PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we're giving up

602Sqn.McLean
04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I've noticed some awesome stuff done on 'direct' connect servers. I haven't tried one but I'm about to. It's been a couple of weeks now and I still cannot get any servers through the internet other than 'direct' connect. As much as I believe the crew either from Steam or Maddox are working hard to rectify these issues it's now getting a bit long in the tooth. A few of the old heads are saying not to complain but crikey how long do we have to wait before it's fixed. As I've said before, if you purchase any other product that doesn't deliver what was promised you would be straight on the phone demanding answers. I don't suspect many would accept the current excuses going around. The so called 'loyal' followers surely must see that there is a massive problem and people have a 'right' to express their disappointment at the issues not being fixed. Telling the people who sold this product to have a rest now is just not on. Rest after it's fixed. Plenty of people out there work 7 days a week and don't rest, especially if what they're producing is not what was promised. :evil:

Heinz Laube
04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
i think, normally nearly all buyers would give the game back to store instantly in the current state... the only thing that stop us to give up, is the hope, they will fix the game before the US Release to a state, that we can say its a game good enough for a Release, not a Alpha or Beta... and then it will get the Support like they done with IL2, i hope it will not end like Silent Hunter5 :( COD has a lot of Potential...

doghous3
04-12-2011, 10:02 AM
The MP aspect was the biggest draw for me. I was certainly disappointed when I first tried the server browser.

It is in fact working, but not particularly well. It can take some time for server's to show.

Add to the woes that inititally no server's where dedicated, and player's would host a server for an hour and then gone. Fair enough, people testing I presume.

The dedicated aspect has been discovered now, and we have two. Direct connect is best of course. I'm sure more and more will appear over the weeks, with different realism/objectives variable's.

Sadly, there have been plenty of hiccups.

I'm no fan-boi/follower/loyalist. But the fact remains, all we can do is do what we are doing now and wait for improvements.

Nothing wrong with giving them a kick-up-the-arse though. We want lots of MP servers!!

chimp306
04-12-2011, 10:10 AM
+1 here!

I got the game for the MP, not SP, and i have to admit that although i have not been as plagued with performance issues as some guys have.

However this current MP is a game breaker for me, i have not flown since the patch, i loaded up the game, checked (because i was under the impression that friday was also the say for the MP fix) but alas still no servers.

Im sure it will get done eventually, until then my CE looks great on the shelf.

602Sqn.McLean
04-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Yes I agree gents. I may whinge but I will wait. I'm a bit of a believer that one must accept responsibility and then seek to undo what was done. Anyway, I've just purchased TrackIr4 Pro with TrackClip and it's awesome to go with my X52 joystick and rudder pedals. I look the part, just want lots of server to get shot down on.

robtek
04-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Weeeell, one could still use the time to learn offline the cem, easier now than later with human opponents!

JG14_Jagr
04-12-2011, 10:20 AM
The biggest problem with servers is the search function.. I usually run it and then go get a drink, take the dog out, make a sandwich, and then come back and a few servers will be listed.. some times it takes well over a minute for the first to show up. Its not made any better by the lack of a dedicated server so that servers come and go..

The "Real" MP for this game will be on Hyper Lobby eventually IMHO

602Sqn.McLean
04-12-2011, 10:21 AM
That is so true robtek. I've dabbled in CEM and it is something to practice on. I figure that once a stack of servers are up and running coupled with the ability to have a talk on 'teamspeak' I'll be able to get some 'free' lessons on getting some of those bloody planes to start up. Wonder if it's too much to ask for windscreen wipers to be put on the planes to wipe that damn oil off.

ATAG_Bliss
04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
The biggest problem with servers is the search function.. I usually run it and then go get a drink, take the dog out, make a sandwich, and then come back and a few servers will be listed.. some times it takes well over a minute for the first to show up. Its not made any better by the lack of a dedicated server so that servers come and go..

The "Real" MP for this game will be on Hyper Lobby eventually IMHO

Hi Jagr,

Our dedicated server is now up and set for 128 human players. The software is there! It just took a bit to get sorted out.

I have no doubt that someone from HL will get this sorted out very soon.

Worst comes to shove for the moment, just write down the direct connect IP's of the servers that are running, put it in a spread sheet, and print it out for future reference.

Ataros
04-12-2011, 11:47 AM
There are servers in the bowser. Just wait 2-3 minutes for them to load (if you want to play). There are just not many of them but you can always host a server yourself (if you want to play).

To join direct connect servers quickly go to Steam -> Servers -> Favorite and add all direct connect servers by their IP. They do not show up for me in Steam however, but show up ingame.

Go back to game and in browser select Favorites. They show up almost instantly.

Probably it is worth adding this info to direct connect servers topics.