PDA

View Full Version : Having issues with Direct Connect

Strike
04-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi guys!

I've been interested in joining some MP games to see if I can get some online dogfighting time done. But as it stands now, I simply can't connect to anything using direct connect.

What's funny is that I can connect to servers listed in the server browser ingame. AND I can also host games, and have friends join it using direct connect! (Opened ports etc). I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Usually the problem lies in hosting, where firewalls and ports need to be set right, but that's not the problem here. I simply cannot get Direct connect to work.

It takes me to the blank screen that says "Break" as in break connection, but after about 20 seconds it shows a message saying connection timed out.

Worst part is that during this time I alt-tabbed to the internet browser a few times to double check IP's etc and all of a sudden I couldn't load any web-pages for 1-2 mins.. Yes, I double checked this a few times to verify that it only occurs when trying to direct connect, but then again it doesn't happen EVERY time I try to use direct connect. I'm really freaked out by these weird results.

I can't make out why/what is causing direct connect not to work. I've hosted a lot of games and direct connected through a lot of other games and never had issues. But I can tell you that I've never successfully connected to a CloD game through Direct Connect....

Ataros
04-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Did you try adding these DC servers into Steam Favorites to let them appear in ingame favorites?

Strike
04-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Did you try adding these DC servers into Steam Favorites to let them appear in ingame favorites?

Ok I actually found it through steam. Not by selecting IP and clicking ADD to favourites, but by clicking it and selecting find games at this address :p

Will try....

EDIT:

Okay works now! Thanks a bunch!