PDA

View Full Version : America

The Cheese
04-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Living in the US certainly has its benefits, but lately I've been much more concerned by the fact that the US CLod release date continues to be pushed back! It was set to be April 19, but just a couple days ago suddenly Steam and Amazon say April 26, even though you guys in Europe have been playing for some time already. Does anybody know why this is? I've been considering buying from Amazon.fr or something,
but if I bought it from there would the Collector's Edition stuff be in French or in English (same question applies to Amazon.de and so forth)?

I'm getting a bad case of the Two Weeks it seems.

bongodriver
04-12-2011, 06:57 PM
I seem to recall on another thread it was an error on behalf of steam etc, as in the official release date was always the 26th.

kimosabi
04-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Two weeks, be sure! :-P

Jah man, it must sucky sucky but atleast you guys get some patches ready on release. That's more than us Euro and Russian beta testers got. ;)

Strike
04-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, you know a lot of the western hemisphere are avid flightsimmers and theory is one of two for me.

1) We are beta-testers

2) Steam error

scissorss
04-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Just buy it from Justflight.com.

Fangio
04-12-2011, 07:18 PM
There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from downloading and playing the game right now.

Its all over this forum in multiple threads exactly where and how to do this. A simple search is all that is required.

So if you want it.... get it. Its entirely your choice. TONS of us here in the USA have the game now.

Fang

ATAG_Doc
04-12-2011, 08:32 PM
We're cool. We'll be looking for ya over the channel bud. Hang tight. The calvary will be there shortly.

Doc_uk
04-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Living in the US certainly has its benefits, but lately I've been much more concerned by the fact that the US CLod release date continues to be pushed back! It was set to be April 19, but just a couple days ago suddenly Steam and Amazon say April 26, even though you guys in Europe have been playing for some time already. Does anybody know why this is? I've been considering buying from Amazon.fr or something,
but if I bought it from there would the Collector's Edition stuff be in French or in English (same question applies to Amazon.de and so forth)?

I'm getting a bad case of the Two Weeks it seems.

It makes a change for us brits, to get a game befor you guys
Plus the fact, we are better than you :rolleyes:

camel24hrs
04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
gogamer now has it for a May 20th. So it has been backed up twice there and that is where I ordered it. I will just wait as I want a hard copy when I get it plus maybe all the bugs will have been worked out by then. Anyway, having to much fun with ROF at the moment.

ramstein
04-12-2011, 11:40 PM
gogamer now has it for a May 20th. So it has been backed up twice there and that is where I ordered it. I will just wait as I want a hard copy when I get it plus maybe all the bugs will have been worked out by then. Anyway, having to much fun with ROF at the moment.

I pre-ordered it from GoGamer.com in March,,, and they sure are jerking us around with the date.. maybe it's not gogamer.com jerking us, but someone is..

someone needs to own up be honest and tell us who is doing what...
we gave 10 years of loyalty, now let's get some in return..

earlier today it said April 19, 2011...
then a couple hours later, it moves up 30 days...

WT,,,F???

Royraiden
04-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Buy it from justflight!!!

diveplane
04-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Living in the US certainly has its benefits

trying not to get to political in responce.
imo i lived it for 8 years nothing to great about it really,sadly its borrowed time its on now.

camel24hrs
04-13-2011, 01:47 AM
I pre-ordered it from GoGamer.com in March,,, and they sure are jerking us around with the date.. maybe it's not gogamer.com jerking us, but someone is..

WT,,,F???

The way I look at it, Europe and Russia are the Beta testers for us. They will find all the bugs and when we get our boxed editions here in the states they will be loaded with a game that actually works......worth the wait....hey thanks to all you guys doing the beta testing for us yanks.....:grin:

flyboy4612
04-13-2011, 02:12 AM
I was going to buy it through gogamer.com but after I saw the date change again, I went directly to justflight. I've been downloading for about two hours now. Almost 50% there. Man, this is a painfully slow process of downloading! My download rate keeps changing. It's gone anywhere from 20 hours to the next 3. Here's hoping for 3!

