PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle and water speeds

6BL Bird-Dog
04-13-2011, 01:15 PM
These are a couple of observations that seem out of pace with the enviroment,hope it helps.

It appears the vehicles are moving at speeds almost double what you would expect on the terrain.I drove some of these vehicles over 35 years ago as a company I worked for had bought some of the bigger load haulers and converted them for other uses.
The gears were very close in ratio which made them take a while to achieve any decent speed but not like the speeds they have in the game.The abcence of power steering & the type of supesion ,mainly leaf springs would have caused springs to snap at those speeds especialy concidering the terrain.I doubt the driver could have held on and and kept control of the vehicle , he would have been thrown around like a rag doll ,lol.
The Tractor in use would break all of its drive shafts being driven as jerkily as it appears because the speed setting being high gives it unrealistic acceleration and deceleration.
The Wave action on the water appears far to fast as well for the size of ,and apparent frequency of the wave peaks .A longer slower rolling sea would be more realistic to the rendering visible in the game if there is wind .
A gentler sea similar to the FB model is a better simulation of light breezes and flat calm for those spells when the wind drops at dawn or dusk in the summer.
Halving the speed of the Sea and the Vehicles would Imho look far more realistic
Thanks for the Hard work you all are putting in to sort the problems out,cheers