PDA

View Full Version : Problem with resolution

marianogesell
04-15-2011, 08:46 PM
I am running CoD with a Samsung LCD 32ยด on PC Mode. It is a non full HD monitor so i cant run the game at a high definition. so the screen goes black telling that abou a 1300 x 768 it is not compatible with that TV.
is there anyway that i can modify some user file in order to low down the resolution so i can have image on that TV?
i did this with starcraft 2 and it worked...

thanks!

tf_neuro
04-15-2011, 09:39 PM
First off, right click on the Steam icon in system tray and choose 'Settings', then click on the tab 'Downloads + Cloud'
Now _uncheck_ the second checkbox from the bottom, 'Enable Steam Cloud',

Ok, at this point you can manually set your resolution without Steam automatically restoring the settings stored on their servers.

Next, go to 'My Documents' or 'Documents' folder, then browse to '1C SoftClub' and finally 'il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover'

Inside the 'il-2 cliffs of dover' folder you'll find a file called conf.ini.

Before you even think about modifying that file, take a backup copy.
Next, open the 'conf.ini' file using Notepad or Wordpad, but NOT MSWord.
(Double click, when Windows ask how to open you choose 'select from a list' and highlight Notepad)

Towards the top of the conf.ini file there's a section that looks pretty much like this

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=1
Render=D3D10_0
width=1024
height=768
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1

Some values may be different as we have different settings, but that's not important at this time.

Now look at the 2 bold lines.
Edit the values to set a screen resolution that is supported by your monitor.

Other interesting lines:
FullScreen=0 =run in a window. FullScreen=1 run full screen.
ChangeScreenRes=1 automatically change the screen resolution if it doesnt match the value configured in this file. ChangeScreenRes=0 leave screen resolution alone
(ChangeScreenRes=0 may be useful to run the game in a window that is smaller than your desktop)

Hope this helps