Lololopoulos
04-13-2011, 02:40 AM
LOL yeh I definitely think living in US is a benefit. When we get the game, it'll already be patched a couple of times and hopefully it'll run smoother and i won't be a beta tester like u guys in Europe.
It's kinda hillarious that Ubi did this. haha

scissorss
04-13-2011, 02:49 AM
For any other people in the US buying from justflight.com, just enter the key emailed to you into steam's activation area, then steam will download it as fast as your connection can handle.

TheEditor
04-13-2011, 04:03 AM
I think Europe and Russia are the Alpha-testers. The US well be the Beta-testers...lol:-P

ramstein
04-13-2011, 04:29 AM
I may have been a bit harsh, but all these years, openess is not one of the traits associated with the releases of flight sims.. and the publishers.. maybe Oleg pulled back,,, maybe UBI pulled back.... but I still think honesty is the best policy,, not hiding and making customers wonder and rumors get wild....

just be honest... did Oleg decide to stop dvd production to make changes? did Ubi screw up?

WT,,,F???

Rangi
04-13-2011, 04:58 AM
Just like in the real WW2 the US is a bit late to the party......;)

DoolittleRaider
04-13-2011, 05:20 AM

You're welcome!

akronnick
04-13-2011, 05:56 AM
At least we won't have to wait 'til next December.

Although it may be that long before I can afford a rig that will run CoD!

Fltlt_HardBall
04-13-2011, 05:58 AM
But for a little disagreement over some tea back in 1776 you guys would still be part of the U.K. and would already have CoD...Oh, the irony! I bet y'all are kicking yourselves now, huh?
:grin:

scissorss
04-13-2011, 06:24 AM
You still hold that against us? I figured the debt was settled after you filled our gulf with oil! ;)

akronnick
04-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Isn't it Mexico's Gulf?

camel24hrs
04-13-2011, 09:39 PM

We may show up late but we sure know how to finish the party :!:

ramstein
04-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Latest release info from GoGamer.com
http://www.gogamer.com/searchresults.htm?keywords=il-2+cliffs+of+dover&categoryId=444758&x=36&y=13
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Dover PC

Publisher: Ubisoft
Availability: Release Date: May 20, 2011
Packaging: Retail Box
Platform: PC DVDROM

========
I e-mailed GoGamer and got this back:
This product has been pushed back by the publisher for another month.

sfmadmax
04-14-2011, 06:20 PM
We may show up late but we sure know how to finish the party :!:

lmao...

Oldschool61
04-14-2011, 07:30 PM
It makes a change for us brits, to get a game befor you guys
Plus the fact, we are better than you :rolleyes:

Dont worry we'll be there you bail you out again just like back in 1940

Oldschool61
04-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Latest release info from GoGamer.com
http://www.gogamer.com/searchresults.htm?keywords=il-2+cliffs+of+dover&categoryId=444758&x=36&y=13
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Dover PC

Publisher: Ubisoft
Availability: Release Date: May 20, 2011
Packaging: Retail Box
Platform: PC DVDROM

========
I e-mailed GoGamer and got this back:
This product has been pushed back by the publisher for another month.

Im not so upset seeing as everyone now is just beta testing and finding the bugs. Hopefully it will be playable by the time US gets it.

CBA_Bludawg
04-14-2011, 10:35 PM
get it from justflight ive been playing it over 1 1/2 weeks now and im in utah

ramstein
04-14-2011, 11:26 PM
get it from justflight ive been playing it over 1 1/2 weeks now and im in utah

I want the damned dvd... I hate having just a file,, and hate activation bs,, and editing registry bs,,, and this and that bs..

you can tell me how great having no dvd is and I just won't go for not having a dvd.... you guys may like it but I don't... and burning the files to a dvd is not the same as having the dvd version..

Space Communist
04-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Wooooow, Steam is now showing a May 24th release date. That Justflight business is looking mighty tempting but I have heard of people getting their accounts banned for faking their international location in order to bypass release dates. Not sure if this counts?

