PDA

View Full Version : A few things about dogfighting???

Gman13
04-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Learning the game slowly but surely (a lil at a time) but i used to play the "original IL2 Sturmovik" yrs & yrs ago, but it's been quite awhile. So now, in trying to get back into the swing of dogfighting, A-How do you "zoom in your gunsight" on a target? & B-How do you get the "target cone" (if you will) to show up? I remember there used to be a targeting system where as you could show the enemy in red & friendlies in blue & just switch from each target on screen so you knew it's location, trying to pick these things back up playing SP b4 i even get the nerve to attempt MP.

Gman13
10-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Bump...

fireship4
10-05-2011, 02:41 AM
just switch from each target on screen so you knew it's location

Do you mean padlocking? Ie locking your camera to an enemy plane so it follows it, freeing you from having to move the camera/worry about loosing sight of them? I think it is in there (never used it myself really), check the controls menu.

Sokol1
10-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Gman13

Padlock - from cockpit view - in CloD work similar to "old" Il-2.
Hit F-4 and the near enemy is "locked".
Only the triangle (target cone) around the object is not show (I test now and dont see...)
To "unlock" hit F-4 again.

For "padlock" ground objects hit F5.

And U and Y key change for the next, previous object "locked".

If you dont change anything in "REALISM" settings, this PADLOCK feature is enable, since for default the game is set in "arcade" mode.
In any case, check if "No padlock" is unchecked, under REALISM settings.

BTW - Look for a command (under VIEW section of CONTROLS) "PADLOCK VIEW - FORWARD" and assign a convenient key or button to this, that allow you momentary look straight forward without need to "unlock" the target. Ie, when you overshoot the "padlocked" object.

Sokol1