PDA

View Full Version : Bf 109 minor issues

Pierre@
04-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Sorry to nitpick, but isn't the purpose of this sub-forum? :)

- On Bf 109 E-3 and later Emil versions with MG/FF guns, empty cartridges of 20mm ammos were not ejected to the outside through the underwing gun port but remained inside the wing and were removed by hand after the flight via a rounded hatch.

(This slot was the ejection port for the wing MG 17 used on Bf 109 E-1).

Pierre@
04-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Some details missing or erroneous as seen on these Richtofen Emils:

- there is a rectangular hatch under the starboard side of the cockpit (both photographs)
- the oxygen filling point is oversized in CoD (correct for a Friedrich or later version) (Yellow 5).
- the handhold in front of the canopy has two squared angles. (look at first picture, Erich Mix' belly landing in may 40)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/PierreAlfaro/109_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/PierreAlfaro/109_3.jpg

(...I hope my approximative english is understandable??)

AnarchyZG
04-14-2011, 11:30 PM
My advice to you: Get a life

And besides, the game is in such a sorry overall state and you complain about "rectangular hatch under the starboard side of the cockpit" ?!?

Robotic Pope
04-15-2011, 12:22 AM

And besides, the game is in such a sorry overall state and you complain about "rectangular hatch under the starboard side of the cockpit" ?!?

And my advice to you: Learn some manners

xnomad
04-15-2011, 12:56 AM

Come on this is what this forum is for. That's really quite inappropriate behaviour! Why are you on here if you don't want to discuss aspects of the game?

Bewolf
04-15-2011, 11:02 AM

lol, IL2Cod != game.

It's a simulator.

Simulator = Nerd lands.

And I mean that in a good way :D

nodlew
04-15-2011, 11:48 AM
No one else seems to have mentioned this, so I wonder, but I'm at a loss so I put it forward, and it seems like more than a minor detail. Playing the game, I noticed I saw no muzzle flashes for the Prop-hub mounted 20mm on the 109s. So I checked in the FMB and sure enough, in my install there is no weapon configuration for either model of the 109 that includes the prop-mounted 20mm.

Having done some reading, it looks like early models of the 109 did not have the prop 20mm, and that the earliest models were only armed with 2 cowl-mounted mgs, the wing-mounted 20mm cannon being introduced later as a response to the Spit's and Hurricane's 8mg armament.

Why then do the 109s have the cannon modeled on the aircraft? Did these models have the provision for the 20mm but didn't include it?

Confused.

And anyway, why don't I have the option of adding the 20mm in the FMB if the cannon is modeled on the plane?

Still confused.

JG53Frankyboy
04-15-2011, 12:52 PM
there is no place for a nose mounted 20mm canon in the 109E - the oiltank is in the way....

20mm hubcanons in service 109Es are a often, from one book author to the other bookauthor , repeated myth......