PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

fencible
04-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Great game, when first installed, I can now fly all aspects - quick flights, training, campaign - but after quitting, the next time I start up CoD, it freezes as soon as I take off, or never completes loading scenarios and freezes at the 90% loaded mark. I have to kill the Launcher.exe process to get out of it.

If I uninstall and re-install (which takes many hours with Steam) - it works again.
My system is above minimum spec - dual core 3.0 GHz intel cpu, 4 GB ram, MS XP SP3, ATI4870 with Gig ram, Saitek X52 stick, CH Pro pedals.

Thanks for any help,
Fencible

kingpinda
04-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Are you running win 7 or vista?

Try going into steam folder steam apps common COD and setting in launcher properties: start as admin.

fencible
04-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Are you running win 7 or vista?

Try going into steam folder steam apps common COD and setting in launcher properties: start as admin.

No, I'm running MS XP SP3. The game runs great the 1st time, and then freezes on subsequent uses.

Ataros
04-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Copy your steam folder somewhere so you do not have to download it again. Just replace with backup one.

Try disabling grass, reinstalling .net from MS site. Unload all unnecessary processes from memory.

Switch off Steam ingame overlay and try changing its hotkeys to 2 other keys pressed simultaneously.

Probably your RAM gets fragmented. Try to clear RAM with an utility like SmartRAM before launching game. Monitor available ram with Aida64.

fencible
04-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Copy your steam folder somewhere so you do not have to download it again. Just replace with backup one.

Try disabling grass, reinstalling .net from MS site. Unload all unnecessary processes from memory.

Switch off Steam ingame overlay and try changing its hotkeys to 2 other keys pressed simultaneously.

Probably your RAM gets fragmented. Try to clear RAM with an utility like SmartRAM before launching game. Monitor available ram with Aida64.

Thank you, I will try these excellent suggestions...
Fencible.

Wolf_Rider
04-13-2011, 03:09 PM
~ reinstalling .net from MS site. ~

is thatthe DotNet_40_Full redistributable that you mean?