Darbo
04-12-2011, 12:52 AM
was a week after my game arrived by the time i sorted my computor to play it
didnt bother trying to run it on my athlon 3700 and 6600gt in sli gfx card

and i think its a massive improvment over il2-1946
im running it at 1440-900
settings medium on everything
and it plays 98% smoothly
the odd microfreeze /stutter but nothing that stops you getting your guns on a target
its diffrent to the previous games feels nicer
landings seem smoother

and it just looks nice even on medium

my setups

i5-2500k std clock
msi 560ti std clock
8gig ddr3 1600
500gig sata hdd
fresh install win 7 64bit
sound blaster x-fi extream

as said by others the potential looks massive

Ploughman
04-12-2011, 01:03 AM
I too seem to have some level of stability with the sim and I'm really very impressed with it even though I don't think I'll ever really be able to fully enjoy it with my current set up.

I've a Q6600, 4gb RAM, GT9800 1GB

Visually it makes Il-2 look like Lego. It's entirely in another league, even with the comprimises I've had to make to get it to run more or less smoothly it's clear CloD's in orbit while Il-2's in the mud.

But the real joy is the authenticity of it. Sat on the arse of a Do-17 hammering away with half a dozen Brownings and it looks real and it feels real, the way the bomber moves, the bits flying off, it's utterly convincing (minus the lack of Anit-aliasing which is a bit of an issue at the moment).

As it stands it's a flawed diamond. This time next year it'll be the Kohinoor of flight sims.

capt vertigo
04-12-2011, 02:09 AM
Totally agreee... My system is "cough, cough" two years old...
But all that I was capable of glimpsing with my mere Nvidia 8800GTS totally blew me away.. :)

BlackbusheFlyer
04-12-2011, 02:39 AM
I initially was very disappointed due to the bugs, the game however has very much grown on me and now I can really see the potential this has. Therefore I humbly stand and admit I really love this game now, yes there are bugs aplenty however once these are ironed out it will be truly remarkable.

Rattlehead
04-12-2011, 08:10 AM
And the best part is, is that CoD is just the tip of the iceberg, much like the original Il-2 was.

Avionsdeguerre
04-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Clod is a very good game now :)