicate time, not sure if we ever got to 12000 LOL.

Updated the steam client today it was talking about better network connections, not sure if that will affect games or just the steam client.

I think Rage quit is when someone just quits the game rather than exiting the server first and like you there is no error the DOS box just seems to hang when the server crashes, I can still get a prompt but it doesn't want to do anything.

this the first time that happened to me, i woke up to check server to find a bunch of people had joined but i could not get the "host " function to work and then the DOS box just stopped responding and the CPU was at %100 and the launcher was using 300 megs of ram it self.
" Can't use keys or values with a " " did some one not clean up there code?...that fills my whole screen sometimes :(

Jwam
04-16-2011, 03:40 PM
I've got the exact same problem. I'm actually testing the server with different oses and parameters.

It seems that I've got alot more of these errors while hosting on server 2008.

PaulWF
04-17-2011, 02:26 PM
this the first time that happened to me, i woke up to check server to find a bunch of people had joined but i could not get the "host " function to work and then the DOS box just stopped responding and the CPU was at %100 and the launcher was using 300 megs of ram it self.
" Can't use keys or values with a " " did some one not clean up there code?...that fills my whole screen sometimes :(

My server got to 1.8 odd gig of memory allocated.

There's either a straight out memory leak or some sort of function that is chewing up memory.