[RS]Boomer
04-15-2011, 01:27 AM
Wooooow, Steam is now showing a May 24th release date. That Justflight business is looking mighty tempting but I have heard of people getting their accounts banned for faking their international location in order to bypass release dates. Not sure if this counts?

Well I got it from justflight, and activated it on my one and only steam account and had no problems. I actually had preordered through steam and sent a help ticket asking for a refund because I had bought it through another source and don't need two copies. They came back the next day asking if I wanted steam credit or money back on my card. So obviously they don'y really care if you get it from somewhere else.

Space Communist
04-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Boomer;263289']Well I got it from justflight, and activated it on my one and only steam account and had no problems. I actually had preordered through steam and sent a help ticket asking for a refund because I had bought it through another source and don't need two copies. They came back the next day asking if I wanted steam credit or money back on my card. So obviously they don'y really care if you get it from somewhere else.

Hmm, thanks good to know! I also have it pre-ordered and would have to get a refund. I will give it serious consideration.

Sidenote: I wonder what happens with the free version of Silent Hunter III that comes with the pre-order? I already have it installed, not that I am really playing it or anything.

fearlessfrog
04-15-2011, 02:10 AM
I want the damned dvd... I hate having just a file,, and hate activation bs,, and editing registry bs,,, and this and that bs..

you can tell me how great having no dvd is and I just won't go for not having a dvd.... you guys may like it but I don't... and burning the files to a dvd is not the same as having the dvd version..

The DVD just contains the Steam files. You still need to activate/update it via Steam whether you got the original files on DVD or download. Apart from the download step its all the same. Thought it best you should know.

[RS]Boomer
04-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Hmm, thanks good to know! I also have it pre-ordered and would have to get a refund. I will give it serious consideration.

Sidenote: I wonder what happens with the free version of Silent Hunter III that comes with the pre-order? I already have it installed, not that I am really playing it or anything.

Silent Hunter gets deleted from your system. I had played it as well, and when I cancelled my order it disappeared from my computer :)

Ali Fish
04-15-2011, 11:24 AM
trying not to get to political in responce.
imo i lived it for 8 years nothing to great about it really,sadly its borrowed time its on now.

so you moved back already ?

Kakashi
04-15-2011, 10:42 PM
You don't have to fake your location or anything through JustFlight. Just activate and go!

-SoCal here, and been playing it for a week.

So your saying that, living in the USA, you picked rest of the world in the delivery zone in justflight? And that it did not give you any date restrictions? You were good to go right away? (right away, right after download of course)

Cause I'm SERIOUSLY considering it now.... as it seems it will never come to the US.... (Of course I exagerate... But frankly what's going on?! Did you guys knew that the movie THOR, will come out in theaters in Kazaksthan BEFORE it does in the USA?! Way out of topic I know but it somehow relates to this situation here!!!)

So more seriously! question to ALL who purchased from just flight and that live in the USA.... you guys paid in dollars? with an american credit card? downloaded it and were able to play right away ? Thanks for futur answers.

My Fing ID
04-16-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm looking to ensure this is a sure thing as well. I'm sick of waiting and I don't want to have to deal with pirating a game I pre-ordered just because it's not being released in my country until 2 months after it's released.

scissorss
04-16-2011, 03:04 AM
yes yes yes.. Read the millions of other threads confirming this. it WORKS. Been playing here in the USA since the UK Release. And put the CD key in steam to download much much faster.

My Fing ID
04-16-2011, 06:19 AM
yes yes yes.. Read the millions of other threads confirming this. it WORKS. Been playing here in the USA since the UK Release. And put the CD key in steam to download much much faster.

Cool, I'm gunna cancel that pre-order tomorrow and get this game moving. I don't know why they delayed the US release like this, it was a pretty bad move on whoevers part (Ubi is my guess). In any case can't wait to get things rolling, been looking forward to this release for a long time.