PDA

View Full Version : dropping bombs from Blenheim&Br.20

JG53Frankyboy
04-15-2011, 07:51 AM
here i mean dropping bombs from the bombardier position with the "release weapon (Bomb)" shortcut !
that does not work for me - from the pilot position it does !

in the Blenheim i have to hit the yellow buttons in the bombardiercockpit with the mouse, but i try to avoid this "cockpit clicking" with the mouse corsour.
I didnt find a bombbutton in the FIAT bombardier sation so far........

i am just wondering if the key short cut is working...

i know that it is also not working in the He111/Ju88, but here you have your automatic bombsight, and so you can release the bombs.

JG53Frankyboy
04-16-2011, 03:10 PM
i dont use the BETA patch.
so, a shameless ;) BUMP for BETA users if their "bomb relase" key is working in bombardier position in these two planes :)

meplay
04-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Im not at home atm...but this is something im interested in finding out, il give it a try tonight....if i dont get too drunk and end up dossing on my mates couch or somethin lol

CH_RoadDogg
04-16-2011, 04:45 PM
I have not been able to drop bombs maually with the bombadier in any bomber with the drop bomb key.
I can jettison with the bombadier.
I can manually drop bomb with the pilot with the drop bomb key.
I can drop with the automatic system but wheres the joy in that.
Why can't the bombadier drop manually with the drop bomb key looking in the bombsight can it be done am I just not doing somthing right?

I'm using the beta patch.

JG53Frankyboy
04-16-2011, 05:47 PM
at least in the FIAT and Bristol its a MUST !
in the Heinkel and Junkers it would be nice ;)

thx for the confirmation !

and i guess the FIAT's and Bristol's FM , at least their start behaviour, is already on the "to do list" for 1C ;)

CH_RoadDogg
04-16-2011, 08:15 PM
All my testing has been with the JU88 and the HE111s

JG53Frankyboy
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
well, i wouldnt call that "any bomber" than :(
;)

any real confirmation than about the FIAT and Blenheim Bomber ??

Blackdog_kt
04-17-2011, 05:04 AM
Tried the BR.20 today with the beta patch installed and i can confirm this.

1) To release bombs you probably have to click on the actual control in the bombardier's panel.

2) When you are in the pilot's seat, pressing the button on my joystick drops just fine. It's like the pilot is telling the bombardier to let one/a pair (depending on racks, etc) drop.

It's not really that hard to click on the switch when flying the Blenheim and Br.20, the problem is that you need to press the "loosen straps" key to exit the zoomed in bomb-sight view, pan your view and then click on it, ie it's time consuming and your accuracy suffers.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for suffering and frustration as long as it's realistic :-P
However this is a case were "harder" doesn't mean "more realistic", as in the real aircraft the bomb-aimer would be crouched over the bombsight while resting his hand on the bomb release switch, that is, he would be able to make a drop without having to look away from his sight.

Easiest solution? Just make the "drop bomb" function accessible from the bombardier's position. I guess that's one more for patching ;)