PDA

View Full Version : Mission builder

U505
04-12-2011, 05:37 PM
I would like to build missions for the community but i don t know how the mission builder works.does anyone know where i can get a tutorial which explains all its features?

mauld
04-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Is a QMB comming out I would like to easily change missions at the moment it is very limited.

Friendly_flyer
04-12-2011, 08:16 PM
There is a FMB, not unlike the old IL2 one I'm lead to believe. It seems to have limited functionality for the moment.

ATAG_Bliss
04-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I would like to build missions for the community but i don t know how the mission builder works.does anyone know where i can get a tutorial which explains all its features?

Hi,

This should get you started: http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/index.php

Pluto
04-12-2011, 09:45 PM
There is a FMB, not unlike the old IL2 one I'm lead to believe. It seems to have limited functionality for the moment.

yes, it seems as if everything in this sim has limited functionality at the moment.
I have tried to make a trainingflightmission with the editor. It works but when you are in the cockpit (BF109) and try to begin with startup procedures, the plane starts to turn and tilt slightly to the left and nothing can stop it, no brakes, no locked tailwheel (wonder if it works at all?).
Apart from that, you cant get the engin running. You set the magnets, turn them on, set your mixture open radiators, put proppitch low and start ignition.
The propeller makes half a turn, you see some little clouds from the engine and thats it, out, no engin startup.

When you fly a given mission its the same, a few minutes flying and your cockpit is full of oil.
Maybe I do something wrong but if the sim is so "reailstic" this time, they should have better tutorials in the manual for such things.
That including the many bugs the sim still has, makes it impossible at the moment to fly and have fun. Hope a coming patch will make things better but for now I just leave it aside.
:sad:
By the way, thats not my first flightsim, until this one came out, I was flying IL2 from the beginning 10 years ago, (also on full real settings).

mcler002
04-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Though it may be slightly out of date (pre patch) my post covered fmb and online play!! The FMB is very basic compared to previous il2 games ... But throw me some questions and ill see if it can be done!!!

mcler002
04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
O and I hope everyone use's the search function too ... Always handy before posting (not saying I'm perfect lol)

Ataros
04-12-2011, 11:22 PM
yes, it seems as if everything in this sim has limited functionality at the moment.
I have tried to make a trainingflightmission with the editor. It works but when you are in the cockpit (BF109) and try to begin with startup procedures, the plane starts to turn and tilt slightly to the left and nothing can stop it, no brakes, no locked tailwheel (wonder if it works at all?).
Apart from that, you cant get the engin running. You set the magnets, turn them on, set your mixture open radiators, put proppitch low and start ignition.
The propeller makes half a turn, you see some little clouds from the engine and thats it, out, no engin startup.

When you fly a given mission its the same, a few minutes flying and your cockpit is full of oil.
Maybe I do something wrong but if the sim is so "reailstic" this time, they should have better tutorials in the manual for such things.
That including the many bugs the sim still has, makes it impossible at the moment to fly and have fun. Hope a coming patch will make things better but for now I just leave it aside.
By the way, thats not my first flightsim, until this one came out, I was flying IL2 from the beginning 10 years ago, (also on full real settings).

Set separate brakes for 109 (L and R). Historically 109 had different breaking system than Spit or Hurri. It is simulation.

According to your description you forgot to open fuel cock when start engine.

In Spit or Hurri open radiator completely(!) to be safe (and do not go 100% throttle, watch instruments to stay from the red zone). In 109 halfway radiator is enough.

ps. You can find actual Spit manual from the 1940s in pdf and study it btw. Why would you need game manual if it simulates real thing? The 109s manual is in German unfortunately. But 109's CEM is easier.

Extreme_One
04-13-2011, 06:33 AM
... The FMB is very basic compared to previous il2 games ...

Due to the addition of the Complex Scripting engine, the CloD FMB is far more advanced that the FMB in the IL2 series.

We are awaiting the comprehensive guide to get a handle on what we can do with the new system.

Pluto
04-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Ataros, thank you for your reply.
I have not yet seen anything like "open fuel cock" in the commands menue but if you say there is one, I`ll have to check. That the BF109 had separate wheelbrakes was not known to me. Ok, anyway, thanks for the hint.
Maybe that sorts out this problem then, I´ll see,...
:-)

Flying_Nutcase
04-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi,

This should get you started: http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/index.php

Just to confirm: I haven't added any IL2COD content, but most things from IL2 '46 and before still apply and it'll be enough to get most people up and running with the IL2COD FMB.

PS Thanks for the referral Bliss. :-)

David198502
04-13-2011, 08:37 AM

to be honest, in fmb i dont have a problem to start up my 109.its the single missions where it doesnt work properly for me.

Ataros
04-16-2011, 08:23 AM
This sample script from developers opens fantastic possibilities both for offline and online campaigns. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21518

We need good missions for online now as the performance issues are mostly solved. I hope server stability issues will be solved as quickly as performance ones.