PDA

View Full Version : Server commands

wildwillie
04-12-2011, 01:27 PM
All -

I am looking to update FBDj to manage the Cliffs of Dover Dedicated Server, but I will need some help with the new server commands, log files, etc.

I just got the sim yesterday so I am still brand new with it.

I managed to get the server command window started by starting the game:

"launcher.exe -server"

it then gives me the error:
"4>Failed to load Steam ServiceServiceStart: failed to start"

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong to get the above error message, or is this normal for the Dedicated server ?

I can then issue the "help" command to show me a listing of commands.

I see the "missLoad" command to load a mission, and some of the other basic commands, but I do not see any commands that identify users on the server or how to get player stats. Those commands used to be "user" and "user STAT" in old IL2 server.

Also is their an eventlog like before or only the console log file ?

Pleaes add to this post all server commands and their meaning you happen to stumble across.

Thanks,

RAF238thWildWillie

Blackrat
04-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Just wading through this myself

It has started, with the DOS box active hit enter to get your prompt

type missLoad *.mis
(* is the mission name)
hit enter again
type battle start

I think thats it unless you want to change difficulty settings in which case good luck :-)

Store your missions in the root of \Documents\username\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

ATAG_Bliss
04-12-2011, 02:37 PM
All -

I am looking to update FBDj to manage the Cliffs of Dover Dedicated Server, but I will need some help with the new server commands, log files, etc.

I just got the sim yesterday so I am still brand new with it.

I managed to get the server command window started by starting the game:

"launcher.exe -server"

it then gives me the error:
"4>Failed to load Steam ServiceServiceStart: failed to start"

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong to get the above error message, or is this normal for the Dedicated server ?

I can then issue the "help" command to show me a listing of commands.

I see the "missLoad" command to load a mission, and some of the other basic commands, but I do not see any commands that identify users on the server or how to get player stats. Those commands used to be "user" and "user STAT" in old IL2 server.

Also is their an eventlog like before or only the console log file ?

Pleaes add to this post all server commands and their meaning you happen to stumble across.

Thanks,

RAF238thWildWillie

Hi WildWillie,

Getting the FMDj going for this would be awesome :-)

As far as the dos box goes ours gets the same error message when starting the server. But, the good thing I see, is that the server can be ran without using steam (thinking Hyperlobby in the near future!)

I think the IL2.cmd file can be used to execute all your server scripts.

As far as the available commands - type "?" or "help" (without the quotes) and a list will show up with all available options. It's looks really close to IL246.

Looking forward to your work m8.

Cheers!

PaulWF
04-12-2011, 08:03 PM
install steam on your host
run steam, with a different account (ie not your normal steam account) that you're making for your server
launch

you'll still get an error, but the console stay's put.

Thee_oddball
04-12-2011, 11:47 PM
A. stop battle
B. type in difficulty
C. look over list pick what to change type difficulty in again followed by item to change (example "difficulty NoIcons 1" ) hit enter

type "host" to see who is on your server

PaulWF
04-13-2011, 12:39 AM
looks like difficulty is missing bits - such as the anthomawhatsamadoodad

LeadFarmer
04-13-2011, 01:21 AM
How do you set max ping>?

Smokeynz
04-13-2011, 04:23 AM
Hi Wildwillie, Its Smokey Joe(another FBDj server admin) still waiting on dvd myself, good to see you are looking at this.

I was pondering what might show up with old commands, like socket ip created for each player via ip.
I am tempted to try many of the old techniques as the old FBD2 used to use with difficulty files etc.
(actually my old guide I wrote as Friesiancrappen on FBD2 residing at Greatergreen may be applicable)
Also wondered if you were looking at the FBDj again that a web interface running the cmd line would be better for offsite or remote servers.

Note I believe you can select you use local conf which then allows you to view what switches are contains inside the conf. The conf will run on the steam cloud otherwise.

wildwillie
04-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Smokey -

I have just started with the server, and plan on doing some testing with clients in the next day or so.

