PDA

View Full Version : Holy Moly! Impostors! Seriously?

luthier
04-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone,

So apparently some dude went on checksix.fr posing as myself and posting something stupid. He's even got an "official" signature hosted on imageshack!

He posted
http://www.checksix-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1152645&postcount=95

which is a mangled version of my earlier post here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=242956#post242956

I really didn't want to get into conspiracy theories before. A lot of criticism we receive is warranted, and so I took everything at face value. I saw a lot of posts all over the internet copy-and-pasting the same horrible things about the game, but I really didn't want to think that it was a part of an organized effort or anything like that.

Now this is getting ridiculous. I have no idea if what's happening on checksix might be happening elsewhere too. Has anyone seen "me" posting about the game and talking crap to fans? The only sites I've been posting lately are here, sukhoi.ru an dtf.ru.

PeterPanPan
04-11-2011, 02:27 PM
That is such a low life thing to do. As if you haven't got enough to deal with Luthier. I'm not sure what, as a community, we can do about this. Anyone got any ideas?

Sven
04-11-2011, 02:32 PM
There's always the ones that try to ruin the fun of others:(

Wolf_Rider
04-11-2011, 02:39 PM
positive/ negative criticism aside, that's going far too far... there's no need for that kind of doo-doo

Strike
04-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Nope. We need to phone the boss of internet to have them banned!

edit: For ALL eternity!!!!

(oh yes, I'm serious)

Gourmand
04-11-2011, 02:42 PM
thanks to inform you... the moderators really had a doubt...
sorry for checksix, but it's not an "official forum" ;)
1C you should sue for counterfeit the official logo... :rolleyes:

nearmiss
04-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Luthier

We have been dealing with all manner of trolls on these forums since the release. Those that were planning to steal COD are particularly put out with Steam. Steam has taken their freebie away.

The crackers have been on the site asking what code was used to create the COD. Like we don't know what they are up to.

Just ignore the lousy publicity. The people that care and appreciate the work you and the team have done are with you 200%.

albx
04-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone,

So apparently some dude went on checksix.fr posing as myself and posting something stupid. He's even got an "official" signature hosted on imageshack!

He posted
http://www.checksix-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1152645&postcount=95

which is a mangled version of my earlier post here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=242956#post242956

I really didn't want to get into conspiracy theories before. A lot of criticism we receive is warranted, and so I took everything at face value. I saw a lot of posts all over the internet copy-and-pasting the same horrible things about the game, but I really didn't want to think that it was a part of an organized effort or anything like that.

Now this is getting ridiculous. I have no idea if what's happening on checksix might be happening elsewhere too. Has anyone seen "me" posting about the game and talking crap to fans? The only sites I've been posting lately are here, sukhoi.ru an dtf.ru.

the admin there can check his ip and see where he is from...

ATAG_Doc
04-11-2011, 02:47 PM
No matter how much good you try to do in the world there is always someone out there that is filled with rage about it. They hate without being able to quantify why they do. It's a mental disorder. Mommy held them too much...or not enough. Just pick your cliché it doesn't matter. They are sick in the head.

FZG_Immel
04-11-2011, 02:48 PM
IP said Russia, that is what was puzzling.

TeeJay82
04-11-2011, 02:50 PM
:O i find it incredible that after all your proven dedication to the forums, and all your hard work with the game, people would be such assholes...

At least i have complete faith in you and your team... for whats thats worth to you :)

I really hope you can track this person down and throw all the lawyers in the world at him

vicinity
04-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Pathetic. Considering the copyright infringement you might be able to get the IP from the people that run the forums so you can ban him from this forum too. :)

Raggz
04-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Checking the IP doesn't mean anything. Anyone can use a VPN or a proxy.

Wonder what's going through the heads on morons going lengths to be an asshole.

Sven
04-11-2011, 02:55 PM
IP said Russia, that is what was puzzling.

The internet has endless possibilities my friend, checking IP says nothing.

*Dang it, someone beat me too it :P

What I find most concering are those tons of youtube "free crack" videos :(

TeeJay82
04-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Pathetic. Considering the copyright infringement you might be able to get the IP from the people that run the forums so you can ban him from this forum too. :)

This guy dont need to be banned.... he needs an asswhopping... and since he tries to destroy my passion for the last 6 years... id gladly pay him a visit if he lives near my location

i must now say.... of my 4 years as a forum visitor in noumerous sites.. this is the very first post that made me pissed off :O

vicinity
04-11-2011, 03:06 PM
The point is using a vpn or proxy is an inconvenience for the imposter. There's not a lot you can do other than try and ban them...or you could continue to let them post on these forums with whatever agenda they have.

TeeJay82
04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
The point is using a vpn or proxy is an inconvenience for the imposter. There's not a lot you can do other than try and ban them...or you could continue to let them post on these forums with whatever agenda they have.

Keep Your friends close... and your enemys closer

FG28_Kodiak
04-11-2011, 03:18 PM
What we realy need in this Forum is a
"BUY Luthier and his Team a Beer" - Paypal button

Uhmm may be better a
"Buy Luthier and his Team a Coffee" button ;)

jibo
04-11-2011, 03:20 PM
C6 forums had already a strong track record in terms of CoD bashing

Devastator
04-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Move on, nothing to see.

Vevster
04-11-2011, 03:45 PM
C6 forums had already a strong track record in terms of CoD bashing

Nonetheless, someone there warned Luthier :wink:

jf1981
04-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone,
[...]

Hi,

Post & Guy removed, I don't think it's worth to even think about it.

Luthier, please with all respect, would you avoid to spend too mcuh time with those of us who are writing craps ;) and best wish & long life to Cliffs of Dover, the high learning curve game (steep like escalading a mountain).

But at this point, there are issues to be solved. I'll keep playing cause it does look like this sim managed to enter in my veins.

Regards

Rocka
04-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Can we be sure that THIS is the real Luthier posting in this thread? :)

No seriously, that is some very immature thing to do.
The best thing you can do is not to even bother and carry on.
Best wishes to the team at MG, I'm sure this bashing of the game will fade out with time (and patches). Keep that spirit up!

ATAG_Doc
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Now I'm not even sure it's me writing this post. Please help. Does anyone know if this is the real me? Is that you John Wayne? Is this the real me?