PDA

View Full Version : He 111 - p

Fergal69
04-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Anyone else noticed that from bomb aimers position you can see the nose mounted mg & upper glazing mg, but you can't use the upper glazing mg & it's not visable from external views.

1.JaVA_Platypus
04-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Didn't notice that. What was the diffrence between the P and H model again?

JG53Frankyboy
04-16-2011, 10:32 AM
the 111P has a DB601 engine.
And yes, this overhead MG15 you can see from the bombardier position. But thats a BUG, because the ingame 111P is not armed with it.

and (note, i dont have the actual BETA) i hope 1C will remove the supercharger shifting 'bar' and levers in cockpit. They dont work in game, and thats ok, because the DB601 had a automatic supercharger...there was nothing to shift :D

Flying Pencil
04-24-2011, 04:30 AM

Only the engine, DB vs Jumo.

The various other bits of equipment was applied to both (field mods), until all the P's where basically destroyed.

41Sqn_Banks
04-24-2011, 07:33 AM
They dont work in game, and thats ok, because the DB601 had a automatic supercharger...there was nothing to shift :D

The DB 601 doesn't have a "automatic supercharger". There is nothing to shift because it has a single speed supercharger, whereas the Jumo 211 has a two speed supercharger.

So yes, there shouldn't be something to shift in the He-111 P.

JG53Frankyboy
04-24-2011, 04:12 PM
The DB 601 doesn't have a "automatic supercharger". There is nothing to shift because it has a single speed supercharger, whereas the Jumo 211 has a two speed supercharger.

So yes, there shouldn't be something to shift in the He-111 P.

you like nitpicking ? ;)
the DB601 supercharger wasnt singlespeed , it was single stage true :)
Its speed was automaticly set by a baromatic controller...its speed increased with increasing altitude. so as "best", perhaps one call it 'variable' speed :D

Eklund89
04-30-2011, 07:27 PM
A little hijacking. Am i a noob or why cant i get the gear up on the he111? i set the gear handle to up and they are like stuck. i se them move from locked down to not locked but it is like the system dont have power enough to pull them up. hand pump dont work :( am i doing somthing really wrong? :D

EDIT: bug or feature ;) they go up when i have a little flaps down. weird.

Fergal69
09-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Anyone else noticed that from bomb aimers position you can see the nose mounted mg & upper glazing mg, but you can't use the upper glazing mg & it's not visable from external views.

Just noticed that the above bug has been fixed.

Flying Pencil
09-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Just noticed that the above bug has been fixed.

And there was much rejoicing!

Varrattu
09-26-2011, 01:57 PM

The He111-P incorporated the Daimler-Benz DB 601A-1 water cooled engine and a newly designed asymmetric nose section. This variant laid the foundations for the He111-H and was in service since late 1938 and continued service into 1940.

Owing to the uncertainty surrounding the delivery and availability of the DB 601 engines, Heinkel began tests with the 820 kW (1,100 hp) Junkers Jumo 211 powerplants. The somewhat larger size and greater weight of the Jumo 211 engines were unimportant considerations for a twin engine design, and the Jumo was used on almost all early-war bomber designs. When the Jumo was fitted to the P model it became the He 111 H. He111H-1 was in service since January/February 1939.

So, the He111 variants were not necessary in alphabetical order.

Happy landings

Varrattu

BTB
09-26-2011, 04:42 PM
A little hijacking. Am i a noob or why cant i get the gear up on the he111? i set the gear handle to up and they are like stuck. i se them move from locked down to not locked but it is like the system dont have power enough to pull them up. hand pump dont work :( am i doing somthing really wrong? :D

EDIT: bug or feature ;) they go up when i have a little flaps down. weird.

You have to fly at 150 km/h that they will fully go up.