From what I can tell, there is a sockets command, but no "user" or "user STAT" command which was what the old FBD2 relied on for data as well as chat commands.

Also there seems to be just one log file instead of a separate console log and event log as the old IL2.

I really need the data from the new log file from a dedicated server that has run a mission with players and AI getting kills, air and ground. (Hint..Hint !! for those with a DS running)

I plan on incorporating a remote piece for the next FBDj, but It may take a while as I have RL stuff that is taking most of my time these days.

RAF238thWildWillie

Blackrat
04-13-2011, 02:27 PM
I have started a log on the Syndicate server about an hour ago, as soon as someone finds another plane and shoots it down I'll send you it ;)

Blackrat
04-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Take a look and see if there is anything in there for you.

KDN
04-13-2011, 06:22 PM
so
the difficulty AntropomorphiControl 0
and difficulty AnthropomorphicControl 0
and difficulty AntropomorficControl 0
does not work...
any ideas?

Blackrat
04-13-2011, 07:23 PM
difficulty AntropomorphicControl 0

KDN
04-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Thank you kindly.
I actually had it spelled out correctly on my .cmd file (AntropomorphicControl 0) but another parameter CockpitAlwaysON 1 (instead of CockpitAlwaysOn 1) was messing the sequence and the Antro command was not going through.
Much appreciated your response that made me look more carefully :grin:

Smokeynz
04-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Blackrat, you need to supply those logs, your mission and setup info to 1C as there is many exceptions within those logs that need addressing.

Those sort of exceptions can be the cause of lag, stutters and generally crappy performance.

Thee_oddball
04-13-2011, 11:29 PM
where is the game keeping the logs? i cant find them anywhere :( and i have set to 1 in confs

Thee_oddball
04-13-2011, 11:38 PM
timeout 60000 missLoad basic40.mis

it does nothing :( is this formatted correctly?

EDIT
got it to work...some what proper format is timeout 60.000 ( =1 minute)

Blackrat
04-14-2011, 06:29 AM
timeout 60000 missLoad basic40.mis

it does nothing :( is this formatted correctly?

EDIT
got it to work...some what proper format is timeout 60.000 ( =1 minute)

Great one, I have been playing around with that all day yesterday and couldn't get it to work, so it lies when it says it is in milliseconds ;).

I set the LOG on in my console.cmd file and LOGTIME on too before the mission starts

console LOG on
console LOGTIME on
missLoad *.mis
battle start

This creates a log.txt file with times where you put the missions.

Blackrat
04-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Nope timeout doesn't work as I hoped, I am assuming it gives a pause between commands in console.cmd

format is

timeout <timeout in ms> <command name> [<params>]

Typing in the dos box

timeout 60.000 missLoad mission.miss

Gives an error Command not found: missload mission.miss after 60 seconds, so the timeout is working with direct entry.

using the following in console.cmd file

missLoad 128Bobv1_3.mis
battle start
timeout 60.000
chat Mission changes in 1 minute ALL
timeout 60.000
battle stop
missLoad 128Bob.mis
battle start

Results in everything executing but no timeouts so it executes one line straight after the other. Frustrating or what, but then I am no IT programmer.

Smokeynz
04-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Hang fire until next patch this weekend, more info about server contained with it.

Anyway, In old versions there is no decimal in the timer number, just ms(miliseconds)

Also you are better to drive files with the mission load parameters within it, then another timer to open next file. If you get clever you could possibly index through a list.

For whats its worth, its not worth getting to hung up on it, Wildwillie is very capable of whipping up a nice little java server app, what he needs is data though from server operation logs.

To be ideal though logs need documentation, ie players do a set sequence of stuff. bit painful, however important as tying the event with what actually happens allows correct programming of server controller.

