PDA

View Full Version : Magic force pusing my bomber sideways

Dores
04-14-2011, 09:36 AM
This happened to me today, and has not happened before. Need someone to explain!

I made a mission in the FMB, with a fully loaded JU88 which I was going to bomb some Brits with. Fine enough, CEM and all that on, anthromorphic control off. When I've fired up both my engines and warmed them up a little, I push both to max throttle, same prop pitch, radiator settings and so on, but my plane is pushed off the runway to the left no matter what I do! Full rudder is not enough, and not even slightly powering down engine #2 helps. I know that the propellers tend to drag the aircraft to the side, but this is way beyond that. And it's keeping me from taking off, because I'm constantly crashing into some village outside the airfield.

What am I doing wrong?

kingpinda
04-14-2011, 11:46 AM
I have yet to try this plane but the german planes have differential brakes.

setup your toe brakes (if you have them) to brake left and brake right in the axes panel.

This way you coul when you feel you are veering left push in the right toe brake a little. Hope this helps.

justme262
04-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I have done it but you got to do everything right.

first you need a long runway!

you can't rev em up to 100% at the start of the runway and hope to hold on. You got to give it 20 or 30% power till you rolling then very slowly give it more till you nearly out of runway and your up to full speed and full power.

of course you got to have full rudder trimmed into the torque.

bind keys for left and right wheel breaks and tap the opposite break as you are going to keep her inline. this also helps to lift the tail up to gain speed quicker. once you moving fast you can hold her straight with rudder.

you can also deselect one engine as you at 50% power and slide the other engine up to full... at least till you get some speed up and then the air passing over the rudder will keep you inline.

good luck it's not easy with a full load but it can be done.

CH_RoadDogg
04-14-2011, 12:59 PM
The thing that worked best for me was taxing to a point well before the runway.

Then taxing up to the runway building up a steady slower speed getting to about half throttle when I got to the runway.

Then when I hit the runway ease up to full throttle and by the time I get to the end of the runway Im able to lift.

Basically you cant just give it full throttle from the stopped position you need to throttle up gradually and you need more runway so go back a bit and give yourself more room.

Also flaps down on takeoff.

meplay
04-14-2011, 01:45 PM
@Dores, donno if you know, or if its been mentioned, but you can lock tail wheel on this aircraft which helps a lot!

BlackbusheFlyer
04-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Other than what the others have replied, I wonder if you were a victim of the bug that causes aircraft to slowly or rapidly spin on the ground. Trying to take off when that is occurring is a futile exercise.

TUCKIE_JG52
04-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Can you check if there's wind in the mission? A taildragger plane is seriously affected by crosswind.

Flying Pencil
04-14-2011, 03:19 PM
This happened to me today, and has not happened before. Need someone to explain!

I made a mission in the FMB, with a fully loaded JU88 which I was going to bomb some Brits with. Fine enough, CEM and all that on, anthromorphic control off. When I've fired up both my engines and warmed them up a little, I push both to max throttle, same prop pitch, radiator settings and so on, but my plane is pushed off the runway to the left no matter what I do! Full rudder is not enough, and not even slightly powering down engine #2 helps. I know that the propellers tend to drag the aircraft to the side, but this is way beyond that. And it's keeping me from taking off, because I'm constantly crashing into some village outside the airfield.

What am I doing wrong?

Everything.

What is your load? (exact numbers)
Did you check if tail wheel locked?
Did you keep tail down until you get at least 45 kph?
Did you apply full opposite rudder until tail lifted?

Try flying that beast lightly loaded, as in NO bombs. Learn how it handles first.

Pluto
04-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Other than what the others have replied, I wonder if you were a victim of the bug that causes aircraft to slowly or rapidly spin on the ground. Trying to take off when that is occurring is a futile exercise.

I experienced the same in a selfmade mission. The plane stands on the ground, engines off but it turns slowly arround its axis as if pushed by heavy wind.
That happens not on every airfield on the map, I guess its a bug!