PDA

View Full Version : FEATURE REQUEST --- Way future

Gollum
04-12-2011, 08:18 PM
WAAAAAYYYYY in the future after all minor items are fixed.......

I would love ( others may not ) if the scoring system for multiplayer on servers or as a whole could be kept so you gain rank with whoever in the community has the highest score ( score built by taking out targets / planes and surviving ). It would and only would also be cool if you lost everything if you were KIA or MIA on a server. Sure it would be frustrating at times but at least it would make the game more realistic by giving people a reason to run home / escape / bug out back to base with the disire to live (and not loose everything). It would also give me a reason to put a few holes in a pilots chute after sneak attacking me.. Survival on bail outs would be figured out as in the old IL-2... Where on the map you land and % surviving. You get a message when you despawn ( killed by shark, picked up by english patrol, head bitten off by rabit form monty python, ect...) so bailing could work.

Wouldnt have to be exact but I think it would be great to have a "career" if you will to build up.. Maybe even keeping kills scored on the plane and rank tags on names... Until you die and it gets reset back to private.

I wonder how far up the ranks I could make it before losing it all??

Maybe have some sweet paint scheme symbolizing rank? don't know if it was historically accurate. If not then no..

The good or lucky pilots move up and the not so much have reason to get better.

Just a dream. Hope you didn't waste your time reading it.

What do you think?

(and again I don't expect the devs to even think about this until everyone has no problems and no bugs exist or just never.)

Strike
04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
actually not such a bad idea.

AWL_Spinner
04-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Also one of those things that Steam is likely to facilitate well, judging by other titles.

IL2 online wars with pilot stats you cared about preserving were the height of immersion, for me.

bongodriver
04-12-2011, 09:12 PM
I like the idea too, wouldn't mind some kind of steam achievements too....

Gollum
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys. Ive juwt always found career based games so much more fulfilling so this game with those item would be a dream..

Ps - all ranks would be side specific for army flown on server, real ranks, and careers only affected on career servers with more than x ammount of people playing... something like that. Standard stuff. Would be cool to sign on one day and see i made a rank due to some poor sap above me getting kia the night before.

Echo76
04-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Very good idea, but maybe not so harsh, perhaps a penalty of like -5 kills if you get downed might be more suitable :)

Sauf
04-12-2011, 10:55 PM
WoP (Warbirds of Prey) servers has something similar for IL-1946, they record the server stats, kills, landings, bailouts ect and you achieve higher ranks as you do more missons, they reset the stats every month to stop the stat hogs. Hopefully it will be the same once COD is a bit more stable and more servers come online.

Gollum
04-13-2011, 11:19 AM
that would be ok considering they probibly wouldnt impliment what im thinking anyway. The only thing ide like different from that at minimum would be stat reset on death instead of monthly. Makes the game a bit more interesting. No more suicide attacks after ammos gone.

Foo'bar
04-13-2011, 11:28 AM
I've always wanted to have a counting system wich adds all your kills as long as you stay alive. After you've been killed all your points are gone. Nice idea! Hope there will be a steam achievement once.

Imagine if there will be some aces among us and they're are playing on certain servers all others will join there trying to shoot them ;)

Qpassa
05-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Bump, would be nice Achievements in Steam! :>

GOA_Potenz
05-28-2011, 10:09 PM
could be something similar as RoF, that you get gifts and medals for online achivements

Gwikman
05-29-2011, 04:53 AM
Yes, I also like a system where you are rewarded as long as you manage to stay alive.

5./JG27 Lehmann
05-29-2011, 05:12 AM
Very nice idea :)

Not just yet though, MP crashes every single time I play after a random amount of time :P

On a serious note: Stats are something that keep players coming back for more. Look at the retention the Call of Duty series has; As a social COD-player myself, I can tell you it's not for the gameplay, but the unlocks and stats - keeps it interesting!