Blackrat
04-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I know smokey, but I like to fiddle and get things working :)

Thee_oddball
04-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Nope timeout doesn't work as I hoped, I am assuming it gives a pause between commands in console.cmd

format is

timeout <timeout in ms> <command name> [<params>]

Typing in the dos box

timeout 60.000 missLoad mission.miss

Gives an error Command not found: missload mission.miss after 60 seconds, so the timeout is working with direct entry.

using the following in console.cmd file

missLoad 128Bobv1_3.mis
battle start
timeout 60.000
chat Mission changes in 1 minute ALL
timeout 60.000
battle stop
missLoad 128Bob.mis
battle start

Results in everything executing but no timeouts so it executes one line straight after the other. Frustrating or what, but then I am no IT programmer.

timeout 7200.00 missLoad basic40.mis does ot work as you know :( but

timeout 7200.00 f server.cmd does work :):) and inside that cmd is a missLoad that does work :):)

I have 2 cmd's that keep loading each other right now ( 2 maps) will make it five later :)

ATAG_Bliss
04-14-2011, 02:14 PM
How are you getting the mission to end/destroy before moving on to the next one. The battle stop command only, well, stops the battle. For instance, it will error out unless you destroy the mission if you have AI in it.

For instance IL246 uses (example)

mission END
mission DESTROY
mission LOAD Net/dogfight/pacific fighters/01.mis BEGIN
mission START
timeout 360000 mission_b.cmd

What's the command to destroy/end a mission with COD?

Blackrat
04-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Yep, figured that too, now the next problem is when you start the next mission after using the battle stop command it gives errors of NOT Destroyed actor: then when the new mission starts a few AI are killed.

Each of these are in cmd files

console LOG on
console LOGTIME on
f mission1.cmd

missLoad 128Bobv1_5a.mis
battle start
timeout 420.000 f stop2.cmd

battle stop
timeout 10.000 f mission2.cmd

missLoad volcanic.mis
battle start
timeout 420.000 f stop1.cmd

...and so on calling separate files, I put the battle stop delay in to see if it destroyed the previous mission but it didn't.

So I get.....

[14:10:00] NOT Destroyed actor: moqyW86qCGd0YltMOFi.fZCsxE6e8lPaI0tc2cJ
[14:10:00] NOT Destroyed actors = 19

and on start up of the next mission

Server: Pilot G.50 () (AI) was killed.
[14:10:05] Server: AI in a G.50 () collided with terrain.
[14:10:05] Server: Pilot G.50 () (AI) was killed.
[14:10:05] Server: AI in a G.50 () crashed.
[14:10:08] Server: Pilot Hurricane (DH 5-20) () (AI) was killed.
[14:10:08] Server: AI in a Hurricane (DH 5-20) () is no more.
[14:10:10] Server: Pilot Hurricane (DH 5-20) () (AI) was killed.
[14:10:10] Server: Hurricane (DH 5-20) () (AI) crashed.

Thee_oddball
04-15-2011, 02:37 AM
one thing i am sure of is there will NO running a dedicated server off XP SP3 (used for testing) because i am getting to many errors that i dont when using win7 :(
The server started rotating maps every 5 minutes instead of 2 hours :( then the chat stopped showing up.

the "actors: not being destroyed explains why when i spawned a one of the bases there was an AA gun shooting his mates and then me ...lol...leftover from the map before :)

I cant believe that with all the functionality of the original IL2 dedicated server that they could put out a new MP server that is soooo ...neutered! :(

S!

p.s i have not yet found a way to get rid of the "actors" :(

Ataros
04-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Yep, figured that too, now the next problem is when you start the next mission after using the battle stop command it gives errors of NOT Destroyed actor: then when the new mission starts a few AI are killed.

It turns out that it is done on purpose because in CoD we can load one mission into another as developers kindly informed.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21518

Probably you should load a mission with a script destroying all bots to clear the server of bots (or restart the server). Just guessing ))

Maybe people with C++ knowledge can answer how to create such a script based on the info in that topic.