PDA

View Full Version : Complex engine managment beginners guide anyone?

Devastat
04-12-2011, 08:45 PM
It seems as some of the great multiplayer servers work on complex engine managment, I will have to learn it as well. A beginners guide would be highly appreciated :)

Geronimo989
04-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Well for fighters at least it is basically a matter of turning on the engine (there is a thread here with startup for most planes), opening your radiators to about 75% (some planes have 2 radiators, map keys for oil radiator too), and managing throttle and prop pitch while in combat to maintain ideal RPM.

I found that on a 109 and 110 "two clicks down from full" prop pitch is good for maintaining 2500 rpm, lowering it a little when you dive and increasing it to full when you climb. I keep full throttle at all times in combat, except for longer dives.
When not fighting I just lower both throttle and prop pitch to around 75%.

This is surely not the best way, but it works for me (engine doesn't die and I can catch enemy fighters in SP) and is simple, so you can go from here and improve as you start learning more stuff about CEM.

I cannot yet fly the brit fighters effective, mostly because of the ammo belt changing bug and the Merlin being very sensitive to negative g.