PDA

View Full Version : Buildings in London like "Lego" blocks

Devastat
04-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Ok I saw someone else reporting the same problem here as well, but after installing the new Beta patch today, lots of the buildings in the london looks like big squares, like "lego" blocks. It IS very obvious and as you approach them they will pop up like normal buildings.

I do find this quite annoying and it kills the immersion for me. I hope this fill be fixed on the monday patch.

My GPU is Radeon 6970. None of the settings in the video options seems to change it at all.

ICDP
04-15-2011, 06:43 PM
HD 6970 here as well, lots of issues with the buildings with this beta patch.

Dores
04-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Same thing here on 6850.

Devastat
04-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Here is a screenshot:

Devastat
04-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Buildings still look like big squares over London even after the official patch :(

Ataros
04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
It was done to make it run faster on low end PCs as too many people were complaining on this forum.

To turn up the quality:

In video settings put Texture quality on Standard (it is the highest original setting) and Houses detail to High\Very high. Make sure you run at least medium landscape shadows.

Increase anisotropic filtering quality and texture filtering in your driver settings. Turn up mip-map detail level in video drivers.

You may also set visibilitydistance=4 in conf.ini iirc. And SSAO in game settings.

Buchon
04-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Increasing the buildings details in graphics options has a direct effect mitigating with the "lego" buildings.

Troll2k
04-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Actually, to me they look more like Monopoly houses and hotels.

Devastat
04-19-2011, 08:23 AM
@Ataros thanks for the tip. Actually I tested it now and it is also important to turn buildings amount to high/unlimited. Buildings detail medium is ok as well, it doesnt need to be high.

It is very strange i am running this game on intel 920 3ghz and radeon 6970, and its gone back to quite stuttery after putting on the settings above. When I am flying just above the buildings (in london), I get 18 fps average. I wonder if there is something wrong in my setup.. (all other games run fine tho)

Osprey
04-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes, it's a problem with your expectation against the hardware you have.

You have a decent card but this sim is a real tester, and you are now asking it to render details into every one of those blocks. Your options are:

1. Spend some serious money on hardware
2. Turn it back to lego housing, that is all your card is capable of right now.

As it is Charlton Athletics football ground actually IS made from Lego so it will appear very realistic.

EEEEAAGGGLLLEEESS!!!!!

squidgyb
04-27-2011, 03:53 PM
I wonder if there is something wrong in my setup.. (all other games run fine tho)

Nope, nothing wrong with your setup - it's just the way it currently is tbh.

Osprey is talking hyperbole, if I'm honest. Your CPU could certainly be clocked to 4GHz with the right cooling. After that you will be getting seriously diminishing returns - so no real point jumping from a 920 to a 2500k/2600k. Your graphics card is one of the best on the market, and will be better yet when SLI/Crossfire are supported.

Memory and HDD will have an effect too, but if you've got 4-6Gb or more memory you should be fine anyways - and HDD has little effect on fps, though will possibly have some effect on stuttering, depending on where the bottleneck/un-optimised code